Mini Golf Reservations?

cdoc29

Cruising with the Crazies
So I read recently that you can now make reservations for Mini Golf and that it follows the same policy of no show as ADR's where you get charged $10 per person. We have only played once but do not remember a wait, also what happens if it rains or is simply too hot out to play? I just simply don't see a reason to make a reservation because if it's that crowded we will just do more pool time (or since we have a car hop out of the world to another course to get our 'fix" in) What do other think, do you think reservations are needed, will you make them to play now?

It’s not compulsory to make them but there’s been plenty of times we’ve turned up later in the day or after being in a park all day and been told it was 45 - 60 minute wait and we’ve ended up just leaving because we didn’t want to wait that long so I can see how a reservation would have been beneficial in that situation.

I was so happy to see they now offer reservations. In our experience, we've found that, if you don't go exactly at opening, there can be a fairly substantial wait. At the WDW courses, they have a 5 minute gap between group start times so, you can see, if there happen to be 4, 5, 6 groups there (etc.), the wait time starts to add up. We will most likely do what PP suggested and simply call and make a reservation day-of. At that point, we will have a better handle on the weather forecast and we can then plan our day accordingly based on the tee time we can reserve.

During our stay last October we walked over late one afternoon from BC. It was a 2 hour wait. (!)
So being able to make a reservation is appreciated- but I don’t think I’d make them at 180+. I think I’ll wait till we’re there, and see how our days play out.

I love that you can do this now, but I really wish you could make these online, like ADRs. I find it annoying that you have to call. I wonder how far in advance you have the ability to make them and if they show up on your plans online. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

this is definitely interesting. we were staying one night before our Easter cruise and wanted to mini golf but the wait was over an hour for any of the Disney courses. I definitely would have made an advance reservation if it had been available. this is a great option for busier/holiday times.

Went in the past no issue at all. If there is that many people there I wouldn't want to play anyways because of how slow groups in front of you likely be (and no I am not trying to speed run through the course but don't want to sit after every hole).

We golfed 4 times on our trip this month. One time we wanted 15 minutes. Every other time was a walk on. We played during afternoon hours (using our fun entries)...typically 2ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!