I meant before the show. If it doesn’t work I have no problem moving or asking those people to move.

I’ve done this party 3 times. I’ve never witnessed shoulder kids or any rudeness in the garden. Most people are very courteous.
My issue with kids on shoulders is that they usually don't go up until the show starts (kids are heavy don't you know). If they put them up earlier, I could adjust and find another spot. Usually by show time it's too late to move much.

I meant before the show. If it doesn’t work I have no problem moving or asking those people to move.

I’ve done this party 3 times. I’ve never witnessed shoulder kids or any rudeness in the garden. Most people are very courteous.
We have done the dessert parties a dozen times and I never experienced it either until this last trip. One rude person does it and it’s like a green light for everyone to do it. And everyone of them waited until the second the show started to do it. I suspect if they’re so rude as to do it in the first place, confronting them won’t do much but maybe get you into an argument.

Unlike general viewing, this is a small space. It would not be difficult at all for them to police the area and have a no shoulder, no recording policy. For what it costs, people ought to be guaranteed a decent view. But they choose not to, so we’ll do terrace next time.

The only positive is that it was possible to move and step right in front of the ones blocking us. Normally, I’d never do that once the program started, but if they’re going to be that rude, I’m not going to have it ruin our viewing.

We have done the dessert parties a dozen times and I never experienced it either until this last trip. One rude person does it and it’s like a green light for everyone to do it. And everyone of them waited until the second the show started to do it. I suspect if they’re so rude as to do it in the first place, confronting them won’t do much but maybe get you into an argument.

Unlike general viewing, this is a small space. It would not be difficult at all for them to police the area and have a no shoulder, no recording policy. For what it costs, people ought to be guaranteed a decent view. But they choose not to, so we’ll do terrace next time.

The only positive is that it was possible to move and step right in front of the ones blocking us. Normally, I’d never do that once the program started, but if they’re going to be that rude, I’m not going to have it ruin our viewing.

I feel like I should have booked terrace for July 4th. I totally forgot it’s not projection heavy.

Oh well the garden is better than the hub lol!

The giant iPad are the only recording that I truly find annoying bc I know it’s impossible to avoid people recording on their phones. I don’t get though why anyone would want to hold up a huge heavy iPad though

I think it’s beyond silly to record it at all. There are so many amazing videos on YouTube already. I always snap a picture during the finale, but recording it? No.

Really wishing I had booked this for July 3rd! What was I thinking?! Has anyone seen availability open up around the cancellation window? Crossing my fingers, and checking the website frequently.

I wonder if it would help to send an e-mail to Guest Services re: kids on shoulders? I mean, it can’t hurt. I do really wish WDW would encourage courteous-ness more (not that they should HAVE to). For example, as guests check in to the Dessert Party, the CM could say, “As a courtesy to other guests, we ask that you not record on a tablet (or phone) or place children on your shoulders.” Just those two things alone would go a long way towards a better viewing experience for everyone!

When my kids were little (but too big to be picked up and held) and couldn’t see, we placed them piggy-back on us. They basically got the same vantage point as us (so didn’t block others any more than we did) and it’s a LOT easier on the shoulders!

I wonder if it would help to send an e-mail to Guest Services re: kids on shoulders? I mean, it can’t hurt. I do really wish WDW would encourage courteous-ness more (not that they should HAVE to). For example, as guests check in to the Dessert Party, the CM could say, “As a courtesy to other guests, we ask that you not record on a tablet (or phone) or place children on your shoulders.” Just those two things alone would go a long way towards a better viewing experience for everyone!

When my kids were little (but too big to be picked up and held) and couldn’t see, we placed them piggy-back on us. They basically got the same vantage point as us (so didn’t block others any more than we did) and it’s a LOT easier on the shoulders!
It never hurts to reach out and politiely voice your concerns. Especially when you mention that you pay money and it is not a value for guests to pay when the view is obstructed.

I feel like I should have booked terrace for July 4th. I totally forgot it’s not projection heavy.

Oh well the garden is better than the hub lol!

FWIW, in my humble opinion the 180 degree 7/4 fireworks are much better viewed from the garden than the terrace. You see some from the terrace, but the better effect is in the Hub.

Now, if it rains like last year, you'll wish you'd booked the terrace. 8-)

FWIW, in my humble opinion the 180 degree 7/4 fireworks are much better viewed from the garden than the terrace. You see some from the terrace, but the better effect is in the Hub.

Now, if it rains like last year, you'll wish you'd booked the terrace. 8-)

My husband did bring up the 180. And no no no rain. I remember waiting for the live stream for ages last year!

My husband did bring up the 180. And no no no rain. I remember waiting for the live stream for ages last year!

Yeah, because impending doom was rolling over WDW. Good times!

Actually, I bet the garden dessert eating area was better as the terrace would not have fared well the way this one had blowing rain. The terrace is a bit exposed if it’s really blowing.

IMG_2857.jpg

The giant iPad are the only recording that I truly find annoying bc I know it’s impossible to avoid people recording on their phones. I don’t get though why anyone would want to hold up a huge heavy iPad though
I've never understood the pad people. I am sure they all also have a phone and a phone camera takes MUCH better pictures and video than any tablet does, if they need a video or pictures of the show. And carrying a tablet around all day...... :faint:

Does anyone know if the Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace is available to book yet. I have been trying to book for 12/19 and I am only seeing parties up to 11/22 available for booking.

Does anyone know if the Holiday Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace is available to book yet. I have been trying to book for 12/19 and I am only seeing parties up to 11/22 available for booking.

Yes, it’s bookable here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/

But like the regular dessert party, they’re added on a rolling 180 day (and +10 if eligible) basis, so you need a few weeks before it’ll open.

Hope that helps.

Just booked this today for July 3rd Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace. I have been checking for weeks. :yay:

We saw it from the terrace last year on that date. Worth every penny. Just seeing the crowds in front of the castle from up there I will make you glad you did it. Plus they had the table set so pretty and red white and blue desserts (some). It was so nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts