MNSSHP on Thu., Oct. 10

SqueakyMouse

DIS Veteran
We attended MNSSHP. Since we purchased our tickets the previous day, we were surprised to find that this event had sold out.

We have attended this event in the past and really enjoyed. While we had fun last night, I doubt we'll do it again. There were just too many people there with the same plan as us: to see the parade, villain show, and characters.

All the people who squished in front of us for the 1st parade.

The well over 6 feet tall men who were sitting when we took our spots but who stood and spread out as the parade began. NO ONE behind them could see, and there were 5 of them!

2nd parade was a little less crowded. Folks were much more polite for this one, making sure the little kids could see.

Our kids loved that the rides were walk-ons; but, we use our APs and go to WDW often, so rides were not a priority for dh and me. The lines for candy were huge until the late evening. Lines for characters were long and very slow moving. We did not seem to have very good character karma last night. For example, we got in line to see Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and the monkey. After 30 minutes in line, only Aladdin and the monkey remained...and the others were not returning. By 11:30, many attractions had closed down; and most people were leaving the park. Only a few CMs were working at Sleepy Hollow, so lines were long and slow there, too. I think the biggest turn-off for me was how much Disney has scaled-back the decorations and special effects. For us, the expense of MNSSHP was not worth it. However, if you are using your party ticket as your entry to the park that day and you don't often visit WDW, you'd probably feel differently. It is really neat to see all the guests in their costumes. Rather surreal.

We are going Thursday the 17th I'm hoping it's not packed but it probably will. Went last year around the same day you went at it was also packed. Had a good time but not really comfortable in huge crowds. Hoping it's less crowded this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter