MK Fireworks Cruise

spyhill

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have a comment on the MK Fireworks cruise? We have one booked next week leaving from the Contemporary. Thanks.

We have gone on two so far (and plan on another in December). They are wonderful. You will not be disappointed. Make sure to bring a jacket. I have never been there this time of year but in October it was chilly out on the water.

My family did this in October 2002. We had to do this the first night we were there as that was the only night with scheduled fireworks. It was chilly and glad we brought jackets. We also ordered a Mickey cake with balloons to have on board to surprise my DD and new SIL. First time we ever did this and it was very nice. We left from the GF and they were on time. They take you on a little lagoon tour and tell you some trivia about the different hotels. You go over to WL and around the loop till you are back out staged in the middle of the world (but of course in the water) looking at the Castle. You can even hear the announcement. There are lots of other boats out there as well. The captain constantly has to keep shifting the boat around since it is hard to stand still without dropping an anchor.

It was very easy and very relaxing. We all came off the boat with a little pixie dust on us!

how did you go about ordering the cake and how much did it cost - if you don't mind me asking. We will be doing another cruise in December actually on my sister's birthday. We were going to do a birthday cruise but it seems like $100 more for decorations and a cake is a bit much. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

We enjoyed this very much as well. The cruise around Bay Lake with the full moon was so beautiful!!!And we loved the fireworks as well. Had a great driver from the Contemporary.

Thanks so much to everyone. I'm really looking forward to it now. It's sort of a V-day present (we'll be there through 2/13) although our kids will be with us.
Does anyone recall when the cruise ends? We have a PS at 8. THanks

Sorry it took so long to answer your question - asleep at the switch here.

My DH said it was about $40.00. Ordered it thru the GF where we were staying. It came on a tray with real plates and linen napkins, etc.

We have a picture of it and my DH is going to try and scan it in and then post it? Not sure since we have never done that before. If really interested we could e-mail it to you for sure.

How it all started was we were going to order a small wedding cake since my DD and SIL were on their honeymoon (1 month after the wedding). But the cost of that was more than the MK fireworks cruise AND the cake so we went with option 2 and all of us went out on the boat together.

Really special memory for all of us and the cake was DELICIOUS!

I think it was $120. We had 7 adults and one child. We also tipped the captain since she helped with the cake, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter