I have read-through but didn't see an answer to this question. When MK closes at 8 PM AND the fireworks are at 8 PM, would the after party make the most sense? I just checked and it's still available for after. We have the before booked. I would think after would make more sense since we won't be missing any touring time by doing after, but WOULD miss prime touring time doing before since check-in for before is 6:30? Also, it says check-in for after party is 7, but we could theoretically still catch a couple rides after we do the first check-in, right?

You could try to do a couple rides after check in, but it isn't a lot of time, depending on lines for the rides. And crowds in and around the Hub could impede your progress. If having as much touring time as possible is a priority for you, it sounds as if the after party would be your best bet.

You could try to do a couple rides after check in, but it isn't a lot of time, depending on lines for the rides. And crowds in and around the Hub could impede your progress. If having as much touring time as possible is a priority for you, it sounds as if the after party would be your best bet.
Thank you! We are doing the dessert party to end a four park hop, so we'd like to get in a couple rides at MK before checking into the party. It will be a "5" crowd day for MK and the kids were hoping for Splash Mountain and maybe 7 Dwarfs. We will have the DAS for my middle son, so our plan was to check in to 7 Dwarfs, then go ride Splash and come back to ride 7 Dwarfs. If we have to check into the party first, THEN go ride 7 Dwarfs, that would be fine by us.

I have read-through but didn't see an answer to this question. When MK closes at 8 PM AND the fireworks are at 8 PM, would the after party make the most sense? I just checked and it's still available for after. We have the before booked. I would think after would make more sense since we won't be missing any touring time by doing after, but WOULD miss prime touring time doing before since check-in for before is 6:30? Also, it says check-in for after party is 7, but we could theoretically still catch a couple rides after we do the first check-in, right?

FYI, you don’t HAVE to check in at 7pm. We did the After Party a few weeks ago and were doing other things at the check in time (on purpose). We finished what we were doing and rolled over to the Tomorrowland Terrace to check in more like 20 mins before show time. Granted the garden was pretty populated by that point (which I assumed it would be) but one of my personal motivations in booking these things is not wasting too much time waiting around... and for that it worked reasonably well.

FYI, you don’t HAVE to check in at 7pm. We did the After Party a few weeks ago and were doing other things at the check in time (on purpose). We finished what we were doing and rolled over to the Tomorrowland Terrace to check in more like 20 mins before show time. Granted the garden was pretty populated by that point (which I assumed it would be) but one of my personal motivations in booking these things is not wasting too much time waiting around... and for that it worked reasonably well.
Thank you for letting me know! We will likely just finish up our plans first then before checking in, especially since doing the after party means we won't have to rush to shovel food in our faces.

Thank you for letting me know! We will likely just finish up our plans first then before checking in, especially since doing the after party means we won't have to rush to shovel food in our faces.

Yeah, for us it was a trade off. Arriving later means more people in the garden and likely not your pick of spots, but it frees up time to not just sit there and wait. But since I’m generally OK being anywhere in the garden (even though my preference is back left rail), I was reasonably OK coming later. The garden did feel quite full on this night, but when people stood for the show there was a lot more open ground.

Yeah, for us it was a trade off. Arriving later means more people in the garden and likely not your pick of spots, but it frees up time to not just sit there and wait. But since I’m generally OK being anywhere in the garden (even though my preference is back left rail), I was reasonably OK coming later. The garden did feel quite full on this night, but when people stood for the show there was a lot more open ground.
I haven't seen the fireworks in Magic Kingdom in 20 years. When we went in January 2017, we used that time to hit rides instead of stopping to watch the fireworks. In fact, we were coming over Chick-a-Pin hill as the first ones exploded. So really... as long as we get a spot to watch, my kids will be happy.

Thank you this is helpful. I planned this a surprise for my husband and girls (his bday is the day before and he loves sweets).

I guess do we go to TT first or the garden? I didn't really think about that. I need to figure out what I'm gonna tell the family to get them over there without spilling the beans

We'll be there the same night as you, but we're doing the before party instead! I planned this as a surprise for my mom and daughter, so I guess we had the same idea. ;)

I haven't seen the fireworks in Magic Kingdom in 20 years. When we went in January 2017, we used that time to hit rides instead of stopping to watch the fireworks. In fact, we were coming over Chick-a-Pin hill as the first ones exploded. So really... as long as we get a spot to watch, my kids will be happy.

Oh wow. I have no idea what it was like 20 years ago, but you’re in for a treat!

GADisneyDad14, can a short person (5'3) get a good view from the back left rail? Thanks!

GADisneyDad14, can a short person (5'3) get a good view from the back left rail? Thanks!

I’m almost 5’3”, and I was in the back left of the garden when we attended this event. I could see perfectly. When we attended, almost everyone stood up and moved forward. Those of us on the rail stayed put, had tons of room in front of us (this was before double parties were a thing), and had great views.

We're doing the after party next week, and I'm wondering if anyone doing the after party has stayed in the hub to watch OUAT before going over to the party? OUAT is scheduled for 9:45, so we'd get to the after party about 10 pm. I don't want to arrive late and have everything picked over, but I know my kids will want to see the 2nd show.

We're doing the after party next week, and I'm wondering if anyone doing the after party has stayed in the hub to watch OUAT before going over to the party? OUAT is scheduled for 9:45, so we'd get to the after party about 10 pm. I don't want to arrive late and have everything picked over, but I know my kids will want to see the 2nd show.
I’d like to know as well! OUAT schedule hasn’t been posted for our date in Dec, but I have the after party so I’m assuming it will end up being after HEA :) I would love if you can report your experience if you stay in the garden for OUAT and then go to the dessert party! I’ve also read people suggesting to go over to the party, have some desserts, head back to garden for OUAT then come back over for desserts. I know reviews aren’t amazing for OUAT but we’ve never seen it and I’m sure the kids would hear all the music and wonder what they were missing up on the Terrace.

Thank you this is helpful. I planned this a surprise for my husband and girls (his bday is the day before and he loves sweets).

I guess do we go to TT first or the garden? I didn't really think about that. I need to figure out what I'm gonna tell the family to get them over there without spilling the beans

Your husband I share a birthday!! We are spending our birthdays and honeymoon is Disney this year and are doing the After Fireworks party on my soon to be Husbands birthday!! Have an amazing time!!

Are the dessert parties usually sold out, or is there day-of availability?
This time of year, with HEA only offered a few nights a week, I’d be surprised if there is any day of availability (or availability even a month or 2 out). During the summer months it’s easier to find “last minute” but I still wouldn’t count on day of booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!