Just popping in to say to anyone thinking about it, the dessert parties are definitely a good choice to consider. For me, the only downside is the cost. We did the Wishes garden view on 5/7 as our goodbye to the show and it was great! We had a bad experience in the hub a few years ago with rude people coming to stand in front of us just as the show started and wanted to make our last Wishes special.
We enjoyed all the desserts and there was also fruit and cheese. I find it interesting that some of the desserts in the pictures changed a little in just a few weeks, but maybe because it's a new show? We didn't go to the viewing area until maybe 5-10 minutes prior to showtime. We were able to sit for the entire show which was so nice. I guess that depends on the crowds and weather though. Don't know if projections for HEA make it better to stand now.
IMG_3257.JPG
We sat towards to the back of the viewing area and had a great view IMO
IMG_3313.JPG

ETA:
In case anyone is wondering, you can leave the tomorrowland terrace area after being checked in since they give out wristbands to identify you. After checking in, I left to ride SM with a FP and had no trouble getting back in. Also, the bathroom right outside towards the plaza restaurant is a better option than the one in tomorrowland terrace

Last edited:
Were you allowed to take any of the desserts to the viewing area with you, to enjoy with your to-go cup of coffee? I think I'll be booking this for our upcoming trip!

Not sure about taking desserts with you. It's not really setup for that. But it wouldn't surprise me if some crafty folks with bags make a little 'stash' for later. :-)

Just popping in to say to anyone thinking about it, the dessert parties are definitely a good choice to consider. For me, the only downside is the cost. We did the Wishes garden view on 5/7 as our goodbye to the show and it was great! We had a bad experience in the hub a few years ago with rude people coming to stand in front of us just as the show started and wanted to make our last Wishes special.
We enjoyed all the desserts and there was also fruit and cheese. I find it interesting that some of the desserts in the pictures changed a little in just a few weeks, but maybe because it's a new show? We didn't go to the viewing area until maybe 5-10 minutes prior to showtime. We were able to sit for the entire show which was so nice. I guess that depends on the crowds and weather though. Don't know if projections for HEA make it better to stand now.
View attachment 238026
We sat towards to the back of the viewing area and had a great view IMO
View attachment 238027

ETA:
In case anyone is wondering, you can leave the tomorrowland terrace area after being checked in since they give out wristbands to identify you. After checking in, I left to ride SM with a FP and had no trouble getting back in. Also, the bathroom right outside towards the plaza restaurant is a better option than the one in tomorrowland terrace
The price was the only thing holding me back but after thinking about it and knowing we most likely won't be back for 2 years I decided it was well worth it. We will also have my mom with us who is almost 77 and has some mobility issues so not having to fight for a spot and just being able to relax and enjoy the experience is more the worth it!!

Contact Disney about your food issues. They worked with my mom, who is diabetic (she still wanted to do the dessert party). There was definitely fruit in February, and they had a sugar free sorbet that was awesome, and my mom ate a lot of cheese. She also ate a couple of desserts after I recommended a couple after taste testing.

How did you contact them? For dining I put a note in my reservations, but that wasn't an option for the dessert party. Did you have to call?

How did you contact them? For dining I put a note in my reservations, but that wasn't an option for the dessert party. Did you have to call?

They should be able to help you out. I'd also contact them the day of the dessert party as well. We had a little bit of confusion, but it got straightened out, but we had to wait a little longer for the sugar free dessert.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but is it possible that this event has already sold out for October? The dates are showing up but it comes up with no availability. I looked at many other dates even as close as a few weeks from now and through the crowded summer months and there is availability so it seemed odd that October is already sold out.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered somewhere else, but is it possible that this event has already sold out for October? The dates are showing up but it comes up with no availability. I looked at many other dates even as close as a few weeks from now and through the crowded summer months and there is availability so it seemed odd that October is already sold out.
Same for us- our whole 2 weeks in October shows zero availability, but there are openings right up to that point...

Same for us- our whole 2 weeks in October shows zero availability, but there are openings right up to that point...
I'm fairly certain they just haven't loaded those into the system yet. Keep watching.

October is full of MNSSHP's, that may be having some influence. I'm not sure if they have the same dessert party offering during those nights or not?

Also, I've read that if dessert party times/dates aren't showing up, it is likely that the fireworks time for that date has not been fully determined. Not sure if that is accurate or not, but could explain the seemingly late loading of ADR slots for this. Again, not 100% certain that is accurate, just something I read on here.

Thanks for the great reviews @GADisneyDad14. I have booked this for July 5 to watch my first showing of HEA. I have never done one of the dessert parties but I think it will be fun. Last fall when I was there I was able to sit in the grassy area and it was great for both the projection show and Hallowishes. That is it was great until time to stand up again! lol!

EDIT: Oh, and I am another who would love it if they had some savory offerings. Just a big ol' tray of Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets would be awesome!!

How do I book for July 3rd? Nothing's available for the regular party. Is there a special, even more money, version?

How do I book for July 3rd? Nothing's available for the regular party. Is there a special, even more money, version?

They do the special July 4th fireworks on the 3rd too. I don't know this for sure but I suspect if it's not showing up on the website there might not be a dessert party that night. But I'm merely guessing there, so could be wrong.

They do the special July 4th fireworks on the 3rd too. I don't know this for sure but I suspect if it's not showing up on the website there might not be a dessert party that night. But I'm merely guessing there, so could be wrong.

Yes. The same holiday show on the 3rd and 4th. Just wanted to see it on the 3rd and do Illums on the 4th. There are no times yet for fireworks on the 3rd so maybe they are holding off on selling parties?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter