MM at TL Issues...MS and IT at their finest

I've now been on the phone, mostly on hold, for over an hour with MS. I cannot book MM at TL online. First, I was told to keep trying. I rejected that as I had been trying for 5 minutes over and over with no success. I have since been trying, and it isn't working. Then, I was told it is because I am staying on ineligible resale points. I explained that I am an eligible member with another contract, and how I am staying onsite should have no bearing on this. There are people staying on cash reservations aka no points at all, and they can book. I am now on hold for a supervisor...for over 30 minutes. This is just infuriating. Why is everything so difficult with them? Yes, I bought some resale points post 2016. Who cares?!? I am still an eligible member with my other contract! The fact that she had such an attitude about my resale points really pissed me off.

I’m just thinking about all this again. Your comment about members on a cash reservation brought up a thought/question. Do you recall what the online registration form asks for in terms of member number and/or reservation number? For example, if I held a cash reservation and entered my “eligible” membership number I assume I could register and perhaps the system would want my cash reservation number to verify eligibility for the on property reservation window? If so, how would it be different if I entered my eligible membership number and then my reservation number from a points stay using my non-eligible membership? Or does the system circle back on that and recognize the “source contract/membership” of the points and therefore deny the registration? I guess if it were as simple as “always enter you eligible membership number” we would all know that by now, but still I wondered.

Last edited:
I’m just thinking about all this again. Your comment about members on a cash reservation brought up a thought/question. Do you recall what the online registration form asks for in terms of member number and/or reservation number? For example, if I held a cash reservation and entered my “eligible” membership number I assume I could register and perhaps the system would want my cash reservation number to verify eligibility for the on property reservation window? If so, how would it be different if I entered my eligible membership number and then my reservation number from a points stay using my non-eligible membership? Or does the system circle back on that and recognize the “source contract/membership” of the points and therefore deny the registration? I guess if it were as simple as “always enter you eligible membership number” we would all know that by now, but still I wondered.

You enter your “eligible membership number” and your confirmation number for your reservation. I talked with MS this morning, and she told me she was going to look into all of this and call me back. She called back maybe 10 minutes later to tell me that people with cash reservations had issues too, they are aware of the issue and hope to have it fixed by Epcot MM booking but can’t guarantee it. She said she is sending this “up the chain” as well because apparently it was a disaster there Thursday with all the issues people were having and all the calls. I’ll remain skeptical that they’ll fix this issue with any type of non-eligible points reservations.

You enter your “eligible membership number” and your confirmation number for your reservation. I talked with MS this morning, and she told me she was going to look into all of this and call me back. She called back maybe 10 minutes later to tell me that people with cash reservations had issues too, they are aware of the issue and hope to have it fixed by Epcot MM booking but can’t guarantee it. She said she is sending this “up the chain” as well because apparently it was a disaster there Thursday with all the issues people were having and all the calls. I’ll remain skeptical that they’ll fix this issue with any type of non-eligible points reservations.

Ok thanks! I'll report back for Epcot booking. We had no issues with AK but we had the stay booked under the eligible membership number.

I forgot to add that she did think there were some spots that would be available on May 3rd. I think she said they were holding spots open because of cancellations until the 3rd when they’d release them. Don’t quote me on the last part as my phone service was a little spotty. ;)

I have booked 3 different events in the past year. All were difficult, involving hours on hold, lots of frustration, had to meet with a MS rep during the annual meeting to sort out one of them. But with persistence I was able to get all of us in to each event and they were absolutely worth the wait! This is one of the few benefits we've been able to use and we thoroughly enjoyed them. Don't give up. Good luck!
We have never had problems before this event. I spent no time in booking the first two. So, maybe we were lucky.

I am very skeptical that they will have this fixed for the Epcot one considering that I had this issue with a cash reservation for the MK MM this year and this issue with a points reservation using my non-eligible points even though we have an eligible contract as well for the AK MM, thankfully each time I just called in and MS booked it for me easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter