• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP next week,

snowwhitemom

Going down the road feeling bad!
We will be attending the MNSSHP next week. Other than offical information I don't really no what to expect. My child is 5yo and will be wearing a costume. Does any one have any info. on this event? Thanks for your help.

It was really fun! The decorations were great. We showed up at the park around 630 or so, since we didn't spend the day at MK. Went thru security, got a wristband at the turnstile after showing our tickets. After we got in, a CM approached my children (dd is 11, ds is 8) and asked them if they wanted to ride in the parade:D ! So they were in the 1030 parade.

Fireworks were good, there is face painting, trick or treating, family pictures, storytelling, etc. No waits on ANY rides. We walked right on to most.

Let me know if any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer what I can!:)

Thanks CutlerP, One question... Will my husband and I be the only adults not dressed up? Thank you for the info., I fill much better informed now.

My kids dressed up (Red Riding Hood and Harry Potter), but we (myself, dh, and dm) did not. There were plenty of adults dressed up, but the majority were not. Some adults just wore mouse ears or a bobbly headband or something, some had a Halloween shirt of some sort. (I bought a MNSSHP t-shirt, they are really cool orange tie-dye) You definitely will not feel left out!

CutlerP,

Can you tell me how much the t-shirt was and where you purchased it? Did they have any other MNSSHP items like pins etc?

Also, what time were the fireworks and the parades.

And one more - what direction did the parade go? From Main Street to Frontierland or the reverse?

Thanks lots!

HockeyMom,

I ended up purchasing my tshirt at the Emporium on my way out of the park after midnite. It was $20. They were selling them in shops all over the park - and I could swear that in Tomorrowland (Mickey's Star Traders????) that it was only $16. Maybe that was the kids one though. If you don't see the size you need, ask a CM - one told me that they don't put a whole lot out on the shelf, since they have to take them right off the shelves when the party is over. There are plenty in back. It's a cool shirt! :D I think there were pins and other merchandise, but I don't remember exactly what....

There were 2 parades - one at 830, and one at 1030. I didn't see the 830 parade, so I don't know which way it went, but the 1030 parade started on Main Street and ended in FrontierLand. Don't miss the Headless Horseman right before the parade!! Very cool! The fireworks were right after the 830 parade....I can't remember exactly what time, but probably somewhere around 9 or 915.

Try to remember to look up high in the sky at the spotlights! They were also very cool, especially from high atop Splash Mountain!

Let me know if you have ANY more questions! I love to talk about our trip!:cool:

I was there on the 18th too.

The only special thing I saw on sale except for t-shirt(which of course I got) was a very nice plastic halloween pumpkin with a handle to use for trick or treating.

The 8:30 parade went the same way as the 10:30. Fireworks were at 9:15 and followed directly by the Cinderella surprise show on the castle stage. After the show all the characters came out into the crowd. I watched the parade in frontier land since I forgot the time and didn't get lined up til 8:45(still got a good view though). It didn't get there until maybe 8:55 or so, then walked to the castle watched the fireworks and the witch flying, then the show. The fireworks would be easier to see in fantasyland, but then you would miss the witch flying and the cinderella show. The cinderella show was put on several times that night though.

They also had a special liberty cruise. They had characters, the band from the saloon show(can't think of it's name) and treats on board. I was on there 20 minutes and it never left the dock so I left and I can't give more details then that.

One hint, the lines for pictures vary by location and time so don't wait if the line is long, you will eventually find a short one(I waited 5 minutes). The picture is free and they want to give a family only one, but I saw lots of families breaking into groups, kids then adults etc, without any trouble.

I agree with CulterP, the headless horseman is really cool. I missed it at the 8:30 parade as it goes through frontier land AT 8:30, but went back to the second parade to see it.

CutlerP: Send me your email address and I'll forward the photo. I think I have a little bit of your son in the pix behind the "princesses".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter