• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space.....??????

Jon99

DIS Veteran
Though a little nervous going on this ride, I found it to be great.. But what creates that feeling???

If I tell you, you'll throw up....

You are actually in a centrifuge, spinning around at the speed of light.

But don't worry and don't be alarmed by all the warnings. We have 2 in our party who get car sick and they both did fine. In fact we were so geared up -- it was almost anticlimatic! But fun. Try it :sunny:

I personally felt very queasy on this ride. But my DD & DS loved Mission Space!! My son is even timid of fast rides and he wanted to do this one again and again. No one else felt sick except for me.:wave2: :wave2:

Originally posted by Jon99
Though a little nervous going on this ride, I found it to be great.. But what creates that feeling???

It is a centrifuge developed by NASA it spins almost as fast as the ones they use to train for Space.

and although someone here said ignore the warnings, I think that people who have issues REALLY need to pay attention to the warnings.
People in perfect health may be ok but it is foolhardy to reassure EVERYONE that it is just fine.

What is it like? Are there any roller-coaster like drops? Do you go up high? Or are you stationary? (Can you tell I don't like heights and sudden drops?)

I rode it Saturday and Sunday. I have no idea what it does. I know when the ride starts I have a hard time breathing through my nose, both times had to breath through my mouth for the first 30 seconds or so. My son (12), nephew (6) and BIL did not have this problem.

WE rode Mission Space three weeks ago, was a awesome ride. I do not like coaster, so I did not know what to expect. Do not ride this if you have just ate, Wife rode after lunch, came out looking like five shades of green. My 10 year old daughter and I rode this on early entry day, first thing before breakfast, we did ok. Only thing I did not like was being in small enclosed place.. We will ride MS again in Aug........

I was also alittle leary after hearing all the stories people had after riding it but I finally rode it 2 weeks ago and it wasn't that bad. It took me a few minutes to get the normal feeling back (alittle dizzy but not too bad) after it but other than that it was more then I expected. I would definitely not ride this one after eating I think that's where most people go wrong. But all and all it was a great ride.

Am I the only one that sees the words "Mission Space" and feels sick to my stomach? I love roller coasters, tea cups, drops, etc. and this ride kicked my booty. My husband got a huge laugh and thought that seeing me white as a sheet was the best part of the trip. I wish I was one of those people that loved it. I'm glad I did it, but never again.

We did it last year. Didn't loose it but you should focus on the screen as they tell you. Not sure if I will do it again this year - and I will go on anything (except spinning rides of course).

I've ALMOST gone on Mission Space a few times. ;)
I'm sure my husband would ride it but I chicken out every time we get there.
Last time we were there, we got a Fastpass for it. I was sure I was going to go on Mission Space that day!
When we went back at our designated time, one of those paramedic golf carts was just arriving to take someone away. :eek:
Maybe next time. ;)

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter