Delete Thread

Great news!!! I love the parks during Halloween and Christmas! So much good stuff going on and the decorations are amazing!!

Following along and I can't wait to see how your trip progresses! :)

Have you been to Great Adventure before?

Kingda Ka is ridiculous!

No this will be the first time!

Josh will have to ride that one alone. :scared:

It was fun! My son wanted to ride it for years, and I finally took him for his 11th birthday. We decided it would be our first ride in the park. When we approached the front of the queue, he asked if we could wait for the front. Um....ok :)

It was amazing. Front row was definitely an experience. If you like coasters, I highly recommend it.

Now, the Superman ride, on the other hand...that was even more insane! The "train" hangs under the track, but you get leaned forward, so it's like you're flying. I'm not great with heights, so the initial climb with nothing but trust in a lap and shoulder harness keeping me from dropping into the infield took a bit of a leap for me :) Still, I'm happy I went on it. I've never been on anything like it.

IMO, the best ride in the park, however, is El Toro, the big wooden coaster. I don't typically like wooden coasters, but this one felt more like a steel coaster in terms of smoothness, speed, etc. It won "best coaster in the world" on a show we once watched on TV, and they weren't kidding.

In all, it's clearly not Disney, but if you're looking for thrill rides, you can't go wrong there.

September 2016: Halloween trip-29 weeks

December 2016: Christmas/Josh's birthday trip-42 weeks

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter