MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I keep checking every day for April/May date postings. If the CM is correct, then I guess the May dates won't be posted until sometime mid February.
I'm hoping they'll release a couple months at a time like they've done in the past. Waiting on May also.

Thank you wrestler

Might be of interest for the people who are waiting for April dates. I called Disney yesterday to book my club level fastpasses and asked CM about MK EMM in April. He suggested that I check next week. May be he was just being polite but may be he has some info,

I'm hoping they'll release a couple months at a time like they've done in the past. Waiting on May also.

Interesting how they have posted dates and are already selling tix for MNSSHP which doesn't start til August but not DAH or EMM for April!

We’ll be doing EMM for the first time in March. We are staying at AKL also for the first time, usually we are at the Poly so I’m curious as to what time any of you recommend we catch a bus to MK that morning? Thanks!

Alright, decided to go for it and book March 12, for our last park day. If we are totally exhausted by then I might cancel...or maybe we’ll do EMM and enjoy the early crowd free feeling and then go sit by the pool for the rest of the day, who knows! We did the old format last year and enjoyed it, curious to try it with the changes.

Maybe an interesting state of the 'hot hand' in the world of EMM-type offerings at the moment. Granted this kind of thing can change so it's just a moment in time snapshot, but still....

Between now and 3/31 MK has 18 EMM dates, none of which are sold out right now.

Between now and 3/31 DHS has 20 EMM dates, 14 of which are sold out right now.

(I searched for a party size of 4 for these purposes)

I hadn't looked at MK EMM dates in awhile to check sell-outs, sort of surprised none are as you get into the busier March time.

HI all, I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could help with:

1) I have both 3/3(Sunday) and 3/5(Tuesday) booked and will cancel one. Any thoughts on a noticeable difference in crowd level for these dates? Both seem to be a bit before the huge spring break crowds. I thought I read that Sundays were typically good days to go to MK.

2) I have Canadian Resident tickets. If I go 3/3 that will be the first day for us: I assume I have to go to the Guest Relations to the right of the tap-stiles to redeem...what time will this be open? I will be driving and plan to be on a 7:00 monorail from the transportation center.

Thanks!

I would Google "Magic Kingdom crowd calendar", there are a few sites that track crowd levels. Unless there is a special event like a marathon planned for that weekend, my guess is that crowds for both will be fairly similar.

Don’t know if this was already mentioned, but do you know where EMM guests have to wait to rope drop space mountain? I used to have to wait by Winnie the Pooh, but now wondering how it is with the new setup.

Thanks!

When we were there in December, they held the EMM guests at the Tomorrowland entrance next to Cosmic Rays. They were released at 9am and my husband was in line for Space by 9:13 and off the ride by 9:25. I am not sure if they were walked over by a CM or not.

We were hoping to do EMM when we visit MK in August. Does anyone know if they have done EMM on the same day as a MNNSHP? The Tuesday we would be able to attend EMM is also a party night. (We wouldn't be attending the party)

We were hoping to do EMM when we visit MK in August. Does anyone know if they have done EMM on the same day as a MNNSHP? The Tuesday we would be able to attend EMM is also a party night. (We wouldn't be attending the party)

They've done it the same night as the Christmas party, so it is definitely possible. It is also recommended to go to the MK on party days since it's generally a bit less busy (which is what we found). Enjoy your day!

Yes, there have been many Sundays and Tuesdays in the past that have had both EMM and MNSSHP on the same day.

I'm putting together a touring plan for a (projected) VERY low crowd Tuesday in late summer/ early Fall for EMM Fantasyland. It's showing me 20+ minute waits for 7DMT during EMM!!!! :scared: It's showing me we will only get four attractions done in that hour and 15 minutes, which clearly makes no sense, and doesn't sound like the reviews I've read on here at all... any insight, please? Thank you!

I'm putting together a touring plan for a (projected) VERY low crowd Tuesday in late summer/ early Fall for EMM Fantasyland. It's showing me 20+ minute waits for 7DMT during EMM!!!! :scared: It's showing me we will only get four attractions done in that hour and 15 minutes, which clearly makes no sense, and doesn't sound like the reviews I've read on here at all... any insight, please? Thank you!
We did EMM in early August, when the crowd calendar I use (KtP) forecasted moderate+ crowds, and we had a wonderful time with ZERO waiting. We rode 7DMT something like 11 times. It was almost obscene! I'm not sure what site you're using, but I can say that we had time to ride all the available options, enjoyed breakfast, and made it to be among the first on the teacups once park opened and got to ride with Alice. It was the greatest morning! I think you can count on a better experience than the site is predicting for you.

Thanks @GADisneyDad14 and Allison S for responding to my question about the party and EMM days. I am looking forward to the release of the dates with cautious optimism!

Last edited:

I don’t use TP’s touring plans and I have no personal experience with this, but my guess is their plans/algorithms are not programmed to properly calculate / account for wait times during an event such as EMM.

We did EMM in early August, when the crowd calendar I use (KtP) forecasted moderate+ crowds, and we had a wonderful time with ZERO waiting. We rode 7DMT something like 11 times. It was almost obscene! I'm not sure what site you're using, but I can say that we had time to ride all the available options, enjoyed breakfast, and made it to be among the first on the teacups once park opened and got to ride with Alice. It was the greatest morning! I think you can count on a better experience than the site is predicting for you.

Thanks GADisneyDad and Allison for responding to my question about the party and EMM days. I am looking forward to the release of the dates with cautious optimism!

@MaryKM , THANK YOU :goodvibes for your detailed (and reassuring) post! It sounds like you had a fantastic time, and that it was money well spent!

I don’t use TP’s touring plans and I have no personal experience with this, but my guess is their plans/algorithms are not programmed to properly calculate / account for wait times during an event such as EMM.

@GADisneyDad14 , my plan for an upcoming February trip including EMM TSL seems more in line with what I’ve seen in reviews of that event, but this seemed WAY off. I’m sure you’re right, which is certainly reassuring! Thank you for your response! :goodvibes

We are doing a first visit for our boys (4 & 7) in Feb--my husband and I haven't been in 20+ years. We only have two MK days, so I've booked EMM for 2/3. While booking (as noted everywhere) PPF is said to be closed for EMM, yet I am able to book a FP later that same day. Do you think it is possible they will open it for EMM as well? Our 4 year old is obsessed w Peter Pan (last birthday party theme, Halloween costume, etc) so I'm really hoping its possible. Also--my first post, so apologies in advance still learning the acronyms/Disney-speak.

Last edited:
We are doing a first visit for our boys (4 & 7) in Feb--my husband and I haven't been in 20+ years. We only have two MK days, so I've booked EMM for 2/3. While booking (as noted everywhere) PPF is said to be closed for EMM, yet I am to book a FP later that same day. Do you think it is possible they will open it for EMM as well? Our 4 year old is obsessed w Peter Pan (last birthday party theme, Halloween costume, etc) so I'm really hoping its possible. Also--my first post, so apologies in advance still learning the acronyms/Disney-speak.

Welcome to the DIS!

Anything could happen: It could open for EMM, your FP+ might end up getting canceled ... it's hard to say right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter