MK closing at 6pm Thur-Sun Sept 6-9? [Solved, see Post #22]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Joes

Mouseketeer
According to the Disney website they have MK closing at 6 each night from Thursday September 6 to Sunday September 9. An error? What could be going on? It seems unlikely that they would have a party night that often.

I can see a possibility of at least two parties in there, however, it's way too early for parks hours to be finalized yet. They change hours all the time, up until about a week out sometimes.

UPDATE: See Post #18 for actual dates as some of this speculation was off.

My speculation is that Friday 9/7 and Saturday 9/8 will be Night of Joy dates, but I don’t think they have been officially announced yet so big caveat there.

The Thursday 9/6 and Sunday 9/9 dates will in all likelihood be MNSSHP dates. MNSSHP has been on the Thursday and Sunday surrounding NOJ the last two years.

NOJ used to be a hard ticket event at the MK where it would close early that Friday and Saturday night. They did NOT do this in 2016 and 2017, instead all the events were held at WWoS.

So my speculation is....

1) Friday 9/7 and Saturday 9/8 will be NOJ nights and perhaps they are moving back to making it a MK ticketed event.

2) Those dates could just be a random placeholder by Disney that will get adjusted later (has certainly happened before).

3) Thursday 9/6 and Sunday 9/9 will be MNSSHP nights. (High degree of certainty here)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Thanks GA! I was going to go to MK on the Thursday but might do the Friday now for EMH and hop mid-afternoon. Does anyone know if MK is similar crowd wise to a party night for Night of Joy?

Whew I am glad we can do HEA on the front end of our trip with all those early closings. What's up with the NOJ fireworks? Are they different?

If they really do close at 6 PM four nights in a row, that kind of stinks. I went to Night of Joy back in 2007 and it was in MK back then, but the Halloween parties didn't start that year until September 14, after NoJ was finished. I will be there for a week beginning the Saturday before Labor Day, and now it looks like out of 8 nights, we will have at least 4 that take MK out of our evening plans due NoJ and the Halloween parties. That's kind of a let down. I feel like if they are going to have the Halloween parties start so early, then NoJ should be in another park if they decide to bring it back to the parks.

We go to Disney cause it "was" the most magical place on Earth. You could actually feel your stress melt away and feel like a child. We are lucky to be able to do this frequently and often and can afford it, but what we look for is the magic. With the corporate grab of Disney magic that has been going over the past few years, we feel it is less magical all the time. From the "planning stress" to the "full all the time" issues and now the "double pay like a double taxation" events, it is becoming more of a non unique entertainment than the magical experience we love.
This is a perspective from people who can actually afford these stupid paid events, but choose not to. Unfortunately, as long as we (collectively) keep on feeding these "extras", Disney the corporation will keep on consuming Disney the dream.
Just my 2 cents. I still love the dream and always will, but seems like I am slowly waking up.

If accurate, and excluding our arrival, for only 3 out of our 8 nights would MK be open late. If we didn't have hoppers and did not rope drop I would be angry. Now we will adjust and just hop in at night once for the craziness to see fireworks and go on party days.

Two families we know are going for less days around the same time for their first trip. They cannot afford more than a couple park days and will be impacted by this.

Park hours are only available through September 3, 2018, anything beyond that date is speculation at this point and subject to change.

Park hours are only available through September 3, 2018, anything beyond that date is speculation at this point and subject to change.

Just FYI, it’s not entirely speculation, you can see 10 days in advance by doing the below on the Disney website:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Doing so gives you the ability to see park hours through 9/13 (as of today), which is where the OP is getting their info regarding 6pm closings that weekend.

Obviously all park hours that far in advance are subject to change, especially with Disney’s trend of not updating them until much closer to the month in question lately.

Just FYI, it’s not entirely speculation, you can see 10 days in advance by doing the below on the Disney website:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Doing so gives you the ability to see park hours through 9/13 (as of today), which is where the OP is getting their info regarding 6pm closings that weekend.

Obviously all park hours that far in advance are subject to change, especially with Disney’s trend of not updating them until much closer to the month in question lately.

That's correct you can, however the reason it's not appearing like normal is that the hours have been pulled for changes. So what was there previous isn't necessarily going to be there once the calendar returns.

I'm glad I found this thread. I'm sitting here making my ADR's and wondering what the heck was up. Out of my weeklong trip there is only 1 day MK is open late. It was going to be on a much needed "pool day" but now it looks like I'm going to have to move things around. *Sigh*

Same here. I'll be checking the hours for changes but just in case, I'm going to work on a "Plan B"

I am told they announced Halloween party dates?

Yep!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...dom-park/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q1wo0315180321180025C

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Dates
  • August 17, 24, 28, 31
  • September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
  • October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dates
  • November 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30
  • December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts