• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission Space - non-spinning simulator?

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
Is there a sim that does not "spin"...?

Maybe I dreamt it, but thought I read somewhere that there was one that did not move...maybe its the StarTours/Body Wars that I'm thinking of...any help is appreciated!!:D

No, unfortunately for many there are no non spinning simulators on Mission Space.

Some of the simulators have non-moving seats but Mission:Space is not one of them. Good idea, though! It would lose all of the intensity, but at least everyone could see what's going on in there.

Originally posted by eeyore0062
No, unfortunately for many there are no non spinning simulators on Mission Space.

Yes, quite unfortunate. I rode Mission Space last week, and nearly lost my lunch. For the rest of the day I felt queasy and disoriented. Ah well, live and learn. :o

have to send DH on it - before the kids and I go!!!:crazy:

Originally posted by mbb
have to send DH on it - before the kids and I go!!!:crazy:

So you are using your DH as your test guineapig for you and the DKs

Originally posted by CdnDisneyNut
So you are using your DH as your test guineapig for you and the DKs

Yep.

;) ;)

:sunny:

When they say, keep your head still and your eyes forward, they mean it. Don't move your head keep your eyes forward and you will be fine. The ones that suffer are generally ( I said generally here, I don't need to hear about the exceptions) the ones that move their heads or eyes.

I hear some people love this ride and that's great for them. BUT...if you get motion sickness easily or are claustrophobic, DON"T RIDE.::MinnieMo

Mission space isn't as bad as some people make out IMHO. I get very travel sick very easily and my friend is claustrophobic. We both rode MS this year and would ride it again. I always wear my travel sickness wrist bands when I go on any rides so these help with the sickness. My friend said she was OK with her claustrophobia as she had something to look at and concentrate on (the screen in front of you.) When we rode my friend chickened out at the last minute so I had to look at his screen at points during the ride. I don't think this made me fel any worse. I did feel a little queezy when I came off, but even the busses at WDW make me feel like that!! Like I said I get very travel sick. But given 10 minutes I was back to normal. I would recommend trying the ride at least once.

I agree with the claustrophobic part but not the motion sickness part. My mother gets sick at anything like this and did just fine at Mission: Space. The key is she did just as instructed - kept her head back and her eyes straight ahead. Granted, she said she'd never ride it again but she didn't get sick. :earsgirl:

When my wife and I were at WDW in August, we both rode together the first time, it made her sick, but she gets motion sickness, not too easy, but she's the type that has to be in the front seat of the car with the vents pointed at her face and blowing cool air. On my second ride on Mission Space I was alone and was too busy flipping switches and pushing buttons to really worry about getting sick. I feel bad for the people who get sick on it, it's a great ride!

darren

:rotfl: I went on it last month and loved it:jumping1:
My DD got very sick after the ride because she moved her head and eyes around.:headache:

GO FOR IT,

Faith
:wave2:

I rode Mission Space a week ago for the first time. I can handle all rides, rollercoasters, simulators, etc. For the first few seconds of Mission Space, I was light headed, but then was ok. My husband is prone to motion sickness so I wouldn't let him ride this at all!

One thing that scared me about the ride, was the barf bags displayed in the simulator, one for each person. I was thinking, "What have I gotten myself into!," but I handled the ride well, and didn't need the barf bag!

Diznee25

About how long is the ride?

I am getting worried that they say they are handing out barf bags. I get a little motion sickness and now they are putting it in my head that I am going to get sick. My son really wants to go on this ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter