mini van with wheelchair?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
We will have a fold up wheelchair for my mom, I know that there are car seats in the storage in the back, has anyone been able to bring the wheel chair while using the mini van? Thanks!

How many people will be in your group if the wheelchair folds they can move the car set to the back set fold the wheelchair in the very back.

The Minnie Vans can't completely remove the carseats from the vehicle. I have heard reports that they would put one or both carseats in place in the third row to use the cargo space for a wheelchair or ECV, but with all 6 seats in use by passengers I don't know how they will handle a folding wheelchair. Will it fit in the cargo space along with the carseats? Hopefully someone will post they have done this...

Enjoy your vacation!

As @lanejudy said, I have also seen reports of drivers being able to place the car seats into the back row if there is space. This doesn’t work if all of the seats are full. Based on the photos I’ve seen, a wheelchair will not fit with the car seats in the cargo area.

I was able to get 4 people, plus wheelchair in a Minnie Van. We put one person in the third row, the wheelchair went in the second row with 2 people and the 4th sat in front with the driver. It was tight, but it worked.

Just back from WDW.

We were a party of *2* - so, one of us sat up front with the driver typically, and the other in the second row.

I was able to use a "standard" Minnie Van because my ECV is so small and lightweight - they would move the car seats to the back row (where no one was sitting) and then my personal device went in the back.

But, as others have said here, there is zero provision for a "standard" Minnie Van without the 2 car seats. So, if you need that extra space in the back for anything - stroller, wheelchair, or any other device - you need to request an accessible MV.

We will have a fold up wheelchair for my mom, I know that there are car seats in the storage in the back, has anyone been able to bring the wheel chair while using the mini van? Thanks!
We were there in Dec. Party of 6 plus wheelchair. Request a wheelchair Minnie van (in your Lyft app). There were carseats in the back, but they moved them into the middle between some seats and we were easily able to get the wheelchair in the back plus our 6 people.

So for a family of 6 (two in car seats) including a wheelchair and sit and stand stroller, just wouldn't work?

So for a family of 6 (two in car seats) including a wheelchair and sit and stand stroller, just wouldn't work?

Because you would need the 3rd row, probably not. You could get either the wheelchair or the stroller into the cargo area, but probably not both. The back of the regular minnie vans just are not that big. I think you could get a wheelchair and a small canvas stroller into the back, but two large mobility devices is going to be hard.

Because you would need the 3rd row, probably not. You could get either the wheelchair or the stroller into the cargo area, but probably not both. The back of the regular minnie vans just are not that big. I think you could get a wheelchair and a small canvas stroller into the back, but two large mobility devices is going to be hard.

New plan - the whole family is 4 kids (2 in car seats) grandma, grandpa, DD and SIL. Grandma, grandpa,kids and wheelchair go in minnie van. Send DD and SIL with stroller in uber or bus. We don't need the stroller every min. Wheelchair we need. Just hate to have to spend $100 dollars to get 2 minnie vans. Not something we 'd do everyday, but thinking there will be a few times.

New plan - the whole family is 4 kids (2 in car seats) grandma, grandpa, DD and SIL. Grandma, grandpa,kids and wheelchair go in minnie van. Send DD and SIL with stroller in uber or bus. We don't need the stroller every min. Wheelchair we need. Just hate to have to spend $100 dollars to get 2 minnie vans. Not something we 'd do everyday, but thinking there will be a few times.
Actually if you have more people than will fit in a single accessible Minnie Van, they will send a second van at no additional cost. Just let them know how many people and strollers and such when you call. So your best option may be the accessible Minnie Vans, which you do have to call for or the front desk can assist as well.

Actually if you have more people than will fit in a single accessible Minnie Van, they will send a second van at no additional cost. Just let them know how many people and strollers and such when you call. So your best option may be the accessible Minnie Vans, which you do have to call for or the front desk can assist as well.

But we'd have 8 people total.

But I guess we can ask. If they said we'd need two vans and the cost will be 2 times $X, we can decline and just ask for the one.

About a year ago, we were planning on going to water park with DS, DSIL, 2 GS and a stroller. The night before we asked front desk CM about minnie vans and she said we needed two vans. They only carry 4. What??? CM asked another and they agreed. Only carry 4. I asked here and quickly people told me that was wrong. I went back down to the front desk with the WDW page on my tablet. They told me it was out of date. We just waited until morning and asked again. Of course the number was 6. Getting wrong info like that makes me upset.

Off topic completely---this was also the trip that the front desk CM said we could upgrade tickets to AP. So we did. The next day, DS noticed that the AP expire in November. Our trip was in early May. I went back to the front desk, thinking a simple mistake had been made. They said that the AP is back dated to the date the tickets are bought. We had bought tickets for DS's family for Christmas. After I said no, that's not right. She said everybody does it that way, even universal. I left at that point. I called MS. They said, the AP should be dated to activation date (day before). But I needed to go to GS at a park to fix it. I went to MK. And a CM did click click click , ok, click click click, ok. No, the AP's are correct, they expire in Nov. I asked for a supervisor. When through the whole story. He fixed it. And the other CM acted like this must be a brand new rule that just started 2 mins ago. I told this story before, Robo recommends not let front desk CM handle AP .

But I guess we can ask. If they said we'd need two vans and the cost will be 2 times $X, we can decline and just ask for the one.

About a year ago, we were planning on going to water park with DS, DSIL, 2 GS and a stroller. The night before we asked front desk CM about minnie vans and she said we needed two vans. They only carry 4. What??? CM asked another and they agreed. Only carry 4. I asked here and quickly people told me that was wrong. I went back down to the front desk with the WDW page on my tablet. They told me it was out of date. We just waited until morning and asked again. Of course the number was 6. Getting wrong info like that makes me upset.

Off topic completely---this was also the trip that the front desk CM said we could upgrade tickets to AP. So we did. The next day, DS noticed that the AP expire in November. Our trip was in early May. I went back to the front desk, thinking a simple mistake had been made. They said that the AP is back dated to the date the tickets are bought. We had bought tickets for DS's family for Christmas. After I said no, that's not right. She said everybody does it that way, even universal. I left at that point. I called MS. They said, the AP should be dated to activation date (day before). But I needed to go to GS at a park to fix it. I went to MK. And a CM did click click click , ok, click click click, ok. No, the AP's are correct, they expire in Nov. I asked for a supervisor. When through the whole story. He fixed it. And the other CM acted like this must be a brand new rule that just started 2 mins ago. I told this story before, Robo recommends not let front desk CM handle AP .
The Accessible vans can accommodate up to 6 total, so you would have more and they would send a second van at no additional cost, I believe this is only listed in the Lyft app upon arrival, but can't remember. By the way, the phone number for the accessible van is: (407) 828-3500, you can always call and confirm that this is still the case, but it was in January when we went.

And good to know about the the front desk CM, will make sure I go to a ticket window to activate ours in June.

so you would have more and they would send a second van at no additional cost

No, this is incorrect. Some of the accessible mini vans can only take 4 passengers, so for a party of 5-6 they will call a second one with no additional charge. Or if your party has more accessible devices than the one van can accommodate. Any party over 6 guests - accessible van or not - will need 2 Minnie Vans.

One Minnie Vsn is for up to 6 guests. With a party of 8 you are correct about needing 2. Or send some via Uber/Lyft or the bus and meet at your destination.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter