MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are CMs with signs out near the turnstiles. It's always been pretty clear that you have to head all the way to the left for ADR check in. I'm guessing when you say "side" you mean left or right at the main entrance?

I found the EMM CMs to be pretty grumpy, too. As a matter of fact it still bugs me. I know it is difficult to let things like that go. It never hurts to send an email to Guest Services and let them know about your experience. I don't know what you want when you mention "recourse."

Not at the main entrance, but off at the entrances to the various lands after we had already been let into the hub. This CM was stationed by the bridge to Liberty Square with a sign that said breakfast reservations or something like that. Everyone was feeding that direction, but she made a big deal that ONLY breakfast reservations could come that way and that EMM had to use the path that heads towards the tea cups. So we walked over to where she directed us. When we got there, the CM wouldn’t let us through and directed us back to where we came from, which then put us at the back of a large group of people who were all getting scanned for dining reservations.

I don’t know what kind of recourse there is, if any. But I feel like at least there should be more organization and information for CMs for these events. Like I said, it definitely put a damper on the entire experience for us.

Last edited:
Just to be clear so I know where I'm going, exactly where then do we enter, for clarity please. We all enter within the land the same area? or people separate by section like a ppo adr etc.?

Just to be clear so I know where I'm going, exactly where then do we enter, for clarity please. We all enter within the land the same area? or people separate by section like a ppo adr etc.?

Here is the applicable info from Post #1:
How Does It Work When I Arrive?
  • Disney has some pretty decent info on the “Know Before You Go” part of the EMM info page.
  • I would recommend arriving at the MK front entrance at/by 7:30AM(ish) at the latest. With travel time inconsistencies related to getting to the MK in the morning, you may want to play it safe and aim for earlier.
  • When you arrive at the MK front entrance, EMM check-in is (usually) all the way to the left.
  • This is also the same area where PPO ADR guests will be checking-in.
  • EMM guests are given wristbands to identify themselves.
  • You then proceed to the tapstyles where you tap/scan your park admission.
  • You are then held in the area in front of the gift shop just to the left outside of the entrance tunnel under the train station.
  • Both PPO ADR and EMM guests are all held in this same area – you’ll all be mixed together at this point.
  • At 7:45AM(ish), you’ll be let in and can proceed directly to Fantasyland (a CM in the hub area will likely point you in the right direction.
  • Repeated for emphasis - you are let in the front gate at around 7:45AM. The time walking from the front gate to Fantasyland does eat into to the published 7:45AM-9:00AM ride time.
  • While it’s tempting to want to stop and get some Main Street/Castle pictures, you’ll likely not want to waste too much time as the clock is ticking at this point – any time you spend on Main Street/Castle pictures is going to eat into your ride time.
  • In my experience PhotoPass photographers have been out on Main Street at this time, but YMMV here as well because patterns can change.

Hi - I have been stalking March 2019 dates for Fantasyland EMM. We are going the last week in March. When the last batch of dates were opened only the first two weeks in March were available when I looked (now those are gone, assuming sold out).

Was I just too late to book the last week in March or have they not opened yet?

Is it odd that all of the March dates are still available for Toy Story Land but not Fantasyland? We were hoping for Fantasyland because our smallest isn't tall enough for Slinky and don't feel it would be worth it.

Thanks

Hi - I have been stalking March 2019 dates for Fantasyland EMM. We are going the last week in March. When the last batch of dates were opened only the first two weeks in March were available when I looked (now those are gone, assuming sold out).

Was I just too late to book the last week in March or have they not opened yet?

Is it odd that all of the March dates are still available for Toy Story Land but not Fantasyland? We were hoping for Fantasyland because our smallest isn't tall enough for Slinky and don't feel it would be worth it.

Thanks

March dates for the MK EMM have not been released yet. I've been checking every day.

I am hoping for EMM at MK for the first week in March 2019 and I was just told by a reliable source that March is busy season for Disney so it is unlikely that they will open ticket sales for EMM for MK. Does this sound accurate? If so I'm pretty bummed. EMM would knock out a good portion of our ride list.

I am hoping for EMM at MK for the first week in March 2019 and I was just told by a reliable source that March is busy season for Disney so it is unlikely that they will open ticket sales for EMM for MK. Does this sound accurate? If so I'm pretty bummed. EMM would knock out a good portion of our ride list.

No it does not sound accurate.

Past performance is not always indicative of future results, but the chart on Post 2 shows historical MK EMM dates. It ‘may’ provide a useful guide as to what we ‘may’ see March 2019.

Generally speaking, EMM date availability only continues to grow and we’re even seeing some dates around holiday or event weekends we haven’t seen in the past. With the new tweaks to the event starting 12/2, I assume they’ll plow right through March offering as many dates as they see fit to do so. Just my guess though.

Past performance is not always indicative of future results, but the chart on Post 2 shows historical MK EMM dates. It ‘may’ provide a useful guide as to what we ‘may’ see March 2019.

Generally speaking, EMM date availability only continues to grow and we’re even seeing some dates around holiday or event weekends we haven’t seen in the past. With the new tweaks to the event starting 12/2, I assume they’ll plow right through March offering as many dates as they see fit to do so. Just my guess though.

Thank you for the response. I had checked the charts as well, realizing it's not a guarantee of future date offerings.
I am by no means a Disney expert, but wouldn't they be more likely to offer during busy season because people, hoping to avoid crowds, would be more inclined to pay the extra money for the ticketed event? In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my dates will open up

Thank you for the response. I had checked the charts as well, realizing it's not a guarantee of future date offerings.
I am by no means a Disney expert, but wouldn't they be more likely to offer during busy season because people, hoping to avoid crowds, would be more inclined to pay the extra money for the ticketed event? In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my dates will open up

Your logic is sound, except in truly busy seasons they often open the park at 8am or earlier... which doesn’t fit with EMM. So historicallly EMM hasn’t been offered during really busy times where 8am openings are more common. So from my perspective it’s more of a park hours relationship vs a having a big audience around to book EMM relationship.

But generally speaking if it’s not a common time for pre-9am openings, then it seems game on for EMM.

We just added a weekend at DW before our cruise and decided to do MK on 1/6. I booked EMM with the sole purpose of my kids being able to do SDMT a few times back-to-back with little wait (of course we will do the other rides, but SDMT is their favorite!). I’m going to be monitoring this thread in hopes that others who go after the changes will share they’re experiences. If waits are going to be >15 minutes, it just won’t be worth the extra $350 (on top of the $550 one day park tickets) and the hassle of getting up really early to make from AKL to MK by 7:20.

So excited for our upcoming trip and first EMM on Nov 13th.

Couple of quick questions:

1. Arrival: we are staying offsite. We are also doing the Luau that night at the poly. Not sure if we should drive to the TTC and monorail over (and just walk to the TTC after dinner later that night) or try parking (valet?) at the poly and monorailing from there (and our car will be there at the end of the night)

2. Should we plan to catch the monorail by 7?

3. Is the general thinking that we should catch a few rides on PP or WtP and then head over to 7dmt?

4. After EMM at 9:00, thinking we should head to BTMR for a couple of rides and then come back for breakfast. Is that a good idea or is it better to stay in fantasyland?

Thanks in advance!!
I can’t believe it’s almost here!

My family and I (myself, DH, and our almost 3 year old DS) attended MK EMM this morning!

We are staying at the Poly and got on the monorail a little before 7. We got our wristbands and were let into the courtyard area around 7:15. Promptly at 7:44, they allowed us into the park.

We rode PP first, followed by Pooh and the. 7DMT. After being SO excited to ride, DS hated 7DMT. So DH and I took him on Pooh or PP while the other rode 7DMT. DH got 1 more ride and I got 2 (mostly due to miscommunication about where we were meeting after one of the rides, which cost us some time).

At rope drop, we wanted to ride HM, but it was down, so we rode small world instead and then we got breakfast and continued on with our day.

This was our 2nd time at this event (the first being in May 2017). We really enjoy it and our son loves both the Pooh and PP rides, so it’s worth it to us for him to get to ride those multiple times. We also enjoy the breakfast.

I’ll be interested to read reports about the revamped event in a few months to see what people think about the value at that time!

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread lately so I’m sorry if the question has been asked/answered already, but what’s the general consensus on why they expanded EMM at MK? I can only think of a few reasons why they may have done it.
First, (and least likely in my opinion) is they wanted to draw more of the crowd away from 7DMT, as recent reports had indicated the crowd had been piling up in that queue. This wasn’t my experience but I remember reading a few of these. Second, (just a theory) the new EMM at HS may have been drawing guests away from the MK EMM. Finally, (and what I believe to be most likely) is they realize what a killing they can make by offering EMM to more guests and they want to increase the capacity while still allowing guests to feel they are getting value from it. Again, sorry if I’m rehashing an old subject.

I haven’t been keeping up with this thread lately so I’m sorry if the question has been asked/answered already, but what’s the general consensus on why they expanded EMM at MK? I can only think of a few reasons why they may have done it.
First, (and least likely in my opinion) is they wanted to draw more of the crowd away from 7DMT, as recent reports had indicated the crowd had been piling up in that queue. This wasn’t my experience but I remember reading a few of these. Second, (just a theory) the new EMM at HS may have been drawing guests away from the MK EMM. Finally, (and what I believe to be most likely) is they realize what a killing they can make by offering EMM to more guests and they want to increase the capacity while still allowing guests to feel they are getting value from it. Again, sorry if I’m rehashing an old subject.

I am thinking theory number 3. Supply and demand. Sad but true. That being said we are guilty of contributing to the demand as we are doing both MK & HS - EMM.

I am thinking theory number 3. Supply and demand. Sad but true. That being said we are guilty of contributing to the demand as we are doing both MK & HS - EMM.

I'm also afraid it's #3. I think they're opening up more attractions so they can increase admission. I can't wait to hear reviews of the new EMM. We have this booked for 1/6, but if people report longer wait times then we'll cancel, save our ~$350 and just be strategic at rope drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter