Million Dreams observations....

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
We just got back from 6 nights at DisneyLand and had a wonderful time! I wanted to comment on the million dreams promotion- basically, I wish I hadn't known about it prior to going. I saw people everywhere with those "dream fastpasses" around their necks and kept thinking- how'd they get those?! I was happy for others- but kept hoping and waiting fo rour "turn", which never came. I saw lots of "dream" pins, lanyards, hats, and those illustrious fastpasses- we also saw many CM's with their "million dreams" messenger bags all over the park. I guess the marketing concept is a good one for disney since it doesn't really cost them anything- but I didn't like the feeling that I wasn't in the right place at the right time all week! I guess my Cinderella step-sister envy was showing!
Good Luck to everyone else!

The families that will never be able to afford to even GO to Disney are probably pretty envious of YOU! Hope it didn't put a damper on your trip. That would be a shame.

Sounds like the green eyed Monster got the best of you. I hope you had a magical time anyway. :wizard:

I totally understand where you are coming from.. it drives my husband crazy everytime I go running in the other room and saying.. you won't believe this.. or guess what this family got... he says he just don't want me to get my feelings hurt when we might not get picked.. I said.. you know... I will pray for a dream... and ask God.. for one.. and if someone else needs it more than me.. than that is the way it should be... I wished we all could get a dream...

but in reality.. its a dream just to be going!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

We also try not to think about other people winning and not us but we are only human. We are leaving in 5 days and plan to have a Magical trip whether we get YOAMD stuff or not.

It is hard not to be envious. I am going to try not to be envious too. I rarely win anything no matter how mundane the prize is ... so only trying to expect a fun time! :sunny:

You know, on my last trip I was upgraded for free from a standard room to a concierge room at Boardwalk. So even if I don't get anything this time, I keep saying....could a FP really top being in the concierge for a week? Nah. Nothing will top that. That was my dream, just a little early. ;)

We just returned and the safari in front of us got stopped at the unloading area and everyone on that particular safari got dream passes for the day. But it was really no big deal because there were no real lines for anything. For example, Everest had a 20 minute line at shortly after noon.

I love hearing everything people are winning. ITS GREAT!! Our chance of winning is just as good as their chance of winning. So if I don't win a dream fast pass-- That will make me all the more excited when I win theCruise :rotfl2:

Its just great knowing that lots of people are being sprinkled everyday with Pixie dust. Just being their with my family will be enough for me!!! :love:

Maybe some of it is the green-eyed monster, but when I read about people getting 3 or more of these dreams during their stay (and even multiple ones in one day!), and I come back having been there at the same time only having experienced frowns on MANY CMs faces, it makes me feel a bit sad. I guess i would have liked SOMETHING...... It sort of makes me feel left out of what was going on all around me.

I am going in 19 days! :cool1: Anyways, I think it is awesome for Disney to do such a promotion. I am not going to Disney just for the chance at winning a new set of Mickey Ears; however, if I did it would be nice. Although I do understand what you are saying but I will have a good time no matter what. I believe even seeing someone with the ears of the pins or any of the such would put a smile to my face because I would be watching someones dream come true.

I would be the same way.. always wanting what was just out of my reach.

We are planning on going to Disneyland in July of 2008. Perhaps it's good that we're not going during this promotion, so I wouldnt' constantly be trying to find the guy that is giving out the DVC membership.

Just being in Disney World for 10 days with the one and only woman I will ever be in love with is all the dream come true I'll ever need. :love:

This is where I sometimes think these boards (no flames please) can hinder a vacation. We all love hearing about magical things that happen, (for instance at Whispering Canyon) then if the same thing that happened to Mary Doe doesn't happen to Jane Doe, they are disapointed. I have truly been afraid of this since they announced the Million Dreams. We have a great trip every time, appreciate any special magic moments, and try not to compare our experiences to others.

BTW-this is not to say I won't be screaming and jumping up and down if we do get something special, just trying to remain focused on making our own trip the best! :banana:

I can totally understand the feelings of the OP. I also think not knowing about the promotion would be cooler

MonkeyPants said:
I can totally understand the feelings of the OP. I also think not knowing about the promotion would be cooler

I agree. But lets think for a second. The majority people visiting the parks do not know about the promotion, which makes it that much better. We, being Disney geeks or freaks as you say, already know.

well the way i'm looking at it is, i'm gonna be there for christmas and since
christmas is the time for giving, Disney can give me one of the BIG Dreams Gifts :smokin:

I'm excited just to think there will be more 'happy' (those who've won a dream) people in the parks every day - that would be the answer to my dream - a day in the parks where everyone else is in as good a mood as I am :thumbsup2 (big dream, I know! ;) ) :smooth:

DisneyFan06 said:
All I would suggest to you is just dont go expecting gifts.

That's true.. but I also expected the CMs to be extra happy, smiling, nice, etc.... I found the opposite. One CM was complaining about her hours at a stand, another took my ice cream order and didn't even look at me, even when taking my money and giving my receipt back. I said thank you and got nothing back.

Maybe if they were nicer, I wouldn't feel this way as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!