• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK closed today at 9:45 am?

Yes, that is very true. AK also was full today. MK was reopened by 2 pm, although the parking lots of MK and MGM were full, and Epcot only had about 1/3 of its Create lot left to fill when we left at 3 pm.

Looks like good times for WDW are here again!:bounce:

Due to the crowds that have been at AK since Saturday, they added a 6:30 Festival of the Lion King show for today and tomorrow.

Originally posted by lisalisa4040
I heard that the magic kingdom closed today at 9:45 am. Is there any truth to this?

Closed to more guests, yes, closed period, no.

HOLY COW!!!!! I'm so glad we're not going for another week!!!! (Did I REALLY say I'm glad we're not there NOW????--I AM losing it!!)

Yesterday we went to Phase 2 for about 30 min.

Phase 1- Normal operation.
Phase 2- Parking lot closes. If you aren't parked or if you don't have a ticket already, you can't get in.
Phase 3- Resort Guests only.
Phase 4- Full Close.

I'm curious...with MK closing at 9:45am, how many people would have to be in the park? What were the ride wait times? i just can't imagine how crowded it must have been. ::MinnieMo

Safari Steve,
You mentioned Phase 3 as "resort guests only". Does that mean if you go to enter WDW and it is closed, you can still get in if you have your resort ID with you??

Boy, I'm glad I do BEFORE Christmas!! :hyper:

I just read on a website that Magic Kingdom has capacity for 100,000 people, however, they close the parkings after they reach 75,000 people, because the buses are still running.::MinnieMo

We arrived at MK around 11:00 yesterday, by monorail from the Poly. It was mobbed! I was surprised by the standby waits. A lot of them were long, for example 80 minutes for Buzz & Space MT, but I would have expected a lot longer judging by the people.

We were able to get a FP for Buzz, ride TTA, then do TSI(barely a wait for the raft). Walking from Tomorrowland to TSI took forever though. People everywhere! Then we took the train back to Toon Town and walked to Tomorrowland. We rode Buzz with our FP, then did TTA again(my kids LOVE this ride). We then got icecream and easily found seats(those yellow ones near the Plaza,I think its called) and watched the parde with an obstrucected view from there. Then we had to leave. It was neat to see it that crowded, but if I were there wanting to get stuff done, I dont think Id like it too much. ;) We just went back 1 more time to hang out before our flight.

A guest told me yesterday that she read on a website that MK capacity is "650,000" LOL! ... While I can not give the actual number, it is considerably less than that.
Phase 3 means resort guests and AP/PAP only. If you are staying at a resort, you can get in... I don't know how else to say that...
Phase 4 is complete closure. Each of the parks has its own capacity and will close independently of the others.

*Edit*
MK Phase 2 @ 10am. Probably approaching 3.

The local news said that MK and DAk were at capacity for the last 3 days. (28, 29, 30)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter