MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat, they both end at ten (emm mk and emm dhs ) and you did both events. but the start times are different. did you feel one (dhs ) was more rushed because you had less time?

Kat, they both end at ten (emm mk and emm dhs ) and you did both events. but the start times are different. did you feel one (dhs ) was more rushed because you had less time?

Nope. I felt much more rushed at MK because of the walk into the park. I mean, TSL starts at 7:27 from most reports (getting on the ride I mean) and it took us a solid 10 minutes to get to PP, plus stroller parking time so we weren’t riding our first ride until 8.

Overall, I had a better time at TSL than at MK but am still glad we did both.

Interesting that the hours for 21st and 28th of October have not been changed. Wonder why they had to cancel EMMs on that dates... Do not mind too much - got my free fast passes and even managed to book an 8am breakfast at Be Our Guest for the 21st but it is a bit strange...

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I was really hoping for the 8 am opening on 10/21 so I could move our third fast pass from late afternoon till 8 am. We are going to take a break after lunch and then come back for our third FP and dinner before MNNSHP that night. I was hoping to maximize our morning time at MK and the length of our break. I've been stalking the hours for weeks hoping to catch it just right if they changed.

The only thing I can think of is staffing issues on those days with both EMM and the Halloween party? And of course that's just a wild guess on my part.

When I'm searching for EMM (seems to be sold out right now for my dates), should I include my 2 year old as I would for an ADR, or should I just search for the number of ticketed guests?

Question: We're headed there mid-December for the "new" EMM and wondering if we'll(wife, daughter who is 4, and newborn son) will have enough time to do all 7 rides that will be open or is walking that far that fast too much to ask for the 4 year old? Bear in mind, this is my first Disney trip this millenium, so I don't have a good recall of "oh, that's right next door" or 5 minutes away or whatever. Or will we end up not doing some of the attractions which won't have much wait later too(eg Mad Tea Party, Its a Small World)

So basically you're saying you only had an hour? from 8-9. then breakfast. or a rd attraction. wow. technicallly it begins at 7:45. so fifteen minutes cut out walking/stroller parking. what time did you leave the resort in the morning? which bus?

So basically you're saying you only had an hour? from 8-9. then breakfast. or a rd attraction. wow. technicallly it begins at 7:45. so fifteen minutes cut out walking/stroller parking. what time did you leave the resort in the morning? which bus?

We took the boat over from WL we were done with check in etc before 7:30. They let everyone (PPO, EMM and random folks) in at 7:47. We had a stroller and got caught behind some slower walkers. Then we had to park the stroller behind the carousel and get to PP. It was very close to 8 before we got on PP. Then due to the stoppage in IASM, we lost the rope drop opportunity. So we decided to just eat a leisurely breakfast and headed there a few minutes after 9. So yes, for us, we really only had an hour of pure ride time.

FWIW, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but Disney does make it pretty clear in their event description that you will be let in the MK front entrance around 7:45am. They’ve consistently run it this way since inception in 2016 (and it’s one of the more consistent event complaints you read around this thread).

I think it’s important for folks to understand that some of the event time does in fact involve the walk from main entrance to Fantasyland. Unless Disney were to change opening procedures (which they haven’t for three years now), I generally think the “around 7:45pm main gate entry” setup is what folks should assess/plan on for EMM and build into their expectations for the event.

This was more or less my experience last month. We were let in at 7:48. It was 7:53 by the time we made it to Fantasyland. We are fairly fast walkers in the morning (and no stroller to park). We were the first ones on Peter Pan that morning. We were probably on the ride at 7:54, although I didn’t check. It was 7:53 as we were walking past Castle Couture. So our experience was very similar even without a stroller to push and park. In our hour and 6 minutes, we rode Peter Pan twice, SDMT 8 times, and Winnie the Pooh once. We were first in line at Fairytale Hall at park opening. We got some breakfast a little before 10:00, which was more like a mid-morning snack for us. We aren’t big breakfast eaters (and had already eaten our usual breakfast before leaving for the park) so it was more about experiencing the attractions for us.

I think it’s important for folks to understand that some of the event time does in fact involve the walk from main entrance to Fantasyland. Unless Disney were to change opening procedures (which they haven’t for three years now), I generally think the “around 7:45pm main gate entry” setup is what folks should assess/plan on for EMM and build into their expectations for the event.

It’s one of those things that I knew from reading the boards but I didn’t really get it until we experienced it first hand.

They do make up for it in a way by shortening the queue for SDMT though

It’s one of those things that I knew from reading the boards but I didn’t really get it until we experienced it first hand.

They do make up for it in a way by shortening the queue for SDMT though

And it always takes us even longer since we can’t help but stop for Main Street sort of empty pics!

FWIW, I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but Disney does make it pretty clear in their event description that you will be let in the MK front entrance around 7:45am. They’ve consistently run it this way since inception in 2016 (and it’s one of the more consistent event complaints you read around this thread).

I agree, but it would be nice to get in JUST before the PPO people, considering their reservations aren't until 8am. Even if it were only for 5 minutes. Not a complaint, just saying it would be nice. We've done the current format 3x and have had no problem doing what we want along with getting some great pictures along the way. We only want to ride Mine Train once each (we Rider Switch) and my son gets to ride Winnie Pooh a bunch of times with the parent hanging back. With the new format, it will be interesting to see if we feel more rushed. The second time we went we arrived 10 minutes late due to the bus situation and still had no problem accomplishing what we wanted to. I think with this new format, it will be less about getting in multiple rides per attraction and just getting them all in (including meeting the princesses).

DH and I booked the first "new" EMM on 12/2. We've never done EMM before. We are also wondering if we will have enough time to do all seven attractions.
I think so, but it think you will have to be strategic in how you plan it. If you want to meet the princesses, I would start with them first. I'm basing this only off of TSL, since we really have nothing else to go on. We also plan to save IASW for last since it is a long one. We tend to head to Haunted Mansion after rope drop, so going there should be easy. But you will be a guinea pig for sure. Be sure to report back. We go 12/11.

That's exactly what I was thinking! So do people participating in EMM do that, stop first for pics on quiet main street and is it worth the extra few minutes to do so? They really should let people into the hub area between 7:30 to 7:45.

Frustrated and looking for advice. We are at Disney now and attended Early Morning Magic on Sunday. It was “okay”. The problem is that a cast member really put a damper on the morning for us. We arrived at about 7:20 so we could be towards the front of the pack. As we headed towards the Adventureland side with everyone else, a CM told us and another family that all EMM people had to check in on the opposite side. So we walk across to the crowds to Tomorrowland only to be turned back around and go to the back of the line we were at the front of before. The other family stopped to say something to the CM, and we couldn’t hear, but she visibly just shrugged and pointed them to the back of the line too. It’s hard to say how much time it really cost us, but I would say at least 15-20 minutes. Which is a lot in an event that costs approximately $1 a minute. I didn’t say anything then because I didn’t want to waste any more time. And then I didn’t do anything because I have no proof of anything, but it really left a bitter taste for me. They only had two or three CMs out there directing traffic, so those 3 should be well informed. Is there any recourse at this point or do I need to “let it go”?

Frustrated and looking for advice. We are at Disney now and attended Early Morning Magic on Sunday. It was “okay”. The problem is that a cast member really put a damper on the morning for us. We arrived at about 7:20 so we could be towards the front of the pack. As we headed towards the Adventureland side with everyone else, a CM told us and another family that all EMM people had to check in on the opposite side. So we walk across to the crowds to Tomorrowland only to be turned back around and go to the back of the line we were at the front of before. The other family stopped to say something to the CM, and we couldn’t hear, but she visibly just shrugged and pointed them to the back of the line too. It’s hard to say how much time it really cost us, but I would say at least 15-20 minutes. Which is a lot in an event that costs approximately $1 a minute. I didn’t say anything then because I didn’t want to waste any more time. And then I didn’t do anything because I have no proof of anything, but it really left a bitter taste for me. They only had two or three CMs out there directing traffic, so those 3 should be well informed. Is there any recourse at this point or do I need to “let it go”?

There are CMs with signs out near the turnstiles. It's always been pretty clear that you have to head all the way to the left for ADR check in. I'm guessing when you say "side" you mean left or right at the main entrance?

I found the EMM CMs to be pretty grumpy, too. As a matter of fact it still bugs me. I know it is difficult to let things like that go. It never hurts to send an email to Guest Services and let them know about your experience. I don't know what you want when you mention "recourse."

I don’t do it often, but on occasion I’ve sent an email to Guest Relations about various experiences.... both positive and negative. It never hurts to send them your thoughts if you feel inclined.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

I would send an email just to voice your complaint. I did so after the first MNSSHP where it felt oversold and was not what we had experienced in the past. I clearly wrote that I was not looking for compensation, that we were happy to pay for things when the value was there, but with the increased crowds, it no longer was. I had a nice CM call me a few days later, ask me questions about our experience and I felt like I was being heard. Again I was pleasant and wasn't looking for anything in return, but I wanted my concerns on record. At the very least, it made me feel better. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter