MM at TL Issues...MS and IT at their finest

TexasChick123

Always Dreaming of Our Next Vacation
DVC Silver
I've now been on the phone, mostly on hold, for over an hour with MS. I cannot book MM at TL online. First, I was told to keep trying. I rejected that as I had been trying for 5 minutes over and over with no success. I have since been trying, and it isn't working. Then, I was told it is because I am staying on ineligible resale points. I explained that I am an eligible member with another contract, and how I am staying onsite should have no bearing on this. There are people staying on cash reservations aka no points at all, and they can book. I am now on hold for a supervisor...for over 30 minutes. This is just infuriating. Why is everything so difficult with them? Yes, I bought some resale points post 2016. Who cares?!? I am still an eligible member with my other contract! The fact that she had such an attitude about my resale points really pissed me off.

Update: I had to call MS to get them to fix it. They have to manually adjust it because I have 2 different membership IDs. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else that is trying.

***I just wanted to add this took about an hour and a half. They were “swamped” with calls with the same issue. Maybe they should fix it. Just a thought!!!

Last edited:
At least you got through. June 11 is already sold out.

Wow! That’s insane. Do they open more spots at 30 days? Or is this a “once it is sold out, that’s it” type situation?

MS said to check again on May 3rd when it opens to members without resort reservations.

Disney/DVC IT is a joke. Yesterday trying to book a reservation online got an "unexpected error" message. Called MS 18 minute wait, got disconnected, called back, 14 minute hold, MS tells me that they can see the reservation. Waste of time. Received online check in email notice this morning for Aulani, for a canceled reservation! Tried to do online check in for correct reservation, entered information and received "services unavailable". Verified reservation, all looks good.

:earsboy: Bill

They really need to figure all this IT stuff out. It is 2018. They’re one of the largest companies in the world. It’s time to stop acting like they can’t afford good IT. They can afford just about anything.

***I just wanted to add this took about an hour and a half. They swamped with calls with the same issue. Maybe they should fix it. Just a thought!!!

I doubt they were swamped with calls over that one particular issue. It's a relatively obscure problem. The issue is that the master membership number was intended to be one per owner. But with some people acquiring multiple resale contracts with different Use Years, some owners now have more than one member ID.

The issue is that your benefits are linked to one member ID while your trip is booked under the other member ID. There's nothing in the system to currently tie those two ownerships together. And frankly the problem impacts such a small number of owners--and only for these Moonlight Magic bookings--that I doubt it will receive attention anytime soon.

The more widespread issue had to do with the servers having inadequate resources to deal with registration demand right at 9am. Even that seemed to clear up within the hour.

I doubt they were swamped with calls over that one particular issue. It's a relatively obscure problem. The issue is that the master membership number was intended to be one per owner. But with some people acquiring multiple resale contracts with different Use Years, some owners now have more than one member ID.

The issue is that your benefits are linked to one member ID while your trip is booked under the other member ID. There's nothing in the system to currently tie those two ownerships together. And frankly the problem impacts such a small number of owners--and only for these Moonlight Magic bookings--that I doubt it will receive attention anytime soon.

The more widespread issue had to do with the servers having inadequate resources to deal with registration demand right at 9am. Even that seemed to clear up within the hour.

I was quoting what the CM at MS told me about being “swamped”. Actually, anyone who owns any points purchased after April 2016 and also has any other eligible contract is affected. When I log into the member website, both membership numbers are there, so they can link them based on my email. There are more people who have added on with different UYs post 2016 than you think. Bottom line, it shouldn’t happen, and I shouldn’t have had to spend 1.5 hours on the phone getting it figured out.

Actually, anyone who owns any points purchased after April 2016 and also has any other eligible contract is affected.

Only if the two contracts are under different membership numbers. Many people have resale + direct points under the same membership.

And it only impacts Moonlight Magic bookings.

And only if the trip is booked under one membership and the benefits are under another.

I don't have first hand knowledge of DVC's systems but I've spent 20 years working with relational databases. The master member ID is almost certainly the "key value" in DVC's system--the one unique element which ties everything together. Email addresses aren't suitable for use in that role. In order to link multiple master IDs, they would probably have to reconfigure the entire system to introduce ANOTHER key value. Then every user/contract must be converted over to the new key, including establishing links between all master memberships which have common ownership. It's an enormous task to fix a relatively obscure problem which only seems to manifest during these MM bookings. I really wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix.

I was quoting what the CM at MS told me about being “swamped”. Actually, anyone who owns any points purchased after April 2016 and also has any other eligible contract is affected. When I log into the member website, both membership numbers are there, so they can link them based on my email. There are more people who have added on with different UYs post 2016 than you think. Bottom line, it shouldn’t happen, and I shouldn’t have had to spend 1.5 hours on the phone getting it figured out.
Well, we will be in this boat when the booking for the July Epcot MM opens up. Pretty sure our stay is booked with the “ineligible” contract. So, bypass the website and just call?

Well, we will be in this boat when the booking for the July Epcot MM opens up. Pretty sure our stay is booked with the “ineligible” contract. So, bypass the website and just call?

Correct. You can always try the web...but don't be shocked when it doesn't work. Maybe just place the phone call at 9am to try and beat the rush.

I don't have first hand knowledge of DVC's systems but I've spent 20 years working with relational databases. The master member ID is almost certainly the "key value" in DVC's system--the one unique element which ties everything together. Email addresses aren't suitable for use in that role. In order to link multiple master IDs, they would probably have to reconfigure the entire system to introduce ANOTHER key value. Then every user/contract must be converted over to the new key, including establishing links between all master memberships which have common ownership. It's an enormous task to fix a relatively obscure problem which only seems to manifest during these MM bookings. I really wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a fix.

Good to know.

You can always call while trying to do it online. If it doesn't work, then you will already be going through the steps to talk to someone. Don't be surprised if they tell you to just keep trying, and it will eventually work which isn't true. They will have to manually change something in the system. Push back if you are told this.

You can always call while trying to do it online. If it doesn't work, then you will already be going through the steps to talk to someone. Don't be surprised if they tell you to just keep trying, and it will eventually work which isn't true. They will have to manually change something in the system. Push back if you are told this.
Thanks!

Ugh, looks just like when I booked in February. I called MS today for a different reason and there was an announcement saying the Event for TL was sold out. I will be booking the studio one, so I’m sure it will be a horrible experience.

I have booked 3 different events in the past year. All were difficult, involving hours on hold, lots of frustration, had to meet with a MS rep during the annual meeting to sort out one of them. But with persistence I was able to get all of us in to each event and they were absolutely worth the wait! This is one of the few benefits we've been able to use and we thoroughly enjoyed them. Don't give up. Good luck!

We are booked on our good points, but I forgot to book till I got home from work Thursday and nothing. bad news is we have a party of 10 and and I planned on doing this for both groups. I have to hope we can get one party booked on May 3rd. Anyone know why this one went so quickly? TL occupancy way less than a theme park? If so, why do it in peak season at a water park and not HS or EP, or even AK.

We have done the AK and MK so far this year (and we live in Kansas!), but I never thought it would sell out in a day.

We are booked on our good points, but I forgot to book till I got home from work Thursday and nothing. bad news is we have a party of 10 and and I planned on doing this for both groups. I have to hope we can get one party booked on May 3rd. Anyone know why this one went so quickly? TL occupancy way less than a theme park? If so, why do it in peak season at a water park and not HS or EP, or even AK.

Hopefully, they reserved some spots that will open on May 3rd. Maybe call MS and ask if you are concerned. Also, people do cancel. We are still over 30 days out from both dates, so people may still cancel and get a full refund for cash rooms or full points refund. I almost said “screw it, I’ll deal with it tomorrow” because of the long hold times. Then, I realized I didn’t have time on Friday, so I was very close to being in the same boat as you. Sorry, and good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter