Mind what you have learned. Save you it can. - Rebel Challenge TR Jan 2016 - Completed!

Showdown

Back at the room, my husband watched Youtube Videos. I played on the computer. Eventually, it came time for our dinner reservation at Catal. My husband pretty much refused to go as he wasn’t hungry and didn’t want to leave the room. He thought it was crazy that I wanted to go. We also had a fight about something else I don’t remember at this time. It wasn’t pleasant in our room, I remember that. Its also why I’ve been struggling to finish this trip report.

So he wouldn’t leave the room, I left without him. I had told Betsy earlier that day I would make sure she was awake by the fire when we would head to dinner since her shuttle would be picking her up about an hour or so later and she wanted time to get her stuff rearranged before getting to the airport. I totally vented about men and she understood as stupid fights happen in all long term relationships at some point. I told her I was going to dinner and she said she may see me upon my return.

Checking into Catal down 1 person from the reservation wasn’t an issue.

I ordered an Old Fashioned as I needed a real drink. I enjoyed this while I had some of the bread that was brought to the table. It was actually still “Happy Hour” and I ended up ordering off this menu for my dinner as I wasn’t overly hungry but I needed some real food.

5yeM94c.jpg

Bread & Oil

I ordered the tortilla frites. These was rather bland but the aioli helped give it some flavor. I left most of these behind.

O9GBxVg.jpg

Spanish Tortilla Frites - Romesco Dipping Sauce, Garlic Aioli

While the Tortilla Frites had little flavor, the Street Tacos more than made up for it! The pork was well seasoned and I loved the combination of the pickled red onion with avocado!

AfmVDxn.jpg

Street Tacos - Pulled Pork, Avocado, Cilantro, Picked Red Onion/i]

I was done with dinner in about 30 minutes and headed back to the hotel. Betsy was in the hallway by the convention center so I hung out with her a bit more (and continued to rant about my husband) It eventually was time for her to go to her shuttle so we parted ways and I went back to the room.

My husband and I finished having it out and then were fine. He eventually admitted he was hungry so we headed back out to Downtown Disney to get him something to eat.

MjBUI17.jpg

Pretzel w/ Strawberry Kiwi Slushie

I really enjoyed my Blue Raspberry Slushie!

WGHq9QD.jpg

Blue Raspberry Slushie

As Ice Cream was next door, he got his second serving of ice cream for the day.

iovbghy.jpg

Cookies & Cream Brownie Sundae

He enjoyed these back in the room and we finished packing up the room as we would be getting up early the next morning to begin our travels home!​

Yeah I hate when those happen. As you read we had one of those. There was another with respect to our Karamel Kuche goodies, but due to alcohol I didn't remember which night it happened, I just know at some point it did. I mentioned it in comments but not the TR. You can't get around it, but at least eventually you make up.

Yeah I hate when those happen. As you read we had one of those. There was another with respect to our Karamel Kuche goodies, but due to alcohol I didn't remember which night it happened, I just know at some point it did. I mentioned it in comments but not the TR. You can't get around it, but at least eventually you make up.

I remember you having one of those as well! We've been married long enough to know it happens and you move past it. Sometimes you have to show the good and the bad in the report though, as you know.

Getting Home

We were up at 5:00AM and made sure we had everything packed up. We were sad to be leaving our wonderful trip to Disneyland and the Grand Californian but we were ready to get home!

C3WABYP.jpg

Luggage!

xpcBuqy.jpg

Goodbye View!

We got into a taxi outside our hotel and headed to John Wayne International. I was amazed when we checked our luggage and my big bag came in at exactly 49.9 pounds! We were happy we were just under and didn’t have to worry about paying overage or rearranging at the counter. Our other luggage came in at 47 pounds so we totally picked up a fair amount of items this trip (medals are heavy!)

ydyYXkn.jpg

Airplane There!

Our flight to Dallas was uneventful. I napped and read some to pass the time. My husband pretty much just slept. In Dallas, I wanted good barbecue one more time since I can’t get that around Naples no matter how hard I try. We went back to the Salt Lick for their pulled pork. We both were super happy!

6o8YMPp.jpg

Pulled Pork Platter & Pulled Pork Sandwich

Not long after our lunch, we were finally headed home to the Fort Myers airport where we got in our car and got home by 6:30PM. I got to enjoy sorting through the mail and starting the unpacking which would take me a few days to completely get done with. We couldn’t get the dogs until the next day.

Lk6Q1N0.jpg

And that’s the end!​

What's Next!

If you want to continue following the adventures of Dis_Yoda & Mr. Dis_Yoda, here is where you can follow me:

Dining Report for Princess Half Marathon Weekend & Star Wars - Dark Side Challenge Weekend
Run Disney To Eat Disney

Wish Journal: Maintaining Rebel Challenge/Dark Side Challenge Legacy
Ready Are You?

Pre-Trip/Eventually Trip Report to Aulani
Waving Goodbye To My 20s

We also have two weekends for Food & Wine Festival this year. Haven't decided if those will be a trip report or dining report until the fall.
September 15th to 18th - Boardwalk Villas - Garden View
November 3rd to 9th - Beach Club - (Mr. Dis_Yoda runs Wine & Dine)

Disneyland - Rebel Challenge
January 11th to 17th - Disneyland Hotel​

Sorry your last day was a little rough, but glad it all worked our well. Thanks for the education on the other coast ; ) headed to check out your other reports now

Sorry your last day was a little rough, but glad it all worked our well. Thanks for the education on the other coast ; ) headed to check out your other reports now

Bad Days happen! Can't let them get you down (although no point in hiding them either)

Glad to show you the other coast from a WDW-veteran's eyes

Not too much longer until your April trip!

