MK FP+ choices for two park days

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
We are going to MK twice in September, we aren't commandos anymore but will ride anything.

Other than SDD and PP; what else really needs a FP+? And how should I prioritize booking them?

We'll probably skip Splash.

All of our trips for the past seven years were to the other parks which are much easier to plan!

Here are the FP+ priorities for MK from mesaboy2's fastpass sticky (https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/):

MAGIC KINGDOM (25 Attractions)

A - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
A - Peter Pan's Flight
A - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
A - Space Mountain
A - Splash Mountain
B - Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
B - Enchanted Tales With Belle
B - Haunted Mansion
B - Jungle Cruise
B - Meet Ariel at her Grotto
B - Meet Cinderella and a Guest at Princess Fairytale Hall
B - Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
B - Meet Rapunzel and a Guest at Princess Fairytale Hall
B - Pirates of the Caribbean
B - The Barnstormer
B - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
B - Tomorrowland Speedway
B - Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
C - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
C - it's a small world
C - Mad Tea Party
C - Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
C - Mickey's PhilharMagic
C - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
C - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

I would decide which attractions are must do ones, and then which of those are most likely to have long lines. The above post showing rankings can help you there. If you plan to do rope drop, some of those musts might be doable without a FP+.

Personally I tend to select Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, and Big Thunder as one trio, if no early starts are expected, or more typically, if during an early start other attractions like Haunted Mansion and Pirates are planned. Then we follow those early bird attractions with the three FP+ ones in the late morning/early afternoon hours. Of course you don’t want Splash, so would substitute another. Then try and add additional FP+ after the initial three are done.

A second set usually has Seven Dwarfs, and either a repeat of two of the above three, or one or two others if someone has them as a must that trip.

We don't like waiting in lines anymore and will only ride rides with a fast pass. At Magic Kingdom it's really easy to do this with all the options, but you need a good understand of how the system works. We typically will schedule fast passes for when we arrive at the park. I try to get ones that always have long lines and are a little harder to get day of. Seven Dwarfs is the hardest to find day of and will always have long lines. Space Mountain is another that can have really long waits and a little harder to find day of. Jungle Cruise and Thunder Mountain can both have long lines. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are usually really easy to pick up day of.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Peter Pan's Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
I would agree with this list. The top 3 (especially PP and 7DMT seem to be the most difficult to get)
We RD SM and then go to Buzz so that takes both off our FP list.
I also will either put HM as a FP or get that as a later FP, usually isn't too difficult to get.

MK is really the easiest to get things done at in a timely manner, due to the sheer volume of rides with fp and the lack of tiers. Prebook harder to get ones as listed above back to back to back in the morning, rope drop and do standby til lines hit 20mn, then use fp the rest of the day. I usually have my next fp by the time I board the attraction. As soon as you tap in at the ride entrance for your 3rd fp, you can book a fourth, and so on and so forth the rest of the day. Try not to backtrack too much as that takes a lot of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter