Mini trip report and a few small updates (POTC, Buzz) + park pics

Every time you post your "first in the park" pic I have to laugh. I donate plasma on a regular basis and every time I do, I text my daughter a picture of me with the needle in my arm (she had a bone marrow transplant 13 years ago so I donate in her honor). She told me recently, jokingly, that I probably just send her the same picture each time rather than take a new one. Ever since she said that, I have the same thought when I see your empty Main Street photos. Granted, it could also just be that I'm jealous!

Ha! I suspected that eventually someone would say or think that. But I promise that each one is unique; taken on the day that I claim it to be taken.

I know I've asked before but I forgot the answer. How early do you get there in order to the one of the first one, if not the very first one, in the park? I'm trying to decide if I want to try for that when I'm there in January. I think my daughter would join me, not sure about the rest of the family but I can always meet up with them later.

Obviously, it depends on the park-opening time (it's almost always 8:00 on the days that I go). In that case, it's best to get to the gates at around 6:30. Usually we go through the turnstile at about 7:40, so that's just a little over an hour wait. You'd probably be fine if you got there at 7:00 but, as you've seen, I always like to be the first in the park :-).

Obviously, it depends on the park-opening time (it's almost always 8:00 on the days that I go). In that case, it's best to get to the gates at around 6:30. Usually we go through the turnstile at about 7:40, so that's just a little over an hour wait. You'd probably be fine if you got there at 7:00 but, as you've seen, I always like to be the first in the park :-).
You must go through the entrances closest to the tunnel if people aren't getting in front of you.

Did you get a cast member to take the pic of you and the crowd at rope-drop?

Great pics and stories, as always! :teeth:

Did you get a cast member to take the pic of you and the crowd at rope-drop?
Sure did ;-).

Great pics and stories, as always! :teeth:
Thanks! I’m actually at the park now. Came to see them make candy canes. Crowds are relatively light. At 9:30 Pirates was virtually a walk-on. Did mansion immediately afterwards and that was the same.

Also, doing well on Buzz. I believe that the scoring problem is finally fixed!

2407E899-B775-4EEB-9506-6BB4F1C457E7.jpeg

Sure did ;-).

Thanks! I’m actually at the park now. Came to see them make candy canes. Crowds are relatively light. At 9:30 Pirates was virtually a walk-on. Did mansion immediately afterwards and that was the same.

Also, doing well on Buzz. I believe that the scoring problem is finally fixed!

View attachment 369638

Have you ever swept the board before?

Were you there today? I left a few hours ago. Curious: what's your high score (approximately)?

We were there today. Showed up around noon. My absolute highest score was yesterday and I got 1,272,400 and 1st place! First time on the board and it wasn’t #1. Planning on writing up a full year review highlights (including my high score) of having our APs after we finish up this final trip.

Have you ever swept the board before?
I believe I have within the last three months or so. I was on the point of doing it today. But I didn't want to look like a jerk so after my last game, I entered a friend's initials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!