MK Area Table Service Dinner with kids

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
We are heading to WDW this August and have one night we are unsure where to eat. We (myself, wife, girls 10 & 8) will be at the MK in the evening so anything in the MK area the kids would enjoy is what we are looking for.

Thought about Chef Mickey’s or Crystal Palace, but kids are getting older so novelty of character meals is waning.

Right now we are leaning to Skipper Canteen since we have CRT for breakfast another day HDDR another night and Liberty Tree for dinner our last night. We will be on the complimentary Disney dining plan staying at Yacht Club.

Thoughts?

Skipper Canteen is our go-to TS in MK. The atmosphere is fun, yet understated and the food and service are good. My DS11 has also outgrown character meals, so Skipper's works for him. If you would like to leave the park to eat, consider Whispering Canyon at WL. The food and service are good and the antics would probably appeal more to kids who have outgrown character meals, but may still be bored at a regular TS. It's my DS11's favorite.

1900 Park Fare would be a great choice, especially on the DDP.

The step sisters and Lady Tremaine are great. Truly fun. Your DDs can really have fun with them.

The food there is great. Be sure to try the strawberry bisque!

If you are looking for a character meal, Chrystal palace (Winnie the Poo) or 1900 Park Fare are good.
Otherwise, another vote for Skipper Canteen. we really enjoy eating there. The experience can vary some depending on your server.

Skippers Canteen is a solid choice. The food is great and service fun. We've found that appetizers are their sweet spot. Inside the park we also enjoy The Plaza. Its nothing fancy, but good sandwiches and ice cream at prices that aren't much more than you'd pay at a counter service place.

If you want to leave the park, one of our favorites is Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. You can take the boat from MK, which is a great ride, and while their food certainly isn't the best bbq you'll ever find it is very good. Plus they have a ton of fun antics that my daughter (7) absolutely loves.

Would also consider Storybook Dining at the Wilderness. A short boatride. Its the new Snow White Character meal. Haven't done it yet, but the reviews have been very positive.

We are heading to WDW this August and have one night we are unsure where to eat. We (myself, wife, girls 10 & 8) will be at the MK in the evening so anything in the MK area the kids would enjoy is what we are looking for.

Thought about Chef Mickey’s or Crystal Palace, but kids are getting older so novelty of character meals is waning.

Right now we are leaning to Skipper Canteen since we have CRT for breakfast another day HDDR another night and Liberty Tree for dinner our last night. We will be on the complimentary Disney dining plan staying at Yacht Club.

Thoughts?
What about Ohana at Polynesian? It’s a quick monorail ride over.

Once you step out of MK, there's quality TS food all around you at the various resort hotels.

Geyser's Point at Wilderness Lodge was our discovery for last trip. Liked it so much we went back twice. Great scenery, transport to the site via water from MK, nice burgers, interesting small plates/appetizers and the black cherry mules made the adults happy. We ate in the lounge for the TS over the QS.
The man was so relaxed after eating there he allowed himself to join me on the 7 Dwarfs mine train ride; he's not a thrillist so this was totally out of character, LOL.

FWIW, skip Crystal Palace. I was just there last week and it's really lackluster. Too busy and the food is honestly not that good or interesting. We went there based on the sentimentality of the character meals from when my kids were younger but now, not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!