Mister Kirk GONE from BOulder RIdge, Concierge removed

boferguson

Earning My Ears
This may not mean much to many of you, but in advance of our trip "home" to Copper Creek next week, I exchanged emails with the managers of Wilderness Lodge and got some very disappointing news. The concierge desk at Boulder Ridge has been removed, and Mr Kirk is no longer stationed anywhere at Wilderness Lodge. I know his name has been mentioned on these boards a few times, but in a universe of amazing Disney cast members, Mr Kirk was by far the most helpful, friendly, and enjoyable of any I've met. He devoted significant time to reviewing our plans on several different trips, suggested multiple improvements, helped with reservations and fastpasses, and even gave us a little fairy dust on occasion.

Management told me that now they've trained all their front desk staff to serve as concierges, but there's no way they will ever replicate the experience we got from Kirk.

While I know it's perfectly within their rights to remove this feature, I do think it degrades the experience of staying at Wilderness Lodge just a little bit for us. We chose a DVC membership at Copper Creek after staying at Boulder Ridge on a cash reservation. It was after the incredible attention Mr Kirk gave us on that trip that we thought we'd be crazy not to buy at this resort. While it remains a strong favorite for many other reasons, I will certainly miss this aspect of our trip to WL going forward.

Did any of you have experiences with Mr Kirk? Does anyone else have any information about this transition? I've tried to find out where he was relocated to, but to date I have not received a response from management. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

That is a shame. I know that he was an asset at Boulder Ridge. We had the pleasure of speaking with him on our last trip there.

I posted in the other thread (Copper Creek thread) but he was working at BWV in November 2019. He was working the front check in area directing you were to go based on requests. He wonderfully remembered my single interaction with him 1 year prior. His level of service is a main driver for buying CCV (he did a lot to show me around WL when I was thinking).

We had 3 interactions with him at Boardwalk back in October. We had a few complicated situations to handle and he made them seem like a breeze. When we first got to the desk he pulled out an endless ribbon of Mickey stickers for my daughter, instructing her that she had an important job to count them forward and backwards, then by twos, to double check, etc. It was hilarious and kept her busy the whole time we were at the counter. He is a master in customer service! I believe he said he also works at Beach Club!

Mr. Kirk is our favorite cast member, we have written several commendations to management about his Disney spirit and guest interactions. Yes he is now at the Boardwalk and we are looking forward to seeing him next week.

:earsboy: Bill

Worth noting.... Kirk pioneered the concept of a Concierge at BRV. He built the whole thing up by himself.
We believe Kirk is at BWV, post BRV Management purge.

In all our trips to BRV (and even VWL), we've never seen anyone at that desk. We bought VWL before it opened.

OMG, thank you so much. I could not remember his name from our June trip where I wanted to commend him for the job he did for us. He was tremendous at the Boardwalk front desk. Helped us out with a room request for my son with epilepsy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter