I went to the Sept 22 after party as well. I checked in just after 7 - was originally planning to check in later but the timing worked out this way. Went to the garden and got to the back fence to the left side. Was by myself so wasn't too difficult. I actually followed the PP in and got my picture taken first then went to the railing. It was not crowded at all. Many were resting on the ground but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get up if I got down. lol A guy from Australia showed up a little while later and we chatted. The show was about 10 mins late but I really enjoyed the view.

After the show I made my way thru the sea of humanity to the dessert party. This was a bit disappointing to me. Hot things weren't hot and cold things weren't cold. It was so hot I wanted to enjoy a cold drink so I tried the cider and it wasn't cold, so I went for lemonade and it wasn't cold. There was ice at the top of the dispenser but the bottom had warmed up some. I think I should have asked for a cup of ice.

Then the desserts were that way too. The ones that should have been cold had obviously been sitting out long enough to warm up. They were still good - I like the strawberry tart and the pineapple one. But the biggest disappointment was the ooey gooey toffee cake. It was in a warming dish but what I got was cold. I may have gotten it from an edge but it wasn't the slightest bit warm. I did enjoy the smores marshmallow thing.

The savory snacks were good. I got a couple of the egg rolls, some cheese and spinach dip with crackers - that was essentially my supper.

I was kinda bummed to miss OUAT - could hear it but couldn't see it. I am not sure I would do it again. I think they put the desserts out too soon and they had been sitting a while. The view was awesome but would rather spend money elsewhere I think.

It looks like you pretty much have to eat the desserts in the building? I'm wondering if we could get a few items, walk over to the garden, and eat them there. But it looks like the plates aren't disposable and would need to stay in the building. I can easily imagine why letting people take food to the garden would be a bad idea (people would leave their plastic plates everywhere for CMs to clean up, if someone gets bumped on the walk over there's desserts splattered everywhere, etc.) So totally understandable if we can't bring them to the garden. But it would be nice if we could, so wanted to confirm either way.

I was kinda bummed to miss OUAT - could hear it but couldn't see it.

After having experienced the same thing on 9/20, this is an interesting observation regarding the After Party for nights where OUAT is after HEA. I have seen OUAT several times and knew I'd be at the Tomorrowland Terrace during the show/missing it....figured I wouldn't care.

But being in the Tomorrowland Terrace... hearing OUAT going on... not being able to see.... DD really wanting to know what was going on... I was kind of bummed to be missing it! We even contemplated running back out to the Hub to watch. :-)

It looks like you pretty much have to eat the desserts in the building? I'm wondering if we could get a few items, walk over to the garden, and eat them there. But it looks like the plates aren't disposable and would need to stay in the building. I can easily imagine why letting people take food to the garden would be a bad idea (people would leave their plastic plates everywhere for CMs to clean up, if someone gets bumped on the walk over there's desserts splattered everywhere, etc.) So totally understandable if we can't bring them to the garden. But it would be nice if we could, so wanted to confirm either way.

I have not personally seen or experienced this, but I see occasional reports on this thread from people who asked and were given a to-go box/container of some sort. YMMV!

I have not personally seen or experienced this, but I see occasional reports on this thread from people who asked and were given a to-go box/container of some sort. YMMV!

Ok! So worth asking but don't expect them to say yes. Thank you GA Disney Dad!

Ok! So worth asking but don't expect them to say yes. Thank you GA Disney Dad!

If you think about it, report back on your experience... just curious. I know I asked for a to-go coffee cup the other day and the CMs looked at me like I was crazy! Another CM eventually stepped in and got me one - they were underneath a beverage serving station.

Last year we took a few collapsible containers to take a few things to eat in the garden and had no problems.

If you think about it, report back on your experience... just curious. I know I asked for a to-go coffee cup the other day and the CMs looked at me like I was crazy! Another CM eventually stepped in and got me one - they were underneath a beverage serving station.
Yes, I will! You guys have been such a help to me I'd love to give back.

Last year we took a few collapsible containers to take a few things to eat in the garden and had no problems.

Great idea! I don't have any collapsible containers but I bet I can come up with something!

We attended the before party on 9/20, and there were tons of people with food/drinks in the garden. Some people just brought the real plates (we saw like 5/10 plates stacked up on top of the trash can) and there were several (including us) with the cardboard containers and drinks in to go cups. You do have to ask for the to-go containers, but the CMs had no problem providing it and the CM guarding the entry didn't blink or comment on us walking in with food. Definitely recommend this :)

Yes! That was us, so nice to meet you. I hope you enjoyed the MNSSHP's, how did the first and second ones compare....

For the desserts we sat at the furthest tables against the wall with a view of the castle (partially obstructed by trees) but enough to see some of the projections and the fireworks of course.
my feet were hurting so bad for the first one I left earlier than I intended but both were great. Did my character meets for the first one and rode rides for the second one

We had a terrace view booked for our trip and ended up cancelling it a few months ago. With the addition of EMH hours until 1 a.m. we booked the after party for garden view. I figured the kiddos could use the extra sugar to stay until 1 a.m. since it's our last night :)

We had a terrace view booked for our trip and ended up cancelling it a few months ago. With the addition of EMH hours until 1 a.m. we booked the after party for garden view. I figured the kiddos could use the extra sugar to stay until 1 a.m. since it's our last night :)

Sound strategy to me. :-)

Just booked this for January 20th, which is the Sunday of MLK day weekend. Last year the MK was open til midnight that day so I'm hoping for at least a couple of hours post dessert party in the park and I'm expecting crowds to be quite busy as well.

I said never again after booking the garden view party for our first viewing of HEA and being too nervous about getting a good spot that we grabbed some sweets in the popcorn bucket and went right out, but this format is much better for my "stake out the best spot" mentality and to still be able to enjoy the treats after, so decided to give it a whirl. Loving all of the reviews, I know you can show up pretty late in the window but that is just not how I roll ;)

We are doing the after party in December. Where in the viewing area would you recommend to stake out a spot for the best view of the castle if someone is short? Thanks!

We are doing the after party in December. Where in the viewing area would you recommend to stake out a spot for the best view of the castle if someone is short? Thanks!

Conventional wisdom would likely say up front on the left side facing the castle. However, the overwhelming consensus on this thread is to head to the far back left corner (facing the castle). Stay in the back, when it starts everyone stands up and usually pushed their way forward leaving a space for the people in the far back to have a great view!

I do think they should trim down the topiaries to be not so tall. But I didn't remember them bothering me when the show started.

Not sure whether system is glitchy or Plaza Garden dessert parties are becoming more popular but we have been trying to book a Garden dessert party for 10/20 or 10/22 and it's showing no availability for the "before" parties for those dates. Have never had a problem with the Garden parties being sold out before.

Not sure whether system is glitchy or Plaza Garden dessert parties are becoming more popular but we have been trying to book a Garden dessert party for 10/20 or 10/22 and it's showing no availability for the "before" parties for those dates. Have never had a problem with the Garden parties being sold out before.
December 5th has been sold out for the last couple of months for both before and after parties (not even available for a party of 1):scared:. I check every once in a while because I am a little stressed over this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter