Mixing Business with Disney: Who's attending Microsoft Ignite 2018?

This will be my 3rd Ignite. Last year MS announced the attendee celebration party at Universal on July 12. Hoping an announcement will be coming soon for this year. My wife will be flying down Wednesday and joining me for the party Thursday. Party at Disney would be awesome but I feel like Universal is a bit more suited to what MS is looking for. Also, they wouldn’t throw a party without alcohol. I know Magic Kingdom started selling beer in some restaurants but I haven’t seen it in street carts. Last years party at Universal had beer available from tables every few steps.

I moved to Pop Century. Anyone want to car pool to the conference from Disney property?

I moved to Pop Century. Anyone want to car pool to the conference from Disney property?
I was hoping to see a disney hotel on the list of partner hotels.. as if memory serves all those listed in registration have transportation to the Ignite conference and the party.. Might try to do without a rental car this time.

I'll be mixing Disney, Universal and Microsoft for the:

Microsoft Ignite 2018 Conference
Sept 23rd - 28th
Anyone else going? I could see some ride sharing possibilities...

I'm booked into the Hard Rock Universal.

I am booked at the Hard Rock too and I will have a car, so if you need transportation some days look me up.

I am booked at the Hard Rock too and I will have a car, so if you need transportation some days look me up.
I decided against a car, I'm thinking Lyft'ing around will be easier than finding parking but if I'm wrong I'll come begging for a ride.

PS: Welcome to the boards, there is a lot of good info here if you are planning to visit Universal or WDW.

Have they made the announcement yet?
Don't want to miss out on companion passes again this year
(although I was gifted an unused attendee pass)

Have they made the announcement yet?
Don't want to miss out on companion passes again this year
(although I was gifted an unused attendee pass)
Someone asked about companion passes on Twitter and MS replied that they are sold out and they won’t be releasing any more. Haven’t seen an announcement yet on the party location.

Someone asked about companion passes on Twitter and MS replied that they are sold out and they won’t be releasing any more. Haven’t seen an announcement yet on the party location.

Seriously?? The whole convention itself isn’t even sold out yet. It was for this year? For sure? :(

The venue was announced earlier than this last year..
Not sure if you know.. but Mickey's not so scary is the Friday of the conference.. Tempted.. When I was in orlando in 2012 for TechEd.. they had a SWEET deal for a one day pass to universal. I hope they have something similar..
Ryguy (also our nickname for our son Ryan).. that is an impressive list in your signature.. We have done the Fantasy and the Dream for the ships thus far.. and far less nice hotels than your list.. :)

The venue was announced earlier than this last year..
Not sure if you know.. but Mickey's not so scary is the Friday of the conference.. Tempted.. When I was in orlando in 2012 for TechEd.. they had a SWEET deal for a one day pass to universal. I hope they have something similar..
Ryguy (also our nickname for our son Ryan).. that is an impressive list in your signature.. We have done the Fantasy and the Dream for the ships thus far.. and far less nice hotels than your list.. :)
I'm doing MNSSHP on Tuesday. I thought about the Horror Nights at Universal but decided that much horror is just not my thing.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if "unlimited" drinks includes butterbeer. If so I could be in trouble. I love that stuff.
I was thinking the same thing. It says unlimited food "from food trucks to sidewalk bars to themed dining venues" so I'm thinking yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter