MK Dessert Party 3rd/4th July

leiaorgana

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone had any idea why neither the Terrace View or the Plaza view haven’t been made bookable for either of these dates yet?

I’m pretty sure I haven’t missed booking one of them because I’ve been religiously stalking the website several times a day for the Terrace view on the 4th since the 180 mark but both dates have never changed from grey to blue meaning to me that they haven’t been loaded into the system yet. I book the party for the 4th every year and there’s normally a week – to 2 weeks max delay in loading them because for some reason they always get added after the 180 days mark but that hasn't happened this year.

I’m starting to get a bit concerned that either a private party has hired it out for the night or that maybe Disney are going to do an even more expensive upsell Holiday party for it this year. It just seems weird to me that neither view can be booked for either day but all the dates after then can and I haven’t seen anyone else talking about it on here.

If anyone has any information they could share with me about it I’d be very appreciative as it's the last thing I need to sort out for our trip. Thanks.

I waited quite a bit past 180 days to book mine for March. I think it was about two months after. It seems that they are slow loading many dates lately, even for regular TS restaurants.

All of the dates surrounding 7/3 and 7/4 have been bookable for a while but those two pages have not been made available. I am thinking a more expensive event or something patriotic themed. We did the dessert party on 7/3 last year and it was just the regular dessert party...but maybe they are planning something new this year.

All of the dates surrounding 7/3 and 7/4 have been bookable for a while but those two pages have not been made available. I am thinking a more expensive event or something patriotic themed. We did the dessert party on 7/3 last year and it was just the regular dessert party...but maybe they are planning something new this year.

This is exactly what I was thinking too. I hope they aren't though becuase it's expensive enough as it but after doing the party the last couple of years for the 4th I couldn't imagine watching the fireworks any other way so I guess I'll be paying whatever the price they make it.

I just wondered if anyone had actually heard anything like this or knew why they haven't been made bookable yet or if someone has actually been able to book it already and I'm just being dopey.

Just an update on this:

I asked them about it on Thursday when I was booking the Caring For Giants tour for our upcoming trip and the lady I spoke to went out of her way to try and find out for me what is going on with it but in the end she just told me that there was nothing on the calendar for it atm and they didn't know what they were doing with it this year yet and to just keep checking back, which doesn't really sound promising. I guess I'll just take her advice and keep checking for it daily then.

Thanks for the update, i have been waiting for 3rd July as well. I also called to book Caring for Giants this week and was told its becoming quite a popular tour. I forgot to ask about the dessert party though!

Just wondering if anyone had any updates or have heard anything new about what's going on with this? I've noticed several dates at the end of August and the beginning of September are greyed out for both parties too.

I've been stalking 7/3 since my 180+10 day mark too. I know they held them last year over the 3rd and 4th. I'm guessing the greyed out dates in September coincide with MNSSHP dates. We could speculate that the greyed out August dates indicate an even earlier start for the parties this year. Hard to say.

Any updates?

Still not heard anything about the parties this year and no one really seems to be talking about it so I'm starting to get a bit concerned on whether they're actually going to do them this year. I'm considering emailing Guest Services to see if they can shed some light on what's going on but I doubt they'll reveal anything even if they do know. Has anyone else tried to get in touch with them about this recently?

Still nothing as of yesterday. The times for fireworks are not on the schedule. Maybe that's the hold up

I decided to join another family on a fireworks cruise on 7/3. There are still 2 spots in the boat if you want to hop on board with us. Message @bobbiwoz if you want details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter