MNSSHP conflicting with our trip planning.

CricketMa

Earning My Ears
So for our trip this October we were planning on spending our first and last days of a five day trip at MK. BUT they just announced the dates for the Halloween party and there will be one on BOTH magic kingdom days for us.

Since I'm traveling with people who have never been to Disney and since we aren't inclined to pay for the party twice we have to change one of the days that we are going to the magic kingdom.

SO should we start with MK still on day one and change the second MK day to say the second to last day?

OR should the first park we visit be EPCOT or Animal kingdom or something similar and then the second day be a MK day and the last day we go back to MK for the Halloween party?

Hope that all makes sense. for those of you who have done MNSSHP which would you prefer?

We ran into this planning our trip too. We are going to go on the shorter MK day 1st, and do our longer MK day toward the end so we can be there late with the fireworks.

I prefer the party days because so many people skip MK on those days due to no fireworks that the crowds are awesome.

I would do MK even with the shorter hours one day, and then get tickets for MNSSHP the last day. They will let you into MK at 4pm and you can get fast passes for the 4-6pm time frame. And MNSSHP is awesome! We went unexpectedly last year and loved it. Our party was in early Sept and I was so in the mood for Halloween for the next 8 weeks!

I would do your first day at MK (no party) and do the party on your last night.
This is exactly what we are doing. Two magic kingdom days but only one with the mnsshp and it will be our last day (which also happens to be my birthday )

On your first day, you could consider doing the most until 6 and then going to a monorail resort (or fort wildnerness) for dinner. You didn't mention where you are staying, but there are fun things to see and do at those results and my kids consider the monorail and the boats to be a great part of the entertainment

We are going when MNSSHP is on as well. The pp idea about going on a party day and getting an ADR at a monorail resort is a good one. You can probably catch the fireworks after dinner depending on your dinner time and how long you stay. We got lucky, we had planned to go for my DD birthday which is a party night and we got tickets. There are two problems though with our plan; 1. CRT isn't open for reservations yet, hopefully they will be, and 2. It will be a very long day, we have BBB at 8. We may have to take a resort break mid day which we hadn't planned on doing. Hopefully DD will be able to get a decent nap in during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!