MK Fireworks

dkostel

DIS Veteran
I originally booked the dessert party to have a reserved spot for my friend in an ecv to see Happily Ever After. I have since read that there are now reserved spots for folks in wheelchairs/scooters. Is the view in the new spots good, and can the rest of the party (3 of us) join her there? Also how early would you show up to those spots?
TIA

I originally booked the dessert party to have a reserved spot for my friend in an ecv to see Happily Ever After. I have since read that there are now reserved spots for folks in wheelchairs/scooters. Is the view in the new spots good, and can the rest of the party (3 of us) join her there? Also how early would you show up to those spots?
TIA

I went to the dessert party in June 2018 and I chose to buy the dessert party that allowed me to watch from the covered dessert area instead of the dessert party from the grassy, fenced in area that guests walked to after or before the having desserts.

It was called
Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
and
Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

The Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace allowed me to stay in my mobility scooter at a table and others sat at tables under cover. I really liked this option.

A few years ago, I went to the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing. It was nice, and there were concrete areas to drive on. I think that there is an area next to the fence that allows reserved viewing for wheelchairs/mobility scooters. When I went years ago they didn't offer this.

And are you talking about the handicap sections to watch the MK fireworks or something else? I have some photos of the areas of the handicap sections to watch the MK fireworks. It is first come, first serve. It has a great view of against fenced area, too.

Guests were with the wheelchair/mobility scooters like the other handicap reserved areas.

I got there about an hour or earlier and I guess it depends on how crowded the day is and how many wheelchairs/mobility scooters are there that particular day. I didn't get there when the cast members set up the roped off area, but I did show up about an hour early one night and I was about the fourth one there. The busier the park and the more guests with wheelchairs/mobility scooters on the day can vary greatly.

They also lined wheelchairs/mobility scooters up to four deep one time in this area.

Last edited:
Thanks Ray, I found your previous post on this topic. I think I'll cancel the dessert party, the other spots look good.

Thanks Ray, I found your previous post on this topic. I think I'll cancel the dessert party, the other spots look good.
That spot does fill up and when it does you will not get in ( I have seen it full over an hour before hand ) so get there early you can also do the after party have a for sure spot then while the mass is leaving the park you get to have dessert.

The best view you will ever have of MK fireworks is from a boat in Bay Lake. I highly recommend the private fireworks cruise. You get a tour of Bay Lake with lots of interesting information from your private tour guide followed by the most spectacular fireworks show. The Electric Light Parade is also in the water with you, and seeing it close up is awesome. The best part? No crowds.

The best view you will ever have of MK fireworks is from a boat in Bay Lake. I highly recommend the private fireworks cruise. You get a tour of Bay Lake with lots of interesting information from your private tour guide followed by the most spectacular fireworks show. The Electric Light Parade is also in the water with you, and seeing it close up is awesome. The best part? No crowds.

Good view of fireworks, but only a so-so view of the castle projections. At least that was my though when I watched from the waters.

Good view of fireworks, but only a so-so view of the castle projections. At least that was my though when I watched from the waters.
You can see the castle show?? I know my vision is not the best but all I could see from the ferry going to the TTC was just some color on the castle nothing else the fireworks were just so so too not great not bad ( I would rank in front of the castle the best then behind the castle second and 3 outside the park as 3 for just the firework part of it)

You can see the castle show?? I know my vision is not the best but all I could see from the ferry going to the TTC was just some color on the castle nothing else the fireworks were just so so too not great not bad ( I would rank in front of the castle the best then behind the castle second and 3 outside the park as 3 for just the firework part of it)

If you are on one of the boats that is stationary in the lake, usually not far from the MK docks, you can see okay. I like from the dessert party sitting along the back rail. My sister, in her wheelchair, also had a pretty good view just in front of me.

If you are on one of the boats that is stationary in the lake, usually not far from the MK docks, you can see okay. I like from the dessert party sitting along the back rail. My sister, in her wheelchair, also had a pretty good view just in front of me.

Hi, tobikaye. I often wondered about what you said and now I remember hearing this before. When I went a long time ago, I go down there early and I thought that I found a good space only to have those sitting in front of me stand up. I also remember hearing that they now have a handicapped reserve area now I think at the front fence. I am not sure. I think if I went to the dessert party I might try the rear fence, too.

I treated myself to the dessert party staying in the desert area and got there early enough to get a seat and table next to the wall. It was very nice, raised area and no one was in front of me. It does cost money. The desserts and fireworks were great and relaxing. As I said, I spent the money for a special occasion.

Hi, tobikaye. I often wondered about what you said and now I remember hearing this before. When I went a long time ago, I go down there early and I thought that I found a good space only to have those sitting in front of me stand up. I also remember hearing that they now have a handicapped reserve area now I think at the front fence. I am not sure. I think if I went to the dessert party I might try the rear fence, too.

A lot of people did end up standing, but more towards the front and the people around us stayed sat or stood to the side of those that stayed seated.

You are correct. We aren't really interested in the castle projections, so I didn't consider that point.

A lot of people did end up standing, but more towards the front and the people around us stayed sat or stood to the side of those that stayed seated.

I think that was my experience, too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter