Minnie Ear Headband Price Increase

It's pretty crazy...right?

A friend who's a Cast Member of mine took me to Cast Connections. They had boxes and boxes of both Millennial Pink and Imagination Pink Minnie ears. $5 per headband. Bought one of each for my wife. A lot of people say Cast Connections has items for cheap, and they do, relative to Disney prices. In reality they have items for the amount they would be selling for in the real world. The "Disney" tax is getting out of hand. I've made Minnie Ears for my wife that look better than some of the ones they sell.
What is Cast Connections ?

This is not a good look that their raising the price of their chachkies and not pumping out so much merchandise that it ends up in the outlets.

Its all great to look at in the shops, but why would I want to spend my money on overpriced nonsense.

What is Cast Connections ?

Cast Connections is a store exclusive to Cast Members that sells merchandise that are out of season, damaged, etc. They also have a couple of groceries that I assume are close to expiration (didn't check those out though). Everything in the store is deeply discounted. They also have Disney Cruise Line merchandise.

A Cast Member can bring (I think) up to 6 people into the store. There is a room for that only Cast Members can go in (that has the damaged stuff). My friend told me it's not worth it. Things are like...too damaged in there, but as always, you never know what you'll find.

As I mentioned, I got the Millennium Pink and Imagination Pink ears for $5 each. There's a magnet that sells in the parks for $10 (it's Mickey with a sweater on and collegiate looking font) that I got for 99 cents. There was a yellow Disney Cruise Line hoodie that I got for $12. I'm pretty sure it originally sold for $45+.

They had a bunch of mugs that seemed reasonably priced too. If you have someone that can get you in I believe it's worth a trip. I imagine stuff gets rotated out of there frequently, so you never know what you're going to find.

Cast Connections is a store exclusive to Cast Members that sells merchandise that are out of season, damaged, etc. They also have a couple of groceries that I assume are close to expiration (didn't check those out though). Everything in the store is deeply discounted. They also have Disney Cruise Line merchandise.

A Cast Member can bring (I think) up to 6 people into the store. There is a room for that only Cast Members can go in (that has the damaged stuff). My friend told me it's not worth it. Things are like...too damaged in there, but as always, you never know what you'll find.

As I mentioned, I got the Millennium Pink and Imagination Pink ears for $5 each. There's a magnet that sells in the parks for $10 (it's Mickey with a sweater on and collegiate looking font) that I got for 99 cents. There was a yellow Disney Cruise Line hoodie that I got for $12. I'm pretty sure it originally sold for $45+.

They had a bunch of mugs that seemed reasonably priced too. If you have someone that can get you in I believe it's worth a trip. I imagine stuff gets rotated out of there frequently, so you never know what you're going to find.
The room where the "damaged" stuff can be found is Property Control. What is there can be hit or miss. Some damaged stuff, mis lableled stuff, lost and found stuff, surplussed stuff and such. You can get some gems there. After a remodel, the old stuff ends up there. I have picked up some nice stuff, like a king sized comforter from CBR with subtle mickey heads on it, table settings from V&A, a surplus computer. One of the props I bid on but didn't get was the old Vacation Club van that was at DAK. Probably a good thing I didn't get it but it would have been cool. I got Safari mugs at Property Control for $1 each. The legend was supposed to say Animals of the Savannah, but was printed Animals of the Sanannah. Truthfully, I didn't even realize it when I bought them. My wife saw it and told me. I still love the mugs.

Cast Connection had just started selling food when I was still a CM. What they were doing was passing on the bulk savings to the CM's. It was in date stuff, mostly things like bulk produce, milk, eggs, bread, etc. To me, I thought it was a great thing, it certainly helped me and many other CM's stretch their budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!