Minnie Vans at FW

goofygal531

Always planning...
My family has the FW Archery Experience scheduled that takes place at the FW bike barn.

Would the Minnie Van be able to drop us off directly at the bike barn?

I've used the Minnie Van before, and know they are permitted in places Uber/Lyft are not.

When I was there in September, Minnie Van drop off/pickup was only at the Outpost. You would have to jump on the internal bus to the Meadows.

j

When I was there in September, Minnie Van drop off/pickup was only at the Outpost. You would have to jump on the internal bus to the Meadows.

j

This.

Unless it has changed since my last visit.

I'm on the 200 loop and I've seen a couple of Minnie vans drive thru in the last 2 weeks...not sure if they were dropping/picking up (or just lost) but I was surprised to see them.

They do utilize them transporting supplies, staff, and such for sure. Always seen them. Just never heard of them transporting guests to campsites or to Trails End or Pioneer Hall.

Now the cabins, I've heard of that plenty of times.

I thought the Minnie vans could go directly to campsites or cabins, not sure on trading post though. We tried to take one in January from GF back to the fort and it was not working, the app seemed to have problems so we just went back via MK. We were not thrilled because the app was not working. We could get a lift driver but not the Minnie van so it was a Disney thing and yes it was before 9 pm.

Hope others have better luck.

The Minnie vans can take you directly to anywhere in FW that includes Trails End, the Hoop, BYBQ, sites, pool, sing a long and Meadows store. For the pool and sing a long they drop off and pick up at the Meadows store, for the Settlement area they drop off and pick up at Vineland Station which is the old bus stop near the stables directly in front of the blacksmiths location.

Ah, well there you go. Sounds like it may very well be an option if you get it to work. I had not seen it or heard anyone mention it prior to now.

Good to know.

Minivans extended to Fort Wilderness as of 2/12. It will be interesting if they pick up and drop off at sites, or just up front and in the back. If they can go to the sites, that's a huge advantage over other options.
Saw this on the News and Rumors forum. Looks like something is changing tomorrow.

j

They just increased the Minnie Van fee to $25 today. Ugh!!

I’m wondering if as of today since they are officially allowed at FW, if we can get dropped off at the bike barn or close to it?

Oh, so it just started?

We'll, I don't feel as out of touch now. I knew I hadn't seen them, but it's been more than a year since I was there.

Oh, so it just started.

One just went through the 300 loop.
Sounds like it has been expanded some since September (and had the price increased). Here's a pic from last September. This was taken on the porch at the Outpost. You can see the Outpost bus stop in the background. I asked the driver about it and he said they were only dropping off/picking up at that location.

20170920_190129-1008x567.jpg

j

If someone could find out about being dropped off at the bike barn, or close to it. I’d appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!