The front rail is fine, but those spots tend to get picked off early. There is a walkway in front of that rail, as I recall. And the view is excellent, but I'm not sure it's that much better than anywhere else. I've never had a problem seeing the lower projections and we usually stand toward the back. I just maneuver a little until I can see between the people. I think people like the back rail because it tends to be more available, and you can lean on it.

I am wondering the same thing. I know that people say if you are along the back rail, you will have extra space because those in front of you tend to stand up and move forward. But what about the front rail? Isn't there a walkway in front of it? So, wouldn't you also have a good view here? And you are closer also. Does that matter?
I believe the idea is that the Hub actually has a neglible slope to it so that the optimal location to view the castle and fireworks is actually at the intersection where Main Street meets the Hub. So, the left back rail gets you closest to that spot

They do not provide to-go boxes because you're not supposed to take things to-go.
This is the first time that I have heard they are discouraging/not offering to go boxes. So lets be nice to the previous poster, and all of the many many others who have taken desserts to go. I guess I just have to allow my boys to all eat til they barf! Please people dont lecture me, Im joking...kind of.

This is the first time that I have heard they are discouraging/not offering to go boxes. So lets be nice to the previous poster, and all of the many many others who have taken desserts to go. I guess I just have to allow my boys to all eat til they barf! Please people dont lecture me, Im joking...kind of.

If they don’t complain of a stomach ache, they haven’t eaten enough! We’re skipping dinner just to be on our game.:)

Btw, nothing stops you from getting a selection of desserts and putting them in a container at your table. They really don’t care. Anything out on the buffet has to be thrown away anyway. It may be that they aren’t giving out to go containers simply because it got to be a pain to deal with. That doesn’t mean they care if you take a few with you.

So...how far in advance do you have to book this? Could I theoretically book it that day? Or could I book the After party say an hour before the fireworks start?

So...how far in advance do you have to book this? Could I theoretically book it that day? Or could I book the After party say an hour before the fireworks start?

They book pretty far in advance. I doubt seriously you’d be able to book anything close to day of especially since the cancellation window would be closed at that point.

I believe the idea is that the Hub actually has a neglible slope to it so that the optimal location to view the castle and fireworks is actually at the intersection where Main Street meets the Hub. So, the left back rail gets you closest to that spot
Exactly. The front is actually more crowded as well so you kind of end up pinned between the people behind you an the rail. Usually, the back is pretty wide open and alot less crowded.

They do not provide to-go boxes because you're not supposed to take things to-go.
It’s been a year, so things may have changed, but staff actively encouraged us to take food to go without us even asking about it. They did not have containers, although they checked for us just in case, but said we were welcome to use our own bag (I tend to carry a few in case of...kids, etc.).

It’s been a year, so things may have changed, but staff actively encouraged us to take food to go without us even asking about it. They did not have containers, although they checked for us just in case, but said we were welcome to use our own bag (I tend to carry a few in case of...kids, etc.).
Yeah, December 2017 we brought a few little paper togo boxes/gift boxes, like the kind you get at a craft store to give Christmas cookies as gifts. It was great because they folded flat, and when we were done with them we could just throw them away. Hoping things haven't changed, as my kids enjoyed having macarons to snack on later in the evening. :)

We went last week to the after fireworks party and my daughter absolutely loved it. We did hang on the back rail but we still missed the lowest of the projections. Why is the front rail not recommended?

I am wondering the same thing. I know that people say if you are along the back rail, you will have extra space because those in front of you tend to stand up and move forward. But what about the front rail? Isn't there a walkway in front of it? So, wouldn't you also have a good view here? And you are closer also. Does that matter?

We've done the "before" party several times. We stand at the front rail but frankly I get completely distracted by the people who stand in the walkway right in front of you until the CM chases them off. There is a CM who stands in front of the viewing area and keeps the walkway clear of traffic. I am completely mesmerized by the number of people who stop in the middle of the walkway to watch the fireworks. They just stand there, block traffic until the CM asks them to keep moving. Some of them stand right in front of you along the front rail squeezing against the rail making you step back. We are talking DOZENS of people. I am completely amazed by the cluelessness of these people. People have been standing for hours in the area in front, inside the tapes, and they think the fairy godmother opened up a space just for them in the middle of a walkway? People will argue with the CM too. Unfortunately, not all CM's are as quick and the longer they stay the more likely they are to argue. I find it very distracting. They aren't doing it on purpose or planned but it happens.

I am planning on getting to the viewing area just a few minutes before the fireworks. If you get there early and sit, please do not expect the people not to stand in front of you. If you are seated on the grass you will not see. There simply is not enough room for everyone to sit, so people will be standing in front of you.

We've done the "before" party several times. We stand at the front rail but frankly I get completely distracted by the people who stand in the walkway right in front of you until the CM chases them off. There is a CM who stands in front of the viewing area and keeps the walkway clear of traffic. I am completely mesmerized by the number of people who stop in the middle of the walkway to watch the fireworks. They just stand there, block traffic until the CM asks them to keep moving. Some of them stand right in front of you along the front rail squeezing against the rail making you step back. We are talking DOZENS of people. I am completely amazed by the cluelessness of these people. People have been standing for hours in the area in front, inside the tapes, and they think the fairy godmother opened up a space just for them in the middle of a walkway? People will argue with the CM too. Unfortunately, not all CM's are as quick and the longer they stay the more likely they are to argue. I find it very distracting. They aren't doing it on purpose or planned but it happens.

I am planning on getting to the viewing area just a few minutes before the fireworks. If you get there early and sit, please do not expect the people not to stand in front of you. If you are seated on the grass you will not see. There simply is not enough room for everyone to sit, so people will be standing in front of you.

I was against the back rail for the After Fireworks Party in September, and the people would do the same thing in the walkway behind the viewing area. One lady refused to move and started filming the fireworks, and it actually took 3 CMs (including one getting right in front of her phone to stop the recording) to get her to finally move. And then she yelled that she was going to Guest Services to report them. It amazes me how these people think it's the CM's who are being jerks and not themselves lol

Oh my goodness! We must be related somehow. If I am at the front rail, I spend the whole time watching (and sometimes worrying about) the CMs as they deal with the folks who stop in the middle of the walkway. And some of them, when told to move, smoosh themselves forward into the folks who are inside the tapes, and it all just escalates. Back rail or grassy area for me!

Is it possible to book this (after party specifically) with a gift card? I travel in <3 weeks and my parents got me a large gift card for my birthday to cover stuff like food and dessert parties. I tried to make the reservation online and it would only allow me to put in a credit card. If I call can they make a gift card work?

I'm solo and it would let me make a reservation for 49, so i'm guessing it's not going to sell out immediately, but i'd still prefer to have the reservation made soonish.

Is it possible to book this (after party specifically) with a gift card? I travel in <3 weeks and my parents got me a large gift card for my birthday to cover stuff like food and dessert parties. I tried to make the reservation online and it would only allow me to put in a credit card. If I call can they make a gift card work?

I'm solo and it would let me make a reservation for 49, so i'm guessing it's not going to sell out immediately, but i'd still prefer to have the reservation made soonish.
Yes, you have to call to use a gift card.

Thanks for the good tip about this viewing area! My husband came in January for the marathon and said this fireworks show was amazing but the didn’t have a good spot to see the castle. This should be fun in June!

If you do the before party on the Plaza, can you take some the food out into the plaza area to snack on while you wait? Or do they want you to keep the food and drinks inside?

This was our 4th time going to the HEA dessert party on 2/10. The desserts and offerings are seemingly less and less. (I remember huge amounts of fruit, and sweets, including zebra domes!) However, for the great viewing spot without the crowd, it is so worth it. We got our goodies and then went to the area to scope out the back left corner. I was worried someone would have already grabbed it, lol. But no one was there and in fact there didn't seem as many people in the garden as when we went last year. It makes for a delightful way to watch the fireworks without the crazy crowding.

I'm very disappointed to hear that the food offerings are already being reduced. I know people do this for the view and that the food is secondary, but my goodness, at these prices there could be a great dessert buffet! Not gonna kill Disney to bring back what they served in the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!