Great TR! We're dining at Rainforest Cafe the day before Tink so I may just order that Chicken BBQ wrap you had! Already looking forward to SW Light Side next year!

Glad you made it home. I think i'M following along with everything I should be.

Great TR! We're dining at Rainforest Cafe the day before Tink so I may just order that Chicken BBQ wrap you had! Already looking forward to SW Light Side next year!

Thank you for reading along! That Chicken BBQ Wrap would be a great option before Tink! We are looking forward too but we just got to get through Wine & Dine Registration on Tuesday - although I do not like that I'm not exactly sure what races I'm signing up for if they are doing a challenge or adding a 10K in general. Doesn't Disney know I need to plan these things?

Glad you made it home. I think i'M following along with everything I should be.

Thanks! You are following along on the other active reports! It feels nice to have one completed now and I'll be able to ignore the RunDisney one for a couple weeks as I'm almost done with the reviews for Glass Slipper - although I think I'm going to add an 'intermission' with my day visit to Legoland & then Naples Craft Beer Fest to do something in between the two trips.

We also have two weekends for Food & Wine Festival this year. Haven't decided if those will be a trip report or dining report until the fall.
September 15th to 18th - Boardwalk Villas - Garden View
November 3rd to 9th - Beach Club - (Mr. Dis_Yoda runs Wine & Dine)
I am finally all caught up! It was fun to read your TR and remember what my travel/running group was doing at the same time. I wish I would have seen you guys while there! Thanks for taking the time to write this!

Being a bit of a foodie I really enjoy your dining updates, the Chefs Counter at Napa Rose has been on my bucket list for some time, but traveling with a big group of 15 (7 of them running) it wasn't an option for my SW half marathon trip this year.

I am glad to see that you guys will be at Food and Wine Half this November. The same 7 of us will be traveling there and running to complete our Coast to Coast. I managed (with my DVC points) to get a grand villa at the Grand Floridian for the whole group. A bit posh for a run Disney trip, but a good room set up for a large group.

Hoping I see you guys in November!!

I enjoyed your trip report! I can't quite imagine running that many miles, eating all those amazing places, etc. so I enjoyed living vicariously through you! I also thought I would have to become an "actual" runner and get much faster times to be able to do a race like those someday (I'm not a natural runner at all... even jogging for a mile straight is something I have to work up to!), and I really enjoyed all the details that show me if I wanted to put in some training time, I could totally do a 10K there some day. :) (I've only done 5-6 5k's up until now) New goal! I'm glad you guys had a mostly great trip!

I am finally all caught up! It was fun to read your TR and remember what my travel/running group was doing at the same time. I wish I would have seen you guys while there! Thanks for taking the time to write this!

Being a bit of a foodie I really enjoy your dining updates, the Chefs Counter at Napa Rose has been on my bucket list for some time, but traveling with a big group of 15 (7 of them running) it wasn't an option for my SW half marathon trip this year.

I am glad to see that you guys will be at Food and Wine Half this November. The same 7 of us will be traveling there and running to complete our Coast to Coast. I managed (with my DVC points) to get a grand villa at the Grand Floridian for the whole group. A bit posh for a run Disney trip, but a good room set up for a large group.

Hoping I see you guys in November!!

Thank you for reading up on all my adventures! Did you ever write a trip report about your running adventures? I think the Chef's Counter will be on the list for next year as well once we start planning! Such a great way to celebrate a wonderful event! A group of 15! That is a large group to travel with! Are all 15 or just the 7 going for Wine and Dine?

That is awesome to get a Grand Villa for the whole group! All that room will be great for a run Disney trip, especially with the nice soaking tub to enjoy after all those races! We're staying at the Swan during Wine & Dine as the Boardwalk/Beach Club were entirely too overpriced and I didn't want to risk the waitlist for DVC there. I wanted to be able to walk from EPCOT back to the hotel room for some trips around the world!

I enjoyed your trip report! I can't quite imagine running that many miles, eating all those amazing places, etc. so I enjoyed living vicariously through you! I also thought I would have to become an "actual" runner and get much faster times to be able to do a race like those someday (I'm not a natural runner at all... even jogging for a mile straight is something I have to work up to!), and I really enjoyed all the details that show me if I wanted to put in some training time, I could totally do a 10K there some day. :) (I've only done 5-6 5k's up until now) New goal! I'm glad you guys had a mostly great trip!

I'm so far from a natural runner but I keep trying! I still can't go for a mile straight running but that is what Run/Walk is for and enjoying my intervals! You could totally do a 10K at Disney some day! Disney Races are so welcoming to people that are on the slower side of running! Thank you for enjoying my report :) I love having people follow along!

Thank you for reading up on all my adventures! Did you ever write a trip report about your running adventures? I think the Chef's Counter will be on the list for next year as well once we start planning! Such a great way to celebrate a wonderful event! A group of 15! That is a large group to travel with! Are all 15 or just the 7 going for Wine and Dine?

That is awesome to get a Grand Villa for the whole group! All that room will be great for a run Disney trip, especially with the nice soaking tub to enjoy after all those races! We're staying at the Swan during Wine & Dine as the Boardwalk/Beach Club were entirely too overpriced and I didn't want to risk the waitlist for DVC there. I wanted to be able to walk from EPCOT back to the hotel room for some trips around the world!

I have written a couple of trip reports (so I can appreciate how much work they entail :)) and posted them over on Mouse Owners.... including one about Aulani .... but not any about these latest "running adventures" :). We will only be 6 runners and 2 extra to cheer us on for the WDW trip... so 8 total.

I have also been following along on your pre trip planning for Aulani. It's such a great place!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter