MNSSHP 10/25 advice

wilbret

DIS Veteran
We are sandwiching a trip in between 2 work trips i have to Tampa. We will do parks 10/26,27,28. We are meeting up with brother in law and wife, who have no interest in MNSSHP. Likely would do it with just our family on 10/25, would that be insane?

We have gone every year since the kids were old enough to go, and I hate to miss it. Last year was so crowded, we actually got a refund. A little gun shy about a Friday night.We could do Sunday, but we were planning to take advantage of babysitters and do HHN.

Well, if you're insane, so are we! We have tickets for that night as well, as it's the only date we can attend. We went last year on a Friday in mid-September and it was incredibly crowded, which wasn't great, but we had planned for that and focused on just enjoying the atmosphere, 1 or 2 attractions, the parade, and the fireworks (including the dessert party). We hopped in trick-or-treat lines towards the end of the party when the lines got shorter and also bought our merch then too. I think as long as we both set expectations and have a plan in mind, we will do fine. :)

If you thought last year was too crowded (so much so that that you had your money refunded), then I think you'll feel the same towards another party this year. Especially a late Oct party that is likely to be a sell-out.
We go every year in Oct, usually mid-late Oct. We did Sunday Oct 14 last year and it was the most crowded party we have ever been to. Even more crowded than sold-out parties that we have been to in the past.
I don't think you're crazy for wanting to go to MNSSHP (we're going again this year too), but I think you should expect crowds to be at least what you experienced last year, if not worse, depending on when you went last year.

If you went last year and found it so crowded that you requested a refund, what makes you think this year will be different?

We didn’t request a refund, it was offered. I sent a note to customer service asking them to improve the experience by limiting ticket sales, etc.

I’m asking for feedback. People that go every year can report if they are having a better experience this year. Ya know, message board stuff.

If you thought last year was too crowded (so much so that that you had your money refunded), then I think you'll feel the same towards another party this year. Especially a late Oct party that is likely to be a sell-out.
We go every year in Oct, usually mid-late Oct. We did Sunday Oct 14 last year and it was the most crowded party we have ever been to. Even more crowded than sold-out parties that we have been to in the past.
I don't think you're crazy for wanting to go to MNSSHP (we're going again this year too), but I think you should expect crowds to be at least what you experienced last year, if not worse, depending on when you went last year.
I guess the question is, if they are overselling the event again this year, does anyone think they have improved this year vs last at managing the crowds. We’d know how to manage it better ourselves, in theory.

According to Disney they don't oversell. They just put out a $400 ticket that allows any one including locals to attend ALL the party dates!!! All reports are this is worse as far as crowds go than other years!!

My husband and I are going to Universal in October and were thinking of either hitting up MNSSHP on Thurs 10/17 or Sun 10/20 but now I am having second thoughts after reading all these posts and seeing all the people in ResortTV1 go live last night. I really want to go but I was hoping is was going to be more like the After Hours parties. :(

We went to the parties years back. No way would I go now a days when the tickets are over $100 for the type of crowds they get now. A family of 5 to go for almost $600 to barely go on any rides because of the waits and packed parade and fireworks??? No thank you.

According to Disney they don't oversell. They just put out a $400 ticket that allows any one including locals to attend ALL the party dates!!! All reports are this is worse as far as crowds go than other years!!
I guess if there’s room to stand, there’s room for people?

From the many FB groups I’m in reports have not been good. The majority of people are saying the parties seem much more crowded than years past and they are attributing it to the unlimited access ticket. A lot of negative chatter.

Now, keep in mind people are more prone to complain than praise and obviously none of these folks have access to hard numbers data so take that with a grain of salt.

I for one think Disney is overselling the events now and will be rethinking dropping $100ish for a decline in my perceived value. Party crowds are not at all the same as After Hours crowds.
For now at least 😏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!