Mixing Business with Disney: Who's attending Microsoft Ignite 2018?

Scratch that, found the answer to my question.

I'm heading down for my first Ignite this year. Looking forward to everything there!

Last edited:
Last year they split the crowd between the two parks. If you prefer Universal, get there EARLY. Our cousin was in Universal, we arrived right at the announced entry time and coming through City Walk they directed us to islands of Adventure. Not complaining, I love both equally <3

Last year they split the crowd between the two parks. If you prefer Universal, get there EARLY. Our cousin was in Universal, we arrived right at the announced entry time and coming through City Walk they directed us to islands of Adventure. Not complaining, I love both equally <3
Was the Hogwarts express running? Could you move from park to park?

Hogwarts Express was running when it was not broke down last year. All beverages are free, including Butter Beer! Can't wait for this year. We will be at the Animal Kingdom on Sunday the 23rd again.

Hogwarts Express was running when it was not broke down last year. All beverages are free, including Butter Beer! Can't wait for this year. We will be at the Animal Kingdom on Sunday the 23rd again.

Ahhhh. I guess that’s why they were blocking the entrance when we walked by.

You weren't able to go from park to park? Limited to just one?

This will be my first "Ignite" any tips for attending the actual conference?
Wear comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking, and it takes 25 minutes to cross OCCC from one end to another.
Work on your calendar with map in hand to figure out best strategies for movement.
Plan on wireless network being unreliable.
Take restroom breaks at any time other than during session breaks.
Take care of your registration and materials on Sunday.

Wear comfortable shoes - there will be a lot of walking, and it takes 25 minutes to cross OCCC from one end to another.
Work on your calendar with map in hand to figure out best strategies for movement.
Plan on wireless network being unreliable.
Take restroom breaks at any time other than during session breaks.
Take care of your registration and materials on Sunday.
Great Tips!! Lots of walking..

I believe Ignite is the combination of what was once two separate Microsoft Conventions. Does this mean the total head count is MUCH higher now?
Were the part night crowd large for the duration of the time?

Anyone know of any park discounts.. My last time was when it was TechEd in 2012.. And there was a GREAT discount for universal for the Friday of the event.. as well as a page to get discounted Disney tickets.. Not a huge discount on the Disney ones.. but something is something.. right? :)

When I went in 2012 I was able to get into Universal the last day of the converance (it ends early on the Friday) and it was $35 for the day.. As it was not a traditional vacation time, and it was a school day the park was nearly empty.. it was GREAT.. :)

They did merge one user forum / conference into Ignite, so there was an incremental increase in attendance because of that. But overall participation and the size of the conference grew in the past couple of years. Last year's Ignite had 20k attendees, and OCCC, despite its size, was quite crowded. In the past years, TechEd conference used to occupy just the West, or just the North-South wing of OCCC, last year's conference spanned both.

They did merge one user forum / conference into Ignite, so there was an incremental increase in attendance because of that. But overall participation and the size of the conference grew in the past couple of years. Last year's Ignite had 20k attendees, and OCCC, despite its size, was quite crowded. In the past years, TechEd conference used to occupy just the West, or just the North-South wing of OCCC, last year's conference spanned both.
Our attendance was 11k and they are expecting 23k this year.. and I thought it was a lot of walking when I went :). I suppose I can stand to lose a few pounds :)

Our attendance was 11k and they are expecting 23k this year.. and I thought it was a lot of walking when I went :). I suppose I can stand to lose a few pounds :)
If I remember correctly, 2012 was the year when they used the North-South building, with an exhibit / dining floorspace in between North and South. It was a fairly long walk from one end to another - but last year's arrangement had people running between West and South over the walkway, with some sessions at the midpoint of that walkway, in Hyatt Regency. I don't believe they used the North rooms for sessions, but the exhibit space between the two was still fully utilized. They did set up two dining areas (in both West and South buildings), as well as multiple keynote viewing spaces. Something else they had last year (carried over from prior year as well) is a viewing area with a dozen presentations going in parallel - you could pick up a receiver with headphones, and listen to some of the popular sessions from there, instead of schlepping across the entire convention center facility.

Worry not, unlimited food at Universal will fix that issue right up.

Worry not, unlimited food at Universal will fix that issue right up.
I behaved with the food.. but it was my first time in a LONG time to be at Universal.. so I made be line to the rides I wanted.. I will admit I was one of THOSE guys at the water cannons at the end of the Dudly doo-right ride.. I think I will resist that part this time.. :)
I will make sure I come hungry this time..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!