MK 9am opening: what time does security start if walking from BLT?

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!

We are staying at BLT next week (standard room came through on my waitlist! Can't believe it). Our MK day the park opens at 9am...what time will security start screening? We are up early so would like to walk over as soon as we are able to.

Thank you! Excited to see where our standard room ends up being!

We were there the week of Oct 12th and were able to leave BLT a few minutes after 8am, and were in the park by 8:20 - one morning, before 9am, we rode 7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise and at 9am were walking onto Pirates...and then walked to Splash, that was a 15 min wait and then headed to Big Thunder - it was awesome!!

Hi, we came back a week ago from Bay Lake. Love it there! I'm not exactly the time security started, but some of the mornings before they started, the line would be to the traffic light. Once it got moving it did go pretty quickly. We usually left BL around 8:15, or I would suggest a little earlier. The lines for the rides by around 10:30 were long, so I do suggest go to the rides you really want to go on when you get in to the park. Also, in the afternoon, there would be lines to get into the shops as well. Disney I think handled everything fantastic, from the quick entry into the park (no more finger scan), the parks and resort was spotless! Always saw staff cleaning the high touch areas. We went to Universal for a few days at the end of the trip, and their lines were ridiculous to get in-they did the finger scan, and it never worked the first time, so entry into the parks took some time. At Disney, we would get in early, hit some rides, then have an early lunch, and then walk around and hit the shops. That's another suggestion-eat lunch early if you can. All in all it was busy, but we had a fantastic time, and it's definitely manageable! We were in a 1 bedroom and I requested the marina view, and that's exactly what we got, beautiful view, enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!