MK Strategy w/ Tony's ADR before fireworks.

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
I currently have a 6:00 ADR at Tony’s (please don’t question my sanity…I know it gets bad reviews, but recent ones have been favorable). Thinking we could eat then step out and watch the fireworks at 8:00 (visiting in Jan). I’m now questioning whether this is the best plan. This will be our 3rd and final day at MK. We will have already watched the fireworks w/ a dessert party. And will have also “watched” them while dining at CRT.

Questions:

Will Main Street already be starting to fill up with people by the time we’re finished eating (maybe around 7:30)?

If our view is from Main Street is it even worth watching it a second time? I’m thinking our time might be spent doing something else (extra rides, going to Disney Springs, hop over to the Poly to watch the Electric Water Pageant).

If we pushed our ADR back to 7:30 to give us more time to do rides will we have a difficult time getting to our ADR (because of people lining up to watch the fireworks)?

If it were me, I’d take advantage of short lines during the fireworks. You’ll have a great view at the dessert party.And riding BTM during the fireworks is amazing. I did the Tonys parade package last year and I loved it. The parade view was great and the food was good. I went into it not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. And I love Lady and the Tramp, so I love the atmosphere.

I'm not judging your sanity (we've never had a terrible meal at Tony's), but if you'd like to take advantage of shorter ride times during the fireworks, consider moving your ADR to Skipper's or LTT so you won't have to contend with fireworks crowds when leaving Tony's and heading back up Main St. If you'd like to leave the park afterward, Tony's is a perfect spot to exit quickly. My vote would be to do something you haven't done yet (more rides, DS or Poly) as you will have already had a great view of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter