Million Dreams observations....

Maybe some of it is the green-eyed monster, but when I read about people getting 3 or more of these dreams during their stay (and even multiple ones in one day!), and I come back having been there at the same time only having experienced frowns on MANY CMs faces, it makes me feel a bit sad. I guess i would have liked SOMETHING...... It sort of makes me feel left out of what was going on all around me
There are two different things going on. There's the Year of a Million Dreams Sweepstakes, during which an average of 1,551 official prizes will be awarded each day of the promotion, with winners being split among Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, postcard entries, and possibly other DL/WDW locations each day, out of over 170,000 Guests per day and who knows how many mail-in entries, or a less than one tenth of one percent chance of winning a YoaMD prize; and Cast Members granting unexpected, unofficial 'wishes' to random Guests, with absolutely NO official count released. IT'S ALL JUST CHANCE. As someone indicated upthread, thousands of families will never even get to go to Walt Disney World.

well the way i'm looking at it is, i'm gonna be there for christmas and since
christmas is the time for giving, Disney can give me one of the BIG Dreams Gifts
Except the Sweepstakes is being run by an entirely impartial company :) and the awards are random.

Sorry to be posting under my husband's name....

but I had to add that I really, really want to see someone get a prize during our trip that starts the end of this week. I don't want to win anything at all...because, well, the husband works for the Disney Studio and we would have to decline gracefully! Could you imagine, if we won the DVC prize? I would just die!!!!

But I am happy and thrilled that this trip is my "Million Dream Prize," as it was a surprise trip for our anniversary!

They have a daily snail mail as well. From what I understand, the snail mail entries are treated just like a 'park' - on the days that snails are picked from they will be awarding all the things that don't require you to use it that day. So the prizes will vary from the pool of lanyards and ears right up to a chance for the biggies - DVC, cruise, grand marshal world tour.

I have been sending in one or two post cards per week cause you never know and it gives me a dream of hope--- and yes.. the odds are so greatly stacked against me, I probably have better odds in the mega-millions :)

Anyone else doing the snail mail entry?

Im doing the mail entry, as well.

But I JUST got back from WDW October 4th... after a long 11 day trip.

And, from my ticker below - Im headed back in January for a quickie little trip.

THAT is a dream for me! More than once a year?!?? Anything more than that, is gonna be icing on my YoaMD cake! :thumbsup2

A couple of observations that I posted on another thread:

Just an observation of the Dreams and Dream Squad. Most Dream Fast Passes are being handed out early in the day. This gives the guests all day to enjoy them. In fact, most of the people I spoke with who received the Fast Passes, Lanyards, and hats all told me they got there dreams early in the day, before 11:00AM. My guess is that if you want to increase your chances of winning something arrive early and go on as many attractions as you can.

Another observation is that the Dream Squad are very covert. They seem to be hiding out until its time to hand out dreams. I asked about this to a few Cast Members and they told me at the beginning of the promotion a lot of people identified the Dream Squad members and were following them around. They were even getting approached by a lot of people asking for or about the dreams. Although you will see them walking through the parks they don't roam, they tend to hide out in other places and await there time and place to hand out dreams. When we received our dream lanyards and pins at Star Tours the Dream Squad member came out of nowhere to tell us about our dream, she reached in her bag for the lanyards, handed them out and left quickly through the back exit.

I agree with you. Knowing about what's going on and having expectations(which is our own fault anyway) makes it hard to see other people getting magic. We go to WDW a lot and have never had anything extra special happen to us. Well that's not true. It never happens to me. DH took our two littlest boys on Buzz first thing one morning and they got the first family of the day award and a free picture. Which was great. Course the other half of the family missed out. ;) Anyway, I was just talking to my husband about this last night and how we never get any extra magic and that I'm sure we'd see tons of people getting the dreams this weekend when we go. He said we are just too under the radar. Which is true, we're quiet, shy, well he's not but I am and so are the boys, so we just don't draw much attention to ourselves. So he said this weekend we should just act crazy and happy and all in wonder. I said,"Well, actually it seems like a lot of things are happening in groups, so we can just find a crazy attention attracting fan and follow them all day." :teeth:

At any rate, we'll have a great time. And I am just thankful we can go so often. :)

Our dreams are coming true each day we are there, but I would still love m y kids to be surprised! Anyway we're going tomorrow!!! Whoo hooo!

ADP said:
A couple of observations that I posted on another thread:

Just an observation of the Dreams and Dream Squad. Most Dream Fast Passes are being handed out early in the day. This gives the guests all day to enjoy them. In fact, most of the people I spoke with who received the Fast Passes, Lanyards, and hats all told me they got there dreams early in the day, before 11:00AM. My guess is that if you want to increase your chances of winning something arrive early and go on as many attractions as you can.

Another observation is that the Dream Squad are very covert. They seem to be hiding out until its time to hand out dreams. I asked about this to a few Cast Members and they told me at the beginning of the promotion a lot of people identified the Dream Squad members and were following them around. They were even getting approached by a lot of people asking for or about the dreams. Although you will see them walking through the parks they don't roam, they tend to hide out in other places and await there time and place to hand out dreams. When we received our dream lanyards and pins at Star Tours the Dream Squad member came out of nowhere to tell us about our dream, she reached in her bag for the lanyards, handed them out and left quickly through the back exit.

I agree...
we won Dream fast passes twice last week and I didn't see the Dream Squad people until we won them. Actually, before we went on TOT where we won our second one, I did see a CM using a "clicker", counting off people as we entered, but he had a black coat on, so I didn't see what he was wearing. They gave the lanyards to us after the lights came on just after the Rod Sterling video. Both times we won, we won before 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter