MK Walk Around the World commemorative bricks ending

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I looked and saw a similar thread on the News and Rumors board. I know many people do not visit there and only visit here on the cb or several of the various planning boards and would otherwise miss this.

If you have one, or maybe more, the bricks will be gone in the coming months. You can buy a replica. If you do not have one, you can buy one, at a higher cost. All explained in the links below. Just an FYI.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/walk-arou...s-near-magic-kingdom-to-be-removed-in-phases/

https://wdwnt.com/2019/03/walt-disn...open-at-disney-springs-and-the-magic-kingdom/

I read this on facebook. Our brick is at Disneyland and I hope that it remains for quite some time. Good to know that WDW is offering a replica brick though, as they are certainly nice to look at.

LOOKING at our replica brick DD and DS got us (DW and myself) for our 50th birthday's in 2000. No problem with the removal of the bricks at all. Time marches on.

.............If you have one, or maybe more, the bricks will be gone in the coming months. You can buy a replica. If you do not have one, you can buy one, at a higher cost. All explained in the links below. Just an FYI.....................[/QUOTE]

I read this on facebook. Our brick is at Disneyland and I hope that it remains for quite some time. Good to know that WDW is offering a replica brick though, as they are certainly nice to look at.

Last edited:

Hi Dan! I haven’t forgotten you. I’m deep into my trip planning and packing obsession, as I tend to do. Soon!! :)

We have a brick and we...all of us (kids responded immediately and sadly when I told them)...hate to see it go. We tried to visit it and get a picture every time we were there all together, and DD and her DH would send us pictures when they went. But it was never meant to be permanent, and that was clearly stated in our contract. It is what it is.

Lots of people are up in arms about it online, but again, clearly stated in the contract, and we all got an extra 8 years out of it. We were one of the last ones to get one, through someone on the DIS.

I don’t like the”replica”. They don’t actually look very much like the originals. So I’m glad that when we ordered the brick all those years ago, we also got a wood version of it, with a stand or to hang on the wall, which does look exactly like the one at Disneyworld.

I remember in the early days of the Dis some folks would have a signature along the lines of "Visit my brick #18549" :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!