Are all these people at the Plaza party? Seems like a lot of people. Great, helpful review.

3-jpg.237479

Are all these people at the Plaza party? Seems like a lot of people. Great, helpful review.

Yes, they are. I'm standing towards the west side looking back at pretty much the bulk of the garden area. Not sure the capacity but it can definitely hold a good number of people. It does feel full, but not shoulder-to-shoulder. It's a little tough to see but you can make out how much "clear ground" there is, which I think was roughly 15 minutes to show time if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the note.

Thanks, GADD

Actually, the more I look at my pic you do definitely see some people in the background / on the fringes of my photo that aren't necessarily in the dessert party viewing area. It's a tough angle in that respect.

Thank you for posting. Have booked for my Sept trip and you review confirms my decision to keep the reservation. Am super excited !!!

So many dessert parties, so little time. Keeping my fingers crossed that October dates open up soon.

Last edited:
Edited because I wrote my whole post based on the fact that I booked terrace view when I booked plaza. I'm curious whether MIL could stay at the dessert party and enjoy a chair rather than heading over to the plaza? Or do they kick you out?

Last edited:
I have the terrace view booked for the end of June, and I'd love to see some more pics from that perspective. We did the plaza view fastpasses for Wishes the last time we went (2 years ago, I think?) and were disappointed by the light posts and other objects and people obscuring our view. MIL is short, and DS is, too, of course, so they had trouble finding a good spot. Hopefully the seats at Tomorrowland will be a welcome break and the angle won't be weird, since it's the only night we'll get to see it.
With Plaza view now there are CM's that make anyone dawdling in front of the viewing area keep moving.

I bit the bullet and booked a plaza view on 6/2 thanks to this review. Just wanted to verify - is it okay to show up at the dessert party closer to 8:15? seems like 7:45 is a bit early, and I'd rather have the flexibility to grab one more ride before heading over there. Either way, not having to worry about staking a spot out super early will be a definite plus.

You can go in whenever you want. It's just a matter of how much time you want to enjoy the desserts. Totally up to you.

Thank you so much for such a detailed review. I have Asperger's and was kind of dreading the new fireworks show. I get anxious and panick a bit if I'm crammed in with people. We usually watched Wishes from Fantasyland and that was great. With the new show I knew we'd have to be in front of the castle to see all the projections and I was really worried about having a meltdown. I knew about the dessert party but didn't really consider it because new/unknown things cause me great anxiety. None of the other reviews I read gave enough details for me to feel comfortable that I would know EXACTLY what goes on. I need to visualize things in my head before I do them so I can know what to do and how to act.
After reading your review I went ahead and booked this for my September trip. It actually made me a little tear-eyed knowing i can't just enjoy the fireworks without the risk of a crowd-induced meltdown. Reviews like yours make it possible for people like me to be able to have successful trips to Disney World. I love fireworks and I can't express how much this means to me. From the bottom of my heart thank you.

Thank you so much for such a detailed review. I have Asperger's and was kind of dreading the new fireworks show. I get anxious and panick a bit if I'm crammed in with people. We usually watched Wishes from Fantasyland and that was great. With the new show I knew we'd have to be in front of the castle to see all the projections and I was really worried about having a meltdown. I knew about the dessert party but didn't really consider it because new/unknown things cause me great anxiety. None of the other reviews I read gave enough details for me to feel comfortable that I would know EXACTLY what goes on. I need to visualize things in my head before I do them so I can know what to do and how to act.
After reading your review I went ahead and booked this for my September trip. It actually made me a little tear-eyed knowing i can't just enjoy the fireworks without the risk of a crowd-induced meltdown. Reviews like yours make it possible for people like me to be able to have successful trips to Disney World. I love fireworks and I can't express how much this means to me. From the bottom of my heart thank you.
This says it all. Great!!! :hug:'s :thumbsup2 Hope you have a great time.

Thank you again for this review. Thanks to your information, I was able to talk my husband into this one for our October trip. Hoping they are released soon so I can get this one booked!

I just booked the dessert party for our trip on August 1. We normally don't stay for fireworks because I hate crowds. My teenage son is very excited about the desserts!

This is exactly why I'd do this dessert party with my husband and step-son. My step-son has autism, high functioning, but crowds and waiting for long periods can be a problem. To avoid any issues, I'd do this party and the Star Wars dessert party in a heartbeat with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!