Mnsshp - what's the earliest you can go in wearing costume?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
Dh are going to mnsshp in September. We are planning on wearing costumes and I was just wondering what time you can generally get away with entering the park in costume? I know people who only have party tickets can go in at 4 but I am being a bit ambitious and have booked a fp for Peter pan which expires at 4.10 so I know it will be tight if we can't get in until 4 so I was just wondering if we may be able to go in earlier than this. We have hopper tickets so are fine to enter the park earlier, it's just the costume that is the issue.

Some come into the park in the morning with costumes on and some bring the costume in when they come to the park in the morning, leave in lockers and just change out later in the day.

I don't believe costumes are ever an issue at WDW, are you doing another park that day before coming to MNSSHP? If not I personally wouldn't waste a days tix to come into the park before 4 pm. If you are coming through the gates at 4 pm and head straight to PP it should be fine..

I don't believe costumes are ever an issue at WDW, are you doing another park that day before coming to MNSSHP? If not I personally wouldn't waste a days tix to come into the park before 4 pm. If you are coming through the gates at 4 pm and head straight to PP it should be fine..
Adults are not allowed to wear costumes to WDW outside of MNSSHP. And there are rules for that as well.

Costumes are strictly prohibited for guests 14 and over. Guests 14 and older can dress in a manner that is similiar to that of a character (called bounding) but it can’t be a full costume.

We are passholders and attended MNSHP last year. I entered the gates about 3:45 with a costume and there were plenty of others in costume in the park. It depends on what your costume is- if it’s close to a bounding type outfit, you’d probably be fine. We’ve also been in the park on party days when we weren’t attending the party, and I don’t remember anyone in costume until after 3, aside from kids.

As far as your fastpass, you get an automatic green mickey five minutes early and fifteen minutes late. You have plenty of time. I also wouldn’t use a day on my ticket on a party day. It wouldn’t gain you more than half a day of park time- only that much if you opened MK and didn’t leave before the party, which makes for a super-long day.

We usually spend an hour or two doing attractions before our 3pm Plaza reservation on party days and we've never had an issue being in costume in the park around lunchtime. There were plenty of others already in costume in the park, too.

We're going to be at typhoon lagoon that day so will only be going to mk for mnsshp. We are travelling from the UK so the type of ticket we get allows to to hop between any parks including the water parks without having to waste a ticket so going in slightly before 4 won't affect us in that sense.

Costumes are strictly prohibited for guests 14 and over. Guests 14 and older can dress in a manner that is similiar to that of a character (called bounding) but it can’t be a full costume.

We are passholders and attended MNSHP last year. I entered the gates about 3:45 with a costume and there were plenty of others in costume in the park. It depends on what your costume is- if it’s close to a bounding type outfit, you’d probably be fine. We’ve also been in the park on party days when we weren’t attending the party, and I don’t remember anyone in costume until after 3, aside from kids.

As far as your fastpass, you get an automatic green mickey five minutes early and fifteen minutes late. You have plenty of time. I also wouldn’t use a day on my ticket on a party day. It wouldn’t gain you more than half a day of park time- only that much if you opened MK and didn’t leave before the party, which makes for a super-long day.
This will be our 4th MNSSHP and Ive seen adults in costumes every single time.. Also during the 24 hour days they use to have...
The rules actually are that adults cannot wear costumes outside of a party or special event. So yes adults can wear costumes for the parties...

Now that being said if you follow those rules then no you cant wear your costume and go in early. You may need to store your costume in a locker and put it on closer to official party time..

I worked for Disney in the Magic Kingdom Park in 2014 then moved up to a office position, I do know what we were told as Cast Members working in magic kingdom and the MNSSHP

Last edited:
Costumes for adults are allowed during MNSSHP. I thinkthe question is that on a MNSSHP day, how early can you enter the park in your MNSSHP costume. They allow persons with tickets to enter MK at 4 PM, are they allowed to wear costumes at that time?

Costumes for adults are allowed during MNSSHP. I thinkthe question is that on a MNSSHP day, how early can you enter the park in your MNSSHP costume. They allow persons with tickets to enter MK at 4 PM, are they allowed to wear costumes at that time?
I know I have seen people enter at 4 in full costume (they were princess and gorgeous dresses) but it doesn't mean it was really allowed, I have no idea, I mean unfortunately there isn't always consistency, I think I would bring it with me and put in a locker just in case, I wouldn't want to be turned away at the gate...

Yes this is what I was getting at, sorry my brain was on half function when I wrote this and I rambled a bit :rotfl:

Adults can definitely enter in costume at 4 on MNSSHP days and a little bit before. As to how much earlier, I don’t think there’s a definite answer. An adult trying to enter in a true costume at park open would likely not be allowed. Passholders/normal ticket holders trying to beat the crowds by entering shortly before 4 in costume are also ok.

Adults can definitely enter in costume at 4 on MNSSHP days and a little bit before. As to how much earlier, I don’t think there’s a definite answer. An adult trying to enter in a true costume at park open would likely not be allowed. Passholders/normal ticket holders trying to beat the crowds by entering shortly before 4 in costume are also ok.
We're doing a jurassic park costume so there's no chance we will look like any disney characters.

There is a 15 minute built in grace period for fast passes. If you're waiting at the tapstyles before 4 your should have no trouble. Sometimes party goers will be let in a little early as well, though don't count on that.

I heard today from a CM that there was talk about Disney lowering the time that you could enter the Park with a Halloween ticket to as low as 2. Hopefully, someone going in August can confirm this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter