MNSSHP 2019 - DVC admit time?

FINNZUP

Always planning the next Disney Vacation
Hello,
Long time DVC owner - first time considering attending MNSSHP for Oct 2019. I called DVC today to ask about the 2PM DVC member admit time on party day (earlier than the 4PM ticket holder time) that I have heard on podcasts. DVC's reply was "a 2PM member time has not been announced for MNSSHP 2019 yet"..... Does anyone have a take on this? Is it historical that DVC members are invited into the MK at 2PM? Is this just semantics/formality for DVC to hold the 'announcement' ?

TIA

Last year I believe was the first year they allowed DVC members to have access to MNSSHP at 2pm. We attended in late September and it was a nice perk being I am not an AP holder.

It took place last year for both MNSSHP and MVMCP.
My take is.... they just haven't announced it yet but its highly likely going to happen.

Last year was the first year they did it (for both the Halloween and Christmas parties). I would imagine they would do it again since it doesn't really cost them much. My group couldn't get our act together to show up at 2pm, but we did arrive around 3:45pm and it was still a nice perk. We walked right in, no line, and got a great picture in front of the castle with a lighter than usual crowd on Main Street.

How many people do they let in with the DVC member? We have a group of 12 going down together...

Forgive my ignorance, but maybe someone can help me understand. Doesn't MNSSHP start at 7pm with park closing to regular guests at 6pm? Confused at what the 4pm/2pm times are referring to.

Forgive my ignorance, but maybe someone can help me understand. Doesn't MNSSHP start at 7pm with park closing to regular guests at 6pm? Confused at what the 4pm/2pm times are referring to.
With a party ticket, you can enter the park at 4PM without any other ticket. The 2PM entrance for DVC was started last year as a "perk." It has not been announced that it would continue this year, but I would hope so!

So as a DVC member they allowed you to enter MK at 2PM without using a ticket entitlement last year (no idea if they will do so again this year). Everyone can enter at 4PM without using a ticket entitlement.

With a party ticket, you can enter the park at 4PM without any other ticket. The 2PM entrance for DVC was started last year as a "perk." It has not been announced that it would continue this year, but I would hope so!

So as a DVC member they allowed you to enter MK at 2PM without using a ticket entitlement last year (no idea if they will do so again this year). Everyone can enter at 4PM without using a ticket entitlement.

Thanks. So even though the park "closes" at 6pm for those without tickets, when do they close entrances to the park for non MNSSHP ticketed guests?

Thanks. So even though the park "closes" at 6pm for those without tickets, when do they close entrances to the park for non MNSSHP ticketed guests?
I believe it is park close time, just as every other day so in this case 6 PM. However, those people won't have the wristband, which is supposed to be used to filter non-party guests out of the park. Though in reality some amount of people stay in the park for the parade and fireworks without paying for the party. However, a vast majority of the people have the wristbands and without them you can't ride the rides (though some people try to sneak on) or get access to the free goodies.

I believe it is park close time, just as every other day so in this case 6 PM. However, those people won't have the wristband, which is supposed to be used to filter non-party guests out of the park. Though in reality some amount of people stay in the park for the parade and fireworks without paying for the party. However, a vast majority of the people have the wristbands and without them you can't ride the rides (though some people try to sneak on) or get access to the free goodies.
Sorry for all these questions, I am still so confused. If anyone can enter until close (6pm) then what is the purpose of the 2pm/4pm entrance time for MNSSHP tickets? Is that the time that you can get your wrist band? So what if I enter the park at 9am that day, how do I go about getting wrist band?

Sorry for all these questions, I am still so confused. If anyone can enter until close (6pm) then what is the purpose of the 2pm/4pm entrance time for MNSSHP tickets? Is that the time that you can get your wrist band? So what if I enter the park at 9am that day, how do I go about getting wrist band?
You can enter at 9AM but you will need to have a ticket to use (not the party ticket) to get into MK, whereas entering after 2PM for DVC last year/4 PM for everyone else, allows you to use the party ticket to enter the park without needing an MK ticket. That is the difference.

You can enter before 2PM/4PM and later in the day (around 2/4 PM) they will have stands setup that will check your MB/ticket for the party ticket and offer you a wristband.

You can enter at 9AM but you will need to have a ticket to use (not the party ticket) to get into MK, whereas entering after 2PM for DVC last year/4 PM for everyone else, allows you to use the party ticket to enter the park without needing an MK ticket. That is the difference.

You can enter before 2PM/4PM and later in the day (around 2/4 PM) they will have stands setup that will check your MB/ticket for the party ticket and offer you a wristband.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, gotcha. So sorry. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up

I called MS yesterday regarding MVMCP and they also didn’t have any info for that party as well about DVC being allowed to enter at 2pm. I’m hoping they’ll eventually announce that they’ll be doing a 2pm DVC entry for both parties again.

Our 180-day ADR window opens next week and we are planning on going to the party on 10/20. We will NOT have park tickets for that day so we are really hoping that the 2pm entry happens again. We want to eat a late lunch at LTT and we were planning to make our ADR for 3pm. Since we are a party of 8, it is going to be important that we make our ADR as close to 180 days out as possible, but without knowing if we can get in at 2, we are kind of stuck. I guess we are going to have to push our meal back and make it for 4:30, just in case we cannot get in at 2 again.

Our 180-day ADR window opens next week and we are planning on going to the party on 10/20. We will NOT have park tickets for that day so we are really hoping that the 2pm entry happens again. We want to eat a late lunch at LTT and we were planning to make our ADR for 3pm. Since we are a party of 8, it is going to be important that we make our ADR as close to 180 days out as possible, but without knowing if we can get in at 2, we are kind of stuck. I guess we are going to have to push our meal back and make it for 4:30, just in case we cannot get in at 2 again.
We were making plans on a 2pm opening too. I’m holding off on buying tickets until I know if they’re doing the 2pm opening or not unfortunately.

We were making plans on a 2pm opening too. I’m holding off on buying tickets until I know if they’re doing the 2pm opening or not unfortunately.
We bought tickets back in 2017 (before they were date-specific) so for us, it's more of an itinerary-planning issue. We have 7-day PH tickets, but we are not planning to burn a day off of them just to get in at 2pm instead of 4pm. We are going to be at WDW for 9 days so we can use the party ticket as a "day" and still get 8-10 hours in the park so that's a decent deal.

How many people do they let in with the DVC member? We have a group of 12 going down together...
I think it was a smaller number like 6 or 8. You had to show your Blue member card to do it. If you and Another member of your group are DVC members with blue cards (like your spouse or someone else on the same membership) I think you’d be ok with 12 just split the party in 2. That’s assuming they even do it again this year as nothing has been announced.

I think it was a smaller number like 6 or 8. You had to show your Blue member card to do it. If you and Another member of your group are DVC members with blue cards (like your spouse or someone else on the same membership) I think you’d be ok with 12 just split the party in 2. That’s assuming they even do it again this year as nothing has been announced.
Last year they didn't announce it until much closer to the party dates.

I can confirm last year it was 8 - we had friends who were not DVC, visiting WDW but not staying with us. I entered alone with my DVC card and my hubby took our three kids and four friends in with his card.

I too am hoping for 2PM as we are not visiting any other park this trip. Has there been any announcements yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter