Mini Cheescakes

kaylajr

Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner
As Usual I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD volunteered me to bring MINI CHEESECAKES to her girl scout tea

I have no clue how to make real cheesecake no less mini ones

some one told me i could use vanilla wafer cookies as a crust but :confused3 :confused3

anyone????????

any ideas?????????

If you are ok with a recipe, I can give you mine-let me know. Otherwise, I would go get the jello no bake cheesecake kit-you could do them either in a mini muffin pan or a regular muffin pan, use cupcake papers-they make both sizes. Place a small amount of the crust mixture(graham cracker crumb mix) pressed into the bottom of each cup, then the filling on top. you could top with canned cherry pie filling(or whatever flavor)-I think the no bake would be the easiest as any regular recipe would need to be adapted for baking time. Probably too much babysitting time. Hope this helps.

I can handle a recipe so long as it is right in front of me to follow :teeth:

Ok-here you go-

Crust

1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter

Mix graham cracker crumbs and sugar together, stir in melted butter til combined.
Press mixture in bottom and slightly up sides of an 8"-9" springform pan and set aside.

Cheesecake Filling

5 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese-room temperature
6 - large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Cream the cream cheese slightly, add in flour and sugar, mix thoroughly. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing in completely before adding next egg, scraping down sides as necessary. Add vanilla, scrape sides a final time and beat on high for about a minute. Pour mixture over graham cracker crust.
Bake at 250 for 1 1/2 hours, then turn oven off. Let cheesecake remain in oven until oven is cool (I usually leave for about 5-6 hours) This assures no cracks.

Kayla-the recipe is easy, but I'm not sure how long to tell you to bake them in the muffin size-I would guess maybe 1/2 hour for the mini muffin, 45 min for the regular muffin size-but what I look for is that the filling is at least 75% set into the center-kind of shake the pan-you can tell. The reat will set as the oven cools off. Then you can top them however you want. I'll be here if you have any questions. Sue

No problem-good luck-I will be around tomorrow if you have any problems or questions. Its a great recipe (It's an original-probably my only one I can actually write down..lol)

Hiya Kayla
What I do is put a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake paper (or a chocolate wafer) and pour a couple of tablespoons of batter over top. Not sure how long I bake them for. Usually, just until they are "done". A good basic batter is
3 packages of cream cheese
3 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
The only real trick with cheese cake is to add the eggs to the cream cheese one at a time and beat until they are well mixed in. You could easily add some melted chocolate to this to make it chocolate cheesecake. I use about 4 squares of semi sweet chocolate but you may want more than that.
I bake at 350 degrees for about an hour for a standard size cheesecake. Check after 20 minutes for mini ones and go from there.

You can also buy mini cheescake at the store! It is quite yummy! :teeth:

~Jessie~

I don't know exactly the recipe I love, but it's more or less these from cooks.com:

CHEESE CAKE TARTS

24 Nilla wafers
24 cupcake liners
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cans cherry pie filling

Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla for 5 minutes. Place a wafer upside down into each cupcake liner; fill with cream cheese mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 9-15 minutes, depending on oven. Cool, then top each tart with the pie filling.

INDIVIDUAL CHERRY CHEESE TARTS

24 Nilla wafers
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese (softened 1 minute in microwave or room temperature)
3 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can blueberry or cherry pie filling

Put one Nilla wafer in bottom of 24 foil cupcake liners. Blend together 3 packages of cream cheese, 3 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool. Garnish with cherry or blueberry pie filling (one can filling to 24 tarts). Makes 24 tarts.

*I would probably use the first recipe - don't think you need more than 1 can of filling though. Also, use foil muffin cups b/c the paper ones get soggy!

Good luck! These are so yummy and easy!

cryssi said:
I don't know exactly the recipe I love, but it's more or less these from cooks.com:

CHEESE CAKE TARTS

24 Nilla wafers
24 cupcake liners
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cans cherry pie filling

Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla for 5 minutes. Place a wafer upside down into each cupcake liner; fill with cream cheese mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 9-15 minutes, depending on oven. Cool, then top each tart with the pie filling.

INDIVIDUAL CHERRY CHEESE TARTS

24 Nilla wafers
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese (softened 1 minute in microwave or room temperature)
3 eggs
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can blueberry or cherry pie filling

Put one Nilla wafer in bottom of 24 foil cupcake liners. Blend together 3 packages of cream cheese, 3 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool. Garnish with cherry or blueberry pie filling (one can filling to 24 tarts). Makes 24 tarts.

*I would probably use the first recipe - don't think you need more than 1 can of filling though. Also, use foil muffin cups b/c the paper ones get soggy!

Good luck! These are so yummy and easy!
Yum0!

This is the one I make, I top them with canned cherry pie filling after they cool. I also use the butter cookies that come in the round tin instead of the vanilla cookies. Yummy!

Cheese Cake Cups

INGREDIENTS:
16 vanilla wafer cookies
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
8 oz sour cream
2 eggs

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin pans with cupcake papers.
2. Place one wafer cookie (or butter cookie) in the bottom of each cupcake paper. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Pour over wafers in cupcake papers.
3. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until golden and set.

I have made mini cheesecakes before with either the blueberry or cherry pie filling and it is yummy. :thumbsup2

kaylajr said:
Well they may not be world class
but the kids loved them

Thanks all

What type of filling did you choose to put on them?
I decided to make another dessert and this will be it. I have already made a chocolate ice cream mud pie and a mandarin orange cake, so this will be my third homemade dessert for Easter.

I had both cherries and blueberries made so the kids could have which ever they liked

wdw_dine_junkie said:
This is the one I make, I top them with canned cherry pie filling after they cool. I also use the butter cookies that come in the round tin instead of the vanilla cookies. Yummy!

Cheese Cake Cups

INGREDIENTS:
16 vanilla wafer cookies
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
8 oz sour cream
2 eggs

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin pans with cupcake papers.
2. Place one wafer cookie (or butter cookie) in the bottom of each cupcake paper. In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Pour over wafers in cupcake papers.
3. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until golden and set.

Just wanted to post in case anyone does use this recipe, that I edited it because I forgot to say where to mix in the sour cream. I make these at christmas and they are always a hit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter