Mississippi campground recomendations

Uncledave54

Earning My Ears
Ok all you southern gents, and ladies too! Lol, please advise if possible.

Have any of you been to the Okatoma RV resort in Hattiesburg?
https://okatomaresort.com/
If so, what are your thought on it?

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
I've only stayed at Paul B Johnson state park in that area. While I am familiar with Hattiesburg (I got my BSN and MSN from Southern Miss) I don't have first hand knowledge of that particular CG.

The closest I’ve stayed is Paradise ranch in Tylertown, about an hour away. It’s a neat campground. They have some pigs and herd of big deer wandering around.

and a big pool (they call it a lagoon) with lots of areas for kids and adults in it. And a zip line into the pool. If, of course, the pool is open due to coronavirus

And if you’re a history person, Grand Gulf Military park near Port Gibson is really cool. Though not near Hattiesburg. Lots of late 1800s buildings, wagons, a civil war cemetery and a museum. And an old submarine.

also near a large Natchez Indian mound site, along the Natchez trace in general.

and some awesome fried chicken at the old country store in Lorman Ms (a buffet, so again no idea about Corona’s effect on it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!