MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Thanks! I worry Minnie vans won’t be very available that early. I do know mears has car seats we have used them before for hotel transfers.

Minnie Vans start at 6:30, plenty of time I would think. What would worry me is that 1 in a million chance they wouldn’t let you in to the Contemporary. we’re at the YC and if we don’t use regular busses, we’ll use a Minnie Van.

Minnie Vans start at 6:30, plenty of time I would think. What would worry me is that 1 in a million chance they wouldn’t let you in to the Contemporary. we’re at the YC and if we don’t use regular busses, we’ll use a Minnie Van.

We are at the Yatch club too...

Word to the wise. Tried booking EMM today online with my debit card for 8/13 and kept getting an error saying unable to reserve or something like that. I tried a few times, even with a different credit card, nothing. So I wait and call when the phones open. I explain to the nice CM and she tries a few times for me too. Then my debit card gets declined. I specifically asked if my card was getting charged with each attempt and she says oh no of course not. And she keeps trying. Well then she goes into some chat or something and says oh the system is down, I apologize try back in an hour. Sounds good to me. In the meantime I check my bank account and I am it negative $1800 from all of the attempts to book EMM between the both of us. I am going to throw up. Called Disney back, CM says to call my bank to remove the pending charges, and if they won’t they will just fall off in 24-48 hours. I am waiting for them to open, but here is my cautionary tale to everyone else. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in the bathroom throwing up.

Word to the wise. Tried booking EMM today online with my debit card for 8/13 and kept getting an error saying unable to reserve or something like that. I tried a few times, even with a different credit card, nothing. So I wait and call when the phones open. I explain to the nice CM and she tries a few times for me too. Then my debit card gets declined. I specifically asked if my card was getting charged with each attempt and she says oh no of course not. And she keeps trying. Well then she goes into some chat or something and says oh the system is down, I apologize try back in an hour. Sounds good to me. In the meantime I check my bank account and I am it negative $1800 from all of the attempts to book EMM between the both of us. I am going to throw up. Called Disney back, CM says to call my bank to remove the pending charges, and if they won’t they will just fall off in 24-48 hours. I am waiting for them to open, but here is my cautionary tale to everyone else. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ll be in the bathroom throwing up.

And this is why I hate debit cards. Sorry that happened. Btw, just took a look and there is no MK EMM on 8/13, just the 6th and 11th. Those dates are bookable though. At least that’s what’s showing for me.

And this is why I hate debit cards. Sorry that happened. Btw, just took a look and there is no MK EMM on 8/13, just the 6th and 11th. Those dates are bookable though. At least that’s what’s showing for me.
It’s in there when I look on my desktop, not the mobile site. The dining CM could grab it too. Idk what’s going on with it but I’m staying far away til this gets cleared up. Sigh.

FYI, 8/13 is past the 180 day window today... you can’t see it as bookable but the PP can as it’s in their +10 window.

I had a similar experience yesterday. Yesterday was my ADR day, with Aug 13 being 180+1. Early in the morning, Aug 13 appeared as bookable, but on the final submission screen Igot an error. Tried a couple more times, same thing, and then the date didn't even show up as bookable any more. I didn't have time to call, so figured I'd check again today. Just did and it booked it, great! Then saw your post, and sure enough, there are 3 charges on my credit card from my failed attempts yesterday! I don't believe it! Even the ADR I'd initially booked as an alternate didn't get canceled because the reservation wasn't complete. But they charged? Ugh.

I had a similar experience yesterday. Yesterday was my ADR day, with Aug 13 being 180+1. Early in the morning, Aug 13 appeared as bookable, but on the final submission screen Igot an error. Tried a couple more times, same thing, and then the date didn't even show up as bookable any more. I didn't have time to call, so figured I'd check again today. Just did and it booked it, great! Then saw your post, and sure enough, there are 3 charges on my credit card from my failed attempts yesterday! I don't believe it! Even the ADR I'd initially booked as an alternate didn't get canceled because the reservation wasn't complete. But they charged? Ugh.

Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened to you, too! I have contacted my bank and have spoken to someone at Guest Relations following an email I sent and there is nothing anyone can do until the charges drop off. At this point I am praying my tollway pass or my son’s lunch account don’t replenish... still no money today. I’m even more shocked that aside from an “oh well lay for any overdraft fees you incur”, Disney seems unwilling to do anything else. I guess I’m lucky tho I had the money to cover these charges. I know others may not be so lucky. Hope your pending charges drop soon!!!

As long as it’s a credit card, it really doesn’t cause any issues. It’s a pending charge and will drop off. Or at least it should. I’d be sure and check it in a few days.

Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened to you, too! I have contacted my bank and have spoken to someone at Guest Relations following an email I sent and there is nothing anyone can do until the charges drop off. At this point I am praying my tollway pass or my son’s lunch account don’t replenish... still no money today. I’m even more shocked that aside from an “oh well lay for any overdraft fees you incur”, Disney seems unwilling to do anything else. I guess I’m lucky tho I had the money to cover these charges. I know others may not be so lucky. Hope your pending charges drop soon!!!
Wow, unnecessary stress. Good luck and I hope it all resolves itself quickly with no further issues!

As long as it’s a credit card, it really doesn’t cause any issues. It’s a pending charge and will drop off. Or at least it should. I’d be sure and check it in a few days.
Ahh yes, it was so early when I looked this morning that I missed they were still "pending." That helps, and yes much easier with a credit card vs. debit.

Thanks! I worry Minnie vans won’t be very available that early. I do know mears has car seats we have used them before for hotel transfers.
We used someone I got off another forum, she was EXCELLENT!!! And not grossly expensive, cheaper than Minnie Van. PM me if you want her info!!!
We used her for EMM and for transfer from MCO. She had carseat all prepared and was very knowledgeable and helpful about Disney.
Oh, and she dropped us off at CR, which was far more convenient than the TTC.

BTW, side-note - I'm shocked/floored at EMM on Easter Sunday. You have to go back a very, very long time to find an Easter Sunday that didn't open pre-9am or have AM EMHs.

It's so out there I half-way wonder if it's a mistake, similar to the Oct dates added last year that got taken away (as a PP mentioned).

Granted Easter is well late this year, but still. Very interesting.

So excited I was able to snag this on such as busy day. I am hoping this doesn't get canceled, just booked my Fastpasses around it. :mickeybar

Still holding out for the rolling 180 day release to keep going for another month to nab my September day!
I see a blog article out this morning that Cosmic Ray's is undergoing some construction inside. Any idea if this will affect breakfast for the event?

My 60 days was 01/02/19 and dates for EMM finally opened up on 12/21/18.

For those of you who were down to the wire with your 60 days and the release of this most recent round of dates-
Did the release happen BEFORE your 60 days, or did you have to book FPs without knowing if you could do EMM?
I have a late summer trip coming up and am wondering if I may encounter the same issue. Thank you!!!

Last summer before the breakfast location was changed, at 900am, if you wanted to go to Space Mountain, you were held up at the tea cups until the entire line headed to Seven Dwarves passed by, which really made lots of people angry. (If you left Fantasyland to head toward Frontierland, you joined in with the group.)

Now that the breakfast is at Cosmic Rays, if you want to head to Space Mountain right at 9am, where are are you held? And do you still have to wait for the rope drop crowd to pass by, or can you join it?

I am wondering the same thing. I just booked EMM for our trip. I'm so excited!

I was still hoping for a bit more insight on where to go for 9:00 RD for frontier land:

1) that little path to the left of the castle near the bridge to liberty square (do you mix in with regular guests)?

Or
2) go around/by Haunted Mansion (and where would you be held beforehand)?

March 3rd is coming soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!