Mission Space

glocon

DIS Veteran
I'm going to WDW with my adult son, and had a question about MS. If we get in line together and then I go to the green side and he does the orange, will we likely get off the ride at about the same time, and also, how long is it from where the line separates to green and orange is it til getting off the ride?
I've only done MS once (orange- won't make that mistake again) and just don't know.
Thanks all!

They are completely separate queues from start to finish so whether you will get off at the same time depends on wait times. If you both have FP, green will be done quicker by about 5-10 minutes.

Is green quicker because less people do it, or is it a different "experience" altogether?

There's simply no way of knowing who will get off first or if you will get off at roughly the same time. Based on experience, green goes faster because less people tend to line up for it, but I've also been there when they've had technical issues which can delay the ride. There are plenty of places near MS to sit and wait for anyone whose ride is taking longer.

As mentioned they are totally different lines and ques as well as ride experiences. I would not count on being done at the same time. I would set a meeting location before going on the ride.

As other posters have noted, there’s no way to know. A few days ago, my DH and I went to the green side, 10 minute wait posted in stand-by. At the same time, my sister and her husband went to the orange side, 15 minute wait posted for stand-by. No delay for the ride but when we exited the building, they were waiting for us.

As others have explained, the queues are different. You will tell the CM at the entrance which side you want to do. The lines are side-by-side for a bit, but depending on how many people are in each, you may not be next to each other. Green is less popular, but the experience is the same length. Green is likely to go much faster. Also note that your son must be at least 7 years old to ride on his own. He will also likely be seated in the pod with another group. The ride dumps into an interactive play and games area, so you can meet up there. It's up to you if you are comfortable with that.

Lol- my son is 21 so ok to leave by himself, tho pretty girls beware...
I just got so sick- thought I would have to use the “motion sickness bag”- so never again orange side for me. But I think he would like orange.

Lol- my son is 21 so ok to leave by himself, tho pretty girls beware...
I just got so sick- thought I would have to use the “motion sickness bag”- so never again orange side for me. But I think he would like orange.

Oh well, in that case I wouldn't worry too much. Just go on Green and he can go on Orange. Adults can play the video game thing in the Advanced Training Lab at the end, so just kill some time there while you wait.

Just talked to my dr. Asked for scopolamine patches. He said zofran better so getting a script for that... maybe I’ll try orange again!

Just talked to my dr. Asked for scopolamine patches. He said zofran better so getting a script for that... maybe I’ll try orange again!

One thing you want to make sure to do is to always face forward. If you turn your head, that's when it really hits you. I'll also advise, that Orange Team only spins at high speeds a total of three times during the ride (takeoff, lunar slingshot, Mars entry - each time for about 10 seconds). The rest of the time you are not feeling the extra g-forces that the ride creates. So, if you are prepared for those instances, it may help you. Good luck!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter