MK to Ohana

Giz1026

Mouseketeer
Hi, how much time should I allot to travel between MK and Ohana? I managed to snag a reservation at 1145 am and wasn't sure how much park time we would be missing out on.

Thanks!

Depends on if you take the monorail or boat and how long the waiting line is. At that time of the morning, i wouldn't expect either line to be too long.
I would plan at least 30 minutes incase there are more people waiting than expected. The ride either way should be about 15 minutes.
If you haven't done the boat, i would take it at least one way.

Allow a minimum if 60 minutes. I know it’s right there, but if you miss the boat or monorail you have 20 minutes to wait. Then you have to get there.

I would take the boat, I like them best

With all the options I would be comfortable with 30 minutes. You have the resort launch, the resort monorail and the express monorail with less than a 10 minute walk from the TTC to the Poly.

I would aim to be at the MK exit gates 45 minutes before your reservation. You can either take the monorail or boat. The monorail ride will be about 15 minutes. (Going back, it's maybe 5 minutes.)

This is assuming there are no transportation delays that day.

I agree with "Pumbaa (Moderator)". We allow at least 60 min whenever we travel anywhere on Disney property. We always plan for any kind of unexpected delays.

Remember it is 45-60 minutes each way, plus the amount of time it takes to eat. It is a significant amount of time from Park Touring

Yup.

Overall park touring time lost? I'd say 2.5 hours minimum if you desire to see all the characters. 'Ohana regularly runs behind on ADRs in the range of 20-30 minutes.

I agree with the other posters who say you need to give yourself 30-45 mins to get to your reservation. I would do 30 mins if you are already outside of MK and waiting for your preferred mode of transportation. As far as time out of park touring, it will be at least 2.5 to 3 hours. If you take 60 mins for total transportation and 90 mins for your meal and then the wait to be seated which is probably 15- 30 mins, that totals over 2.5 hours. Hope you have fun even though it will eat a big chunk out of your MK day.::yes::

This is a link to a full ride on the Resort Monorail from the TTC to the TTC. The trip took ≈13.5 minutes from start to finish. The trip from MK to the Poly is about six minutes.

However, this was first thing in the morning, under ideal conditions, no ECVs loading, and no more than about a dozen people getting on/off at each stop. That six minutes could easily double or even triple depending on how many are getting on/off at each stop.

IMHO, allowing 45 minutes should cover the worst travel times from MK via monorail or the ferries.

Mike

Hi, how much time should I allot to travel between MK and Ohana? I managed to snag a reservation at 1145 am and wasn't sure how much park time we would be missing out on.

Thanks!
From the front gate the resort yacht should be running from MK to GF to PR. I start you from the front gate as Disney World is large. Every step adds up. Disney states they want you there 15 minutes prior to your ADR which makes it 1130. Subtract another 20 minutes of yacht start and stopping (loading and uploading at MK and GF) from MK to PR you might consider being at the front gate around 11:10am.

Thank you all for the replies! We will try for the boat, that sounds like a nice option.

3 hours away from MK doesn't sound ideal. In all of our trips my dd has not been able to meet Stitch (her favorite character) so unfortunately unless I can get a much earlier time we are stuck. I'm looking it as an early RD day and using the time as a midday break.

Does Stitch not still do a meet and greet @ COP? We've never experienced much of a line at all meeting Stitch there at Tomorrowland. He's the only character my son has any interest at all in meeting...other than the unique ones you can meet at parties, like Jack Skellington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter