MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

For those of you who were down to the wire with your 60 days and the release of this most recent round of dates-
Did the release happen BEFORE your 60 days, or did you have to book FPs without knowing if you could do EMM?
I have a late summer trip coming up and am wondering if I may encounter the same issue. Thank you!!!

For those of you who were down to the wire with your 60 days and the release of this most recent round of dates-
Did the release happen BEFORE your 60 days, or did you have to book FPs without knowing if you could do EMM?
I have a late summer trip coming up and am wondering if I may encounter the same issue. Thank you!!!

My 60 days is 3/2 so plenty of time.

My 60 days is 3/2 so plenty of time.

Thanks for your reply, and I’m glad you were able to book before your 60 days! I remember a couple of posters on this thread commenting that they thought they were going to have to book FPs without knowing whether or not they could do EMM, so I was wondering if it really did come down to that for those people.
Thanks again! :)

this hasn't happened AFAIK. EMM dates are usually released before FPs dates become available (it was a little tight this last round though).

Last edited:

This just happened to me actually. My FP window opened 1/31 and EMM dates weren’t announced until 2/7, and opened for booking 2/8. I booked FPs assuming we wouldn’t get EMM, and then had to go back and change most of them.

Thanks for your reply, and I’m glad you were able to book before your 60 days! I remember a couple of posters on this thread commenting that they thought they were going to have to book FPs without knowing whether or not they could do EMM, so I was wondering if it really did come down to that for those people.
Thanks again! :)

I was getting worried! I did have it happen last October with FEA. It was a real pain, but I just left an Epcot day open and hoped for the best.

There have definitely been times in the past where EMM dates were added after the 60 day window for some. Usually doesn't impact a ton of dates, but you can find examples over time of it occurring.

That being said, FWIW MK EMM appears to be being added on a rolling 180 day basis at the moment.

If we do EMM and book meares do they drop us at TTC or can we get dropped at the contemporary?

If we do EMM maybe hit up barnstormer and/or speedway at 9 (if it’s open) then do breakfast, 3 FP between 930-1230 maybe another ride or two, or move up FP,is it unreasonable to think we can be exiting the park by 1 for relax and pool time. Hoping for some pool time/naps and the dinner at artist point around 530, and if people are up for it back to MK after. Is this to much to fit in with the early start?

I know this is not a planning thread, but I really want to fit in EMM and just wondering if that’s to much in a day with the early start.

ETA: with a 5 year old

Last edited:
If we do EMM and book meares do they drop us at TTC or can we get dropped at the contemporary?

If we do EMM maybe hit up barnstormer and/or speedway at 9 (if it’s open) then do breakfast, 3 FP between 930-1230 maybe another ride or two, or move up FP,is it unreasonable to think we can be exiting the park by 1 for relax and pool time. Hoping for some pool time/naps and the dinner at artist point around 530, and if people are up for it back to MK after. Is this to much to fit in with the early start?

I know this is not a planning thread, but I really want to fit in EMM and just wondering if that’s to much in a day with the early start.

This pretty much describes our typical MK EMM day. Heading out 12-1 is the goal, then lounging at the pool. Doesn't get much better.

Our EMM is the day we leave, but don’t fly out till 7. Plenty of time to do that, get out after lunch, then head to the resort for a little pool time before the sad trip to the airport. I’ll just leave a carry on at the desk to change. It’s going to be a pain getting packed and checked out that early, but can’t be helped. I’m going to ask for late check out, but we rarely get it. This will be our first EMM, never timed it right to do it before and I can’t wait!

this hasn't happened AFAIK. EMM dates are usually released before FPs dates become available (it was a little tight this last round though).

That would be great! My FP day is 7/17, so a long time from now, but that doesn't mean I'm not already planning! :rotfl:

This just happened to me actually. My FP window opened 1/31 and EMM dates weren’t announced until 2/7, and opened for booking 2/8. I booked FPs assuming we wouldn’t get EMM, and then had to go back and change most of them.

Thanks for weighing in. That really stinks! At least they were released relatively close to your FP day!

I was getting worried! I did have it happen last October with FEA. It was a real pain, but I just left an Epcot day open and hoped for the best.

Thanks for replying again! Hope you were able to grab FEA (I assume you mean the dessert party?) for your October trip, although it would have been nice if you were able to before your FP day!

There have definitely been times in the past where EMM dates were added after the 60 day window for some. Usually doesn't impact a ton of dates, but you can find examples over time of it occurring.

That being said, FWIW MK EMM appears to be being added on a rolling 180 day basis at the moment.

Yikes, this is making me nervous! :sad2: My FP day is 7/17, so if they do another release 180 days from 2/7 (last release), that would be 8/6, WELL after my FP day :sad:. The Tuesday in September I'm hoping to schedule is also a Halloween party day... wondering if they historically do EMM on party days?

This pretty much describes our typical MK EMM day. Heading out 12-1 is the goal, then lounging at the pool. Doesn't get much better.

This is exactly what we are hoping for/ planning, as well.

Thanks for replying again! Hope you were able to grab FEA (I assume you mean the dessert party?) for your October trip, although it would have been nice if you were able to before your FP day!
I did! I’ve got another scheduled for this trip as well as EMM for TSL and all were out in plenty of time.

Yikes, this is making me nervous! :sad2: My FP day is 7/17, so if they do another release 180 days from 2/7 (last release), that would be 8/6, WELL after my FP day :sad:. The Tuesday in September I'm hoping to schedule is also a Halloween party day... wondering if they historically do EMM on party days?

What I mean by rolling 180 days is EMM dates are available 180 days out from right now. 180 days from today is Sunday August 11, and that date turned blue today. EMM just "switched" to this rolling 180 day pattern with last week's release of dates and will probably be like this for a month or so, then stop again. This has happened in the past with no real explanation why.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What I mean by rolling 180 days is EMM dates are available 180 days out from right now. 180 days from today is Sunday August 11, and that date turned blue today. EMM just "switched" to this rolling 180 day pattern with last week's release of dates and will probably be like this for a month or so, then stop again. This has happened in the past with no real explanation why.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
WOOHOO! Just made my day, thank you! :worship: If it could just keep going on this rolling 180 day pattern until third week of March...

Last summer before the breakfast location was changed, at 900am, if you wanted to go to Space Mountain, you were held up at the tea cups until the entire line headed to Seven Dwarves passed by, which really made lots of people angry. (If you left Fantasyland to head toward Frontierland, you joined in with the group.)

Now that the breakfast is at Cosmic Rays, if you want to head to Space Mountain right at 9am, where are are you held? And do you still have to wait for the rope drop crowd to pass by, or can you join it?

Last edited:

ETA: with a 5 year old

If you tell them you are going to the MK they will have to drop you at the TTC unless you take a Minnie Van. You can ask to be dropped off at the CR and then walk over. Over the years I have periodically read people reporting that they were not allowed to be dropped at the CR without a reservation or ADR, but we did it once without a problem (a long time ago), and I don’t think I’ve heard that recently, so I think it would be fine.

I’m case you would care and not know, Florida law requires kids 5 and under to be in a car seat or booster seat. I doubt mears enforces that, they probably leave it up to you, but you can request a car with a car seat or carry something like a bubble bum or
Mifold if you want. I suspect mears won’t care, and will let you simply use the seat belt if you want with a 5 yr old, but I’m not sure. Maybe someone else has experienced it first hand. I know in Minnie vans they ask the ages, and get out the seat for anyone 5 and under.

If you tell them you are going to the MK they will have to drop you at the TTC unless you take a Minnie Van. You can ask to be dropped off at the CR and then walk over. Over the years I have periodically read people reporting that they were not allowed to be dropped at the CR without a reservation or ADR, but we did it once without a problem (a long time ago), and I don’t think I’ve heard that recently, so I think it would be fine.

I’m case you would care and not know, Florida law requires kids 5 and under to be in a car seat or booster seat. I doubt mears enforces that, they probably leave it up to you, but you can request a car with a car seat or carry something like a bubble bum or
Mifold if you want. I suspect mears won’t care, and will let you simply use the seat belt if you want with a 5 yr old, but I’m not sure. Maybe someone else has experienced it first hand. I know in Minnie vans they ask the ages, and get out the seat for anyone 5 and under.

Thanks! I worry Minnie vans won’t be very available that early. I do know mears has car seats we have used them before for hotel transfers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter