Mini Gay Day question

proud mom

Take me to my happy place.
Hi all!

I am planning a trip to Disneyland with my almost 23 year old daughter. We might be there during the mini Gay Day and I was wondering if the parks close early to the public for a private event that night?

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Hi all!

I am planning a trip to Disneyland with my almost 23 year old daughter. We might be there during the mini Gay Day and I was wondering if the parks close early to the public for a private event that night?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
I've never been to mini gay day but I've been to the main gay day in October, and they don't close early. All the gay day stuff happens during regular park hours and is open to the public. For the most part they just agree to meet up at certain times to ride a ride together or take a group photo - nothing too official. During the main gay days they do have a couple of ticketed parties in restaurants in DtD, so some of those might close early, but I don't even know if they do that for the mini day.

I've also not heard of them closing the parks early due to Gay Days (mini or the main event). As Niltiac mentioned, the main one (in October) can impact some of the restaurants in DTD and there are usually events at the hotels (in the conference rooms, so not in the public areas). If the main event doesn't impact park hours, I highly doubt the mini-event would. So far, they haven't posted any information about the mini-Gay Days event, but I would guess that some additional information will be posted on the Gay Days website in the near(ish) future.
http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/

They do not close. Gay Days is not an actual Disney event. Mini Gay Days didn't have anything special when we went last year. In fact, we hardly saw anyone in red shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter