Minnie Vans now charging flat fee plus mileage.

My question about this "announcement" from Kenny is that he doesn't site a source. Changing the pricing structure is a big deal and I would expect other WDW sourced websites would be reporting it too even if it is just currently a rumor but I am unable to find any other reports of this.

Correction....I did find one other report from the website no one likes....WDW N... T.... but they also don't site a source of this news (which isn't unusual for that site and a problem with that site).

Thanks for the correction.

This reply brought to by the letters O-M-G!!! $150? And people complain about the parking fees haha.
Obviously a lot of people use the Minnie Van to the airport since they expanded it to include from the airport as well. There will always be people that complain about something (whether it is parking fees or bus wait times) but the Minnie Van seems to be very popular and a success.

Yeah my recent driver tried to sell me on the MCO route saying it was comparable to other private transport at $150. Um, no thanks.

Am I wrong? When this first started wasn’t it $20 flat rate. When did it go up to $25?

So with this new pricing structure, who can benefit the most? Who will it cost more?

My question about this "announcement" from Kenny is that he doesn't site a source. Changing the pricing structure is a big deal and I would expect other WDW sourced websites would be reporting it too even if it is just currently a rumor but I am unable to find any other reports of this.

Correction....I did find one other report from the website no one likes....WDW N... T.... but they also don't site a source of this news (which isn't unusual for that site and a problem with that site).
I do find Kenny's site to generally be very accurate.

So with this new pricing structure, who can benefit the most? Who will it cost more?
Until the new per mileage fee is announced I'm not sure you can really say for sure. Going from Swan/Dolphin to the MK Parking lot is 7.1 miles, so at $1/mile it would be cheaper under the new plan. But if its $2/mile it wouldn't be. Once that per mile fee is announced then we'll know... until they raise prices.

Impossible to answer without a per mile cost
I've done many price comparisons though, of Uber XL with car seat to Minnie Vans (the closest apple to apple comparison), of many different trips around property.
Almost all were either within $2, $3 dollars of each other or Minnie Van was cheaper, at $25 flat rate.
So they were NOT making a lot of money on any of the rides, if you compared apples to apples. Probably even losing money knowing they were paying their drivers more than Lyft drivers usually make.
So I'd have to think they are hoping the new structure costs some rides more and some less. But no idea.

It will benefit Disney, and possibly also Lyft. It will cost riders more. Obviously there is no benefit to riders from a price increase.

And Angi is correct, Disney is not making any money on MinnieVans...yet. But that's typical of Disney and many other companies -- introduce a product, get it established, and then start raising prices in every way you can think of.

The key to this will be how much that per-mile cost is. It shouldn't be any more than $1 per mile, or they are going to be pretty expensive.

It would be nice for the price to be lower for the short trips. I can see some people being surprised when their trip was a lot farther than they had thought, not knowing where places are in relation to each other.

It would be nice for the price to be lower for the short trips. I can see some people being surprised when their trip was a lot farther than they had thought, not knowing where places are in relation to each other.
FYI - meant to address this the other day. They won't be too surprised since when you request the trip, you see the route right on the app. So yeah, they may not know the property ahead of time but they have no excuse when they are ready to use the service (and before actually requesting a ride) since the route is shown right there on their screen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!