MK or AK EMH and hop

b5sgqueen

Mouseketeer
Having trouble making the decision and am looking for guidance.
At WDW 3/1-3/6.
My plan for 3/2 is to RD HS for EMH until around 10-10:30 and then head to AK(this was the only day I can do the FOTL Tiffins dinning package).
My FP are for Dinosaur, Safaris, and River Journey. I also get another safari with the package and can ride EE in single(as I will be by myself). If I can pull a FP for FOP during one of the drops, great. If not, I'm ok with that as I am worried about motion sickness and I refuse to wait a long time for a ride.

AK has EMH on 3/3 and I was planning to rope drop and then hop, but I'm wondering if I will have hit pretty much everything the day before and it would be wise to RD MK instead. I manged to pull a SDMT FP for the 3rd which is awesome, but I don't know if trying to move from AK to MK would be worth it, especially around 9 or 9:30, putting me in MK around 10-10:30(or later). I want to make sure I have enough time in the MK, but don't want to put myself in a bad position elsewhere and I know EMH is valuable.

Any advice?

I am always partial to having more time at MK since it's my favorite park. I think your AK day on the 2nd sounds better to me especially if you're not into riding FOP. If you do want to give FOP a try, you could always try the end of night strategy and line up for FOP at closing. That's a strategy that's worked for us, less than 30 min at about 5 min to closing. The AK EMH can be a bit hectic. Haven't been back to DHS since November and RD TSL during non EMH. It was intense but we got on SDD after a 30 min wait so not too terribly bad.

Sounds like you are a safari fan?
If you are going solo, I'd assume you'll be able to crush Fastpasses all day long at MK, so I wouldn't worry about not having enough time, really.
I'd just decide how many spins on the safari and ee, and dinosaur you'd like. During emh, those will be walk-ons while everyone rushes to Pandora. I'd say if you wanna do the non pandora stuff again, go to EMH at AK. You'll be able to crush MK fastpasses all day long when you get there.

Is that your only MK day? If so, I would say skip the second morning at AK and RD MK. Of course, to me, MK is WDW.

Last edited:

If you're doing MK another day, decide which park has attractions you'd most want to experience again. If only doing MK that day, RD that park. I don't know if it would be worth it to me to go to AK for an hour but if you're dying to ride Everest or something again maybe it is. There are definitely more attractions at MK so I'd probably choose two hours there vs 1 or 2 at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